Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2023, 18:43   #4441

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Finally after spending so much time and energy and scanning almost the complete dash cam and DVR thread, I finally installed 70mai pro plus+ A500s in my Crysta.
I would like to thank all the learned people here who shared their experiences with different dash cams in this thread. It helped me a lot to zero down the best suitable cam for my car, which serves the purpose and fit in the budget as well.
Got this cam at Rs 9830 from Amazon with 10% (up to Rs1500) HDFC card discount. Built quality, looks and feel of the camera is excellent. setting up the app is also like a cake walk. During the installation, I stick the camera mount directly on windscreen without the electrostatic sticker. I hope that would not be an issue but nor sure what is the use of electrostatic sticker...

Will use it and share the image quality experience,
Old 13th May 2023, 17:51   #4442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoguru View Post
Was any solution found for this problem?
No, I did not find a solution for this issue.

Instead, I got a 128 GB memory card and disabled emergency mode. Larger capacity card saves enough footage, so I don’t have to worry about saving any critical footage now.
sarav100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 01:23   #4443
BHPian

I recently got my Tucson. I want to put up a dashcam on it. A friend of mine has been using DDPAI for years and suggested that I go for DDPAI X5 Pro Dual CH. From what I've looked, this one comes with a hardwire option only & I don't want to hardwire anything or mess with the fuses. I dont need parking mode, so I'm totally ok using the charging port to power the dashcam. Does anyone know if DDPAI X5 Pro can be setup with charging port?

Also I've been looking at Viofo A139 Pro 2CH. It does come with car charger port cable. Anyone has any experience with it?

What I'm looking for is
  1. 1080p rear & 4k front with atleast 30fps. If I can get higher fps then that would be great.
  2. Good quality video in both day & night, should be able to read number plates.
  3. Super capacitor - my car stays parked in my street under the sun, temperatures can get to 47'C.
  4. Wifi 5Ghz connectivity
  5. 256 GB or above sd card support
  6. Decent & functional mobile app which allows downloading & viewing of videos.
  7. I don't care about any ADAS features.

Any other suggestions/recommendations would be helpful.

Also, I wanted to know if anyone here has installed a dashcam on the new Tucson or any other car which has ADAS? Tucson has an ADAS camera/sensor just behind the IRVM stuck to the windshield. So I'm assuming that the front cam wont go behind the IRVM (dont want to mess up ADAS). What would be the ideal place for it then (which doesn't interfere with ADAS sensor/cam)?

Also, any ideas about concealing the cables & routing to the charging port? Don't want to mess with side airbags.

Anyone know a reliable & experienced person who can install this in NCR?
Old 14th May 2023, 02:43   #4444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitgupta View Post
Also I've been looking at Viofo A139 Pro 2CH. It does come with car charger port cable. Anyone has any experience with it?
Not exactly with A139 Pro but A229 Duo. Check this thread (VIOFO A229 Duo Front and Rear Dashcam | Review & Initial Impressions):

Quote:
What I'm looking for is
  1. 1080p rear & 4k front with atleast 30fps. If I can get higher fps then that would be great.
  2. Good quality video in both day & night, should be able to read number plates.
  3. Super capacitor - my car stays parked in my street under the sun, temperatures can get to 47'C.
  4. Wifi 5Ghz connectivity
  5. 256 GB or above sd card support
  6. Decent & functional mobile app which allows downloading & viewing of videos.
  7. I don't care about any ADAS features.
A139 Pro fulfills all these conditions. Plus, it is better version than A229 Duo as it has HDR. Night time quality of A229 Duo is average due to lack of HDR.

Quote:
Also, I wanted to know if anyone here has installed a dashcam on the new Tucson or any other car which has ADAS? Tucson has an ADAS camera/sensor just behind the IRVM stuck to the windshield. So I'm assuming that the front cam wont go behind the IRVM (dont want to mess up ADAS). What would be the ideal place for it then (which doesn't interfere with ADAS sensor/cam)?
You can install the camera next to ADAS module behind your rear view mirror.

Quote:
Also, any ideas about concealing the cables & routing to the charging port? Don't want to mess with side airbags.
Pretty easy, just remove door rubber beadings which can be done with bare hands and route it from there.

Quote:
Anyone know a reliable & experienced person who can install this in NCR?
Whichever seller you buy dashcam from will guide you this.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 12:46   #4445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Thanks, will check it out.

Quote:
A139 Pro fulfills all these conditions.
Yes it does & so does DDPAI X5 Pro. The only downside (for me) I see in X5 Pro is that it seems to come only with hardwire support. What I'm trying to figure out is why there's a 15k difference in pricing between X5 Pro & A139 Pro.

A139 Pro is almost double the price of X5 Pro.

Quote:
You can install the camera next to ADAS module behind your rear view mirror.
And that doesn't interfere with ADAS? Because that is a big concern for me, I don't want to end up messing with car's ADAS.

Quote:
Pretty easy, just remove door rubber beadings which can be done with bare hands and route it from there.
That sounds pretty good. Didn't think of that. Thanks.
Old 15th May 2023, 06:52   #4446
BHPian

Hi..I am from Chennai and I need to install my 70 Mai 800 Dash cam with rear camera. Can anyone recommend a good place where i an install the above kit in Chennai? Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 09:39   #4447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshsar View Post
Hi..I am from Chennai and I need to install my 70 Mai 800 Dash cam with rear camera. Can anyone recommend a good place where i an install the above kit in Chennai? Thanks
Best to ask the sellers (www.nexdigitron.com) for a suggestion. They will recommend the right person for it who won't mess up the wiring on your vehicle.
Old 15th May 2023, 10:26   #4448
BHPian

Quote:
The price to pay for super-capacitors, superior sensors & a much better software experience. I myself was in a similar boat just until yesterday. The conclusion to my research is that unless one doesn't install SLR level lenses, reading number-plates in the dark is a sheer impossibility and better not break heads to figure out the best dash-cameras (money no bar). The software experience and ease of downloading those recordings is what matters the most and that is where Viofo is doing much better than both DDPai & 70mai (A Xiaomi sister concern).

I am now waiting for the A139(2k front & rear dash-cam) to be restocked. It's worth the price for 23k with the Starvis sensor and 30fps recording + much thinner cables (as compared to the ginormously fat rear cam cable for the A129 pro). I was stuck on the DDPai z50 (with the super-capacitor) for a cheaper price than the viofo but then read reviews about DDPai's horrendous software experience and the 25fps cap on this specific model. Staying away from the 70mai 80s because of the Lithium Ion battery it has (lacking super-capacitors) as my car is 90% of the time standing under direct sun and internal parked-cabin temperatures may well be reaching 50+ degrees on a regular basis.

Last edited by Zinger_Winger : 15th May 2023 at 10:51.
Old 16th May 2023, 15:22   #4449

Hi Team,

Anyone who can recommend decent shop who can fit the Dashcam (front and rear) in Thane (near Mumbai)?

I have the Ford Ecosport with side/curtain airbags, so want to ensure the wiring is done carefully through the rubber beads inside the pillars

Last edited by aah78 : 18th May 2023 at 05:05. Reason: Typo fixed.
AltrozGuy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th May 2023, 20:32   #4450
Senior - BHPian

A quick question for the dashcam users and experts. Im looking to buy either one of DDPAI Z50 or 70mai A800 series. I just want a simple plug and play device which offers the best functionality overall for my 2022 Jeep Compass. However, between these 2, the big difference seems to be the battery. While 70mai uses a regular Lithium, the DDPAI comes with a super capacitor, which supposedly holds better in extreme weather conditions.

My usage is not very extreme, although the dashcam can experience high temperatures due to its placement. But, im also wary of the frequent battery failures reported in the Jeep Compass, so i do not want to load the car battery than what is necessary, so in this case would a lithium be more apt or does the super capacitor trump lithium in every aspect? From whatever little I know, the super capacitor discharges and recharges much more often than the lithium, hence my fear if the super capacitor puts a bit more stress on the power source, which in this case is the car battery.

Any suggestions or feedback would be really helpful, thanks in advance folks!
Old 17th May 2023, 22:19   #4451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
My usage is not very extreme, although the dashcam can experience high temperatures due to its placement.
Dashcam is not going to strain your car anymore than you charging your phone does. Its a small camera & not some heavy duty equipment. Problem with non-super-capacitor based dashcams is that if you park your car under the sun in Indian summers (unless you happen to live in Ladakh) then there's a risk of camera (& likely car) damage. If you always park your car in a covered parking then you can look at lithium battery based dashcams.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th May 2023 at 05:06. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 18th May 2023, 04:06   #4452
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it does & so does DDPAI X5 Pro. The only downside (for me) I see in X5 Pro is that it seems to come only with hardwire support. What I'm trying to figure out is why there's a 15k difference in pricing between X5 Pro & A139 Pro.

Viofo isn’t cheap anymore. It’s one time investment. Choose whichever you like. You can hardwire too, it won’t affect your warranty and it’s completely reversible process. Takes hardly 10 minutes.

Quote:
And that doesn't interfere with ADAS?
Not at all.
Old 19th May 2023, 13:29   #4453
BHPian

Hey folks,

So I was gifted a 5k amazon gift card recently, went and got myself the 70 mai m300 dash cam with it. Heres a short install video after the link

As you can see, it was effortless to install and hide the power cable. Though there is an option to hard wire it to the relay box of the car, I opted for using the cigarette lighter plug option instead.

Couple of observations:
1. The collision sensitivity set to high makes the cam start taking emergency event video when you roll over those annoying tiny speed bumps( those hard rubber black/yellow ones in all parking structures). Setting it to low makes this go away.
2. The cam records in both high compression and low compression. What I hav e seen is videos recorded in high compression when played on the 70mai app play smoothly but playing on the phone media player appear choppy. Trying now with low compression ratio recordings, shall update over the weekend.
3. The app itself is very user friendly and a breeze to setup. I just wish downloading the videos from the cam to your phone were faster so I need not sit in the car after getting home from work to just download any videos with especially idiotic driver encounters on the road.

Sriku
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:58   #4454
BHPian

So I'm finally going with Viofo A139 Pro 2CH. I was wondering if anyone has bought a Viofo dashcam from their website at https://viofo.in/ and if yes then how has your experience been. I was looking at this on Amazon and it is available there as well sold by Viofo.in only though they seem to be charging 2000 more there.
Old 23rd May 2023, 02:03   #4455
BHPian

Quote:
So I'm finally going with Viofo A139 Pro 2CH. I was wondering if anyone has bought a Viofo dashcam from their website at https://viofo.in/ and if yes then how has your experience been. I was looking at this on Amazon and it is available there as well sold by Viofo.in only though they seem to be charging 2000 more there.
Yes, I did get it from Viofo.in. They're the only official distributor/retailer in India as per Viofo.

Experience has been fantastic. Customer support is excellent. No waiting or annoying delay. Replies are fast and so is the service. Haven't used the warranty part but I suppose it is the best in class (from what I remember) and the only official one in India. My shipment was through Bluedart and reached a day after placing the order.

That 2k more is because of Amazon charging commission for listing products on their site. If you've selected Viofo, go for Viofo.in. It's safe. I did get A229 Duo last year.

Btw, I envy your choice man. Had this model been available last year I surely would have got this one.

Last edited by batish : 23rd May 2023 at 02:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks