Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2016, 20:19   #556
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Bionics, did you order the GT300 from Ali Express? I can't find it at price of 6 USD. They are all in the range of Rs. 1100 to more than Rs. 2000.

I'm still tempted by the model I mentioned in my earlier post. Any comments on that, anybody? Please? Last day today at this price and I'd like to know if anyone knows anything more about it.
Old 21st January 2016, 20:53   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionics View Post
Ordered a GT300 from the same seller for USD 6. Thanks for the link!!

And got a question which just came up in my mind. Is it legal use a dashcam? or is it illegal to record with a dashcam in India? Like what if the Police saw a dashcam in your car. Can it be a problem?

Not sure whether this has been discussed earlier - couldn't find it.
Radar, and radar detection is illegal. Why would a dashcam be illegal?
Though, with our tomes of strange laws, I may be corrected by someone finding a regulation against it.
Old 21st January 2016, 21:52   #558

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
Bionics, did you order the GT300 from Ali Express? I can't find it at price of 6 USD. They are all in the range of Rs. 1100 to more than Rs. 2000.
Yeah, I ordered it from AliExpress using the link provided earlier in this thread.
Checked that link now and it shows US$39. Guess the sale is over.
I was charged Rs. 406 and only the blue one was available then.
bionics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 22:20   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

And got a question which just came up in my mind. Is it legal use a dashcam? or is it illegal to record with a dashcam in India? Like what if the Police saw a dashcam in your car. Can it be a problem?

As long as photography in public isnt banned or if it is, I dont think the use of a dashcam has special set of rules and regulations. One angle is if someone on the road doesnt want to be videotaped they can oppose this.

Coming to practicality, life with a dashcam is not so dangerous because:
1. Its not usually an attention grabber for people to know that there's a camera.
2. Cops will usually be concentrating on your seat belt and presence of a phone in your hand rather than searching for a camera and having issues with it.
3. It actusly gives you an edge if at all you are facing an incident. Firstly people have a fear of a camera right from a biker to a cabbie. If I point and show them that theres a camera there, their behavior changes.

Havent been flagged down by a cop till now. If that happens, I ll upload the footage here
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 22:26   #560
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, I'd been following this thread since a week but couldn't make time to order the cam & missed the sale, if anyone in Bangalore has ordered an extra GT300 dashcam, please reserve the same for me if possible!
Old 21st January 2016, 22:27   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I ordered it from AliExpress using the link provided earlier in this thread.
Checked that link now and it shows US$39. Guess the sale is over.
I was charged Rs. 406 and only the blue one was available then.
Nah. Just now checked out the item for $6.

Why isn't there a paypal option with Aliexpress? How does members here pay for AliExpress transactions?
Old 21st January 2016, 22:32   #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Why isn't there a paypal option with Aliexpress? How does members here pay for AliExpress transactions?
I paid it through my HDFC credit card.
Old 21st January 2016, 23:49   #563
BHPian

Just ordered the I1000 dual lens dash cam, which I had referred to in my earlier post, from Ali Express, along with a 32 GB TF card and a 3-way cigarette lighter power splitter. Delivery between 15 and 60 days. Keeping my fingers crossed for safe delivery.
FarPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 05:12   #564
BHPian

Quote:

seems all credit cards are accepted.
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:28   #565
BHPian

Quote:

Can you please post the link? I am still seeing either $19 or $39 ones only.
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:19   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
As long as photography in public isnt banned or if it is, I dont think the use of a dashcam has special set of rules and regulations. One angle is if someone on the road doesnt want to be videotaped they can oppose this.

Coming to practicality, life with a dashcam is not so dangerous because:
1. Its not usually an attention grabber for people to know that there's a camera.
2. Cops will usually be concentrating on your seat belt and presence of a phone in your hand rather than searching for a camera and having issues with it.
3. It actusly gives you an edge if at all you are facing an incident. Firstly people have a fear of a camera right from a biker to a cabbie. If I point and show them that theres a camera there, their behavior changes.

Havent been flagged down by a cop till now. If that happens, I ll upload the footage here
Cops and public should not take offence if we use Dashcam. Its not a pervert device, but a device to keep drivers out of trouble from poorly written "Law".

We are not intimately filming people anywhere, if that is the case all ladies should first go to court to stop security cams being installed anywhere. When that cannot be done, no one has the right to object dashcam.

The only place where Dash cam should be avoided at all cost is areas of strategic interests such as International Borders, Defence areas. Other than these places, any objection to dash cam is a violation of privacy, and right to live with freedom promised to us by the constitution of this nation by virtue of our birth.

Any cop who takes you to task for this, should not be given freehand. Challenge him to show the article and clause in motor vehicle act where dash cam usage is prohibited. If they confiscate, make sure you take your vehicle to nearest Traffic Police Station for lodging a complaint for theft of article by government official on duty.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:30   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Can you please post the link? I am still seeing either $19 or $39 ones only.
It is the same link. When i tried again, it showed me for $39. They might be offering the deal at certain time windows.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:32   #568
mxh
BHPian

Quote:

Important question, does anyone know the legal answer to this. Another question is whether the consent of other party is required for using the footage? Like in US you need a release permission signed by people appearing in any video even in public places.
Old 22nd January 2016, 17:27   #569
BHPian

The GT300 offer is back. i just saw that it is available at USD 6 with 1 day left. So if any of you has bought at a higher price you can order now and cancel the earlier one (if not shipped)
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 19:18   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
The GT300 offer is back. i just saw that it is available at USD 6 with 1 day left. So if any of you has bought at a higher price you can order now and cancel the earlier one (if not shipped)

Still the same $19 for me. Can you please share the link?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks