Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
3,026,485 views Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2023, 11:17   #4426
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 629
Thanked: 1,806 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Anyone using this product : https://www.amazon.in/IROAD-Built-Se.../dp/B0C1GZQSGR ?

1) How good is it?
2) Any known troubles?
3) Do I need to hardwire the rear to the front or is it wireless?
4) Can I just use the front camera without the rear and just plug the rear in only when I need it?
5) Is it possible to turn off the timelapse mode and keep every single second recorded at the 30fps speed?
6) Does it store all recorded videos on the sd card or only the events ?
airguitar is offline  
Old 2nd May 2023, 20:00   #4427
BHPian
 
rroy92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: WB
Posts: 85
Thanked: 90 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Anyone using this product : https://www.amazon.in/IROAD-Built-Se.../dp/B0C1GZQSGR ?

1) How good is ​IROAD FX2 Dash CAM?
Must be so good that it shot up in price by 4K in a month of listing in amazon. /s

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-iroad-fx2-dash-cam.jpg



Anyone using the REDTIGER F7N 4K Dual Dash Cam?

https://www.amazon.in/REDTIGER-Dash-...dp/B08TT1RRGP/

Last edited by rroy92 : 2nd May 2023 at 20:09.
rroy92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 10:39   #4428
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mysuru
Posts: 1,733
Thanked: 1,253 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Hi guys, when I got sunfilm installed on front windscreen my dashcam was removed.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20230505_103422.jpg

Now I can't fix it back. The stickiness of the transparent sheet (ted arrow) is gone and the double sided sticky tape (yellow arrow) is very sticky not allowing me to remove the transparent sheet.

Any pointers? Thanks
goandude is offline  
Old 5th May 2023, 11:03   #4429
BHPian
 
chaksjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Hosur | TN70
Posts: 136
Thanked: 200 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Hi guys, when I got sunfilm installed on front windscreen my dashcam was removed.
Attachment 2447380

Now I can't fix it back. The stickiness of the transparent sheet (ted arrow) is gone and the double sided sticky tape (yellow arrow) is very sticky not allowing me to remove the transparent sheet.

Any pointers? Thanks
I faced the same issue when I had to change my windscreen a couple of months ago.
Only thing I could figure out was to forcefully remove the electrostatic film and double sided tape from the mount, clean the mount then buy another set of tape and film and use that.

You'll be able to get the film & tape set from nexdigitron.com
chaksjr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 14:30   #4430
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mysuru
Posts: 1,733
Thanked: 1,253 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post
I faced the same issue when I had to change my windscreen a couple of months ago.
Only thing I could figure out was to forcefully remove the electrostatic film and double sided tape from the mount, clean the mount then buy another set of tape and film and use that.

You'll be able to get the film & tape set from nexdigitron.com
Thanks, that's a great help. Getting the sticky double sided tape off was tough.

Would 3M double sided tape directly on the camera mount one side and windscreen on the other side be adequate to hold the camera?
goandude is offline  
Old 5th May 2023, 14:40   #4431
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 121 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Thanks, that's a great help. Getting the sticky double sided tape off was tough.
Next time try heating the tape using a hair dryer on low. Only way to remove the strongest of 3M tapes, might work for others. Heating them during installation also ensures a stronger bond. Just make sure you're heating the glass around the mount slowly and uniformly, else it may crack.

Last edited by bravo6 : 5th May 2023 at 14:43.
bravo6 is offline  
Old 5th May 2023, 14:57   #4432
BHPian
 
chaksjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Hosur | TN70
Posts: 136
Thanked: 200 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Thanks, that's a great help. Getting the sticky double sided tape off was tough.

Would 3M double sided tape directly on the camera mount one side and windscreen on the other side be adequate to hold the camera?
I had temporarily used only double side tape initially, but if the car stands under the sun for even half a day the tape would come loose and the camera would then hang by its wires. I had only put one layer of tape though, directly on the mount without putting any tape to the windscreen.
chaksjr is offline  
Old 5th May 2023, 15:18   #4433
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mysuru
Posts: 1,733
Thanked: 1,253 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo6 View Post
Next time try heating the tape using a hair dryer on low. Only way to remove the strongest of 3M tapes, might work for others. Heating them during installation also ensures a stronger bond. Just make sure you're heating the glass around the mount slowly and uniformly, else it may crack.
Used a sharp knife to get most of it out, then WD40 made the residual stuff easy to clean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post
I had temporarily used only double side tape initially, but if the car stands under the sun for even half a day the tape would come loose and the camera would then hang by its wires. I had only put one layer of tape though, directly on the mount without putting any tape to the windscreen.
Ordered the "Installation Toolkit for DDPAI DashCams - Electrostatic & Heat Resistant Sticker
Z40 Front" for 348/- including shipping.
Only doubt remains is, would the new electrostatic sticker stick to the sunfilm which I installed? Or does it only attach to glass?
goandude is offline  
Old 5th May 2023, 20:58   #4434
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 83
Thanked: 50 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Used a sharp knife to get most of it out, then WD40 made the residual stuff easy to clean.

Ordered the "Installation Toolkit for DDPAI DashCams - Electrostatic & Heat Resistant Sticker
Z40 Front" for 348/- including shipping.
Only doubt remains is, would the new electrostatic sticker stick to the sunfilm which I installed? Or does it only attach to glass?
For Fastag and Dashcam, you should have cut that much space to function properly. If Fastag is pasted behind the windscreen film, it may not function properly. I faced this Fastag issue with VKool70.
Joy73US is offline  
Old 6th May 2023, 05:27   #4435
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mysuru
Posts: 1,733
Thanked: 1,253 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
For Fastag and Dashcam, you should have cut that much space to function properly. If Fastag is pasted behind the windscreen film, it may not function properly. I faced this Fastag issue with VKool70.
The installer kept Fastag on the glass under the film so shouldn't be an issue.

What I'm concerned about is the sticking of dashcam to the film. As now there is no uncovered glass space available.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 13:46   #4436
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 121 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post
I had temporarily used only double side tape initially, but if the car stands under the sun for even half a day the tape would come loose and the camera would then hang by its wires. I had only put one layer of tape though, directly on the mount without putting any tape to the windscreen.
One layer of tape is all you need. After sticking the mount, you're supposed to leave it for 24 hours for the tape to bond properly. If you try to mount a camera, it will fall off under the hot sun. Same thing happened to me with a GoPro. After reinstalling it properly, the issue disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Used a sharp knife to get most of it out, then WD40 made the residual stuff easy to clean.
Forgot to mention that when you heat it, it comes off clean in one piece and there is no residue to be cleaned off at all. It's like you never stuck anything there. No risk of scratching the glass.
bravo6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 14:41   #4437
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 8,071
Thanked: 26,020 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Planning to buy another dashcam in the next few days, preferably a dual channel (front & rear) unit. Too lazy nowadays to look through reviews and performance. Just want something super-reliable that won't burn a hole in the pocket.

Any recommendations and links would be very welcome.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 22:35   #4438
BHPian
 
Samfromindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kolkata - Pune
Posts: 694
Thanked: 2,628 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Planning to buy another dashcam in the next few days, preferably a dual channel (front & rear) unit. Too lazy nowadays to look through reviews and performance. Just want something super-reliable that won't burn a hole in the pocket.

Any recommendations and links would be very welcome.
Do let us know how did your new purchase work out
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 22:50   #4439
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 8,071
Thanked: 26,020 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Do let us know how did your new purchase work out
Indeed. Bought a 70mai A500s Pro Plus+ with the rearview cam (RC06) yesterday on the last day of the Amazon sale, along with its hardwiring kit, and waiting to receive it. At an additional 10% discount on the Rs.10,9xx pricing, I thought it was worth it. However, this unit goes into my daughter's car next month in Australia, and I'll provide a detailed report in a couple of months! I am hoping the ADAS feature of the A500 would be of good use there, as much as it's an irritant in India.

Was considering the Omni, but somehow did not like what it does - and it's really expensive! The 70mai M500 was another option, but it does not have a screen (like the first 70mai dashcams), and the blinking indicator is on the wrong side. Also, there's no rear camera as a part of the set.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 16:51   #4440
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 54
Thanked: 28 Times
Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Hello BHPians,

The video loses 3 seconds of video recording when emergency mode is activated. There was an undulation in the road surface that led to emergency mode being activated(sensitivity set to low). Refer to the attached video timeframe 00:00:15.
\
Can someone using DDPAI mini confirm if they face similar behaviour and if thereís a solution to this apart from disabling emergency mode altogether which is currently set to low sensitivity.

Iím a bit concerned by the missing recording since the most critical 2-3 seconds that are needed are actually not being recorded by the dashcam which beats the very purpose of installing dashcam in the first place.
Was any solution found for this problem?
gotoguru is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks