Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2016, 11:12   #1306
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Having a wierd problem with the A118C dashcam. It seems to turn off on its own after some 45-50mins of recording. If I don't notice it then it would automatically switch on after some time. But once I notice the recordings, I find a few files missing. Has anyone faced this issue?
Old 5th November 2016, 12:45   #1307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys,

Which software do you use to splice the videos of the dashcam, to show only the segment interested in ?

Can the software patch two videos into one ? And does it remove audio from the video file

Any help will be highly appreciated

Awaiting your inputs
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
For trimming videos -

Windows - Dashcam viewer - http://datakam.ru/download/DatakamPlayer/DATAKAM PLAYER.zip

Mac - Quicktime player (built in)

Registrator viewer (now Datkam player) allows merging of two clips and removal of the one second overlap between videos.

Audio stripping is not as simple, you need to encode the file after deleting/muting the audio track using e.g Moviemaker or Adobe AfterEffects on Windows and Adobe AE or Final Cut on a Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Xiaomi phones come with a built in editor. Whatsapp does the job but has severe quality reduction as a result. I haven't found one which trims AND downsamples it nicely to 480/720p for online sharing. If you do, please share.
Apart from the options suggested by harsh, you can also use the swiss knife of video players VLC

To cut a relevant section, under playback > click record. This will start recording. Repeat these steps to stop the recording. The clip will be saved to the same folder with -recoding suffix.

To reduce the resolution/file size etc, under file click convert/stream, browse to the clip. Select custom profile and click customize. Here you can set the video parameters (1280x720 or 720x480 or scale 0.5, 0.25 etc) under video codec. Uncheck audio in audio codec tab to remove audio. You can then save this preset and simply select the profile from drop down next time onwards.

Finally select the output location. Hit save and it will start converting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Guys,
Do your dash-cams automatically switch ON to night mode in the night ? i.e. Do the InfraRed lights switch ON by themselves ?
I had a cheap chinese one earlier which had these IR lights. Did not switch on automatically, but, I found them rather useless. Did not affect the recording much. I guess they weren't powerful enough to make a difference. Do you have recordings with IR off and on? And is it really a night and day difference?
Dry Ice is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 14:38   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Having a wierd problem with the A118C dashcam. It seems to turn off on its own after some 45-50mins of recording. If I don't notice it then it would automatically switch on after some time. But once I notice the recordings, I find a few files missing. Has anyone faced this issue?
Which micro SD are you using? Are you using the supplied charger/power supply?
Old 9th November 2016, 16:44   #1309
Senior - BHPian

I wish to buy a suction mount for my Transcend DP200 , which came with an adhesive mount. With the suction mount in Place in the second, I can leave the adhesive mount alone in the first one, and just transfer the camera.
However, they seem to be hard to come by, and arent being sold by Amazon Fulfilled partners , or its flipkart equivalent. The only seller on Amazon is the one who sources from USA , and that might take a while to be delivered.
Link.

Can anyone point me to a better way to mount the camera ? Or if there are any other reliable means to buy the mount ?
Old 10th November 2016, 10:31   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Can anyone point me to a better way to mount the camera ? Or if there are any other reliable means to buy the mount ?
Why not try the clip type mount that holds onto the sun visor. You can have it mounted in the passenger side. I'm sure there will be options available online.
Old 14th November 2016, 16:05   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
Finally after 37 days of ordering at Gearbest.com my dashcam mini0805 reached me. .
Well the sad news is the mini 0805 has died in less than 6 months of use & is no longer working. All I get is a constant blue power on light, no screens , no recordings

After acquiring the mini 0805, I had ordered a hardwiring kit, fuses from Aliexpress.com together with a Samsung EVO 64GB card from Amazon.in and then connected all of them together in one weekend.
Worked flawlessly for a week, and then one night I think it heated up a bit during my 20 mins commute home, could smell a bit of electronics heating up.
Next morning onwards the constant blue indicator & screen dead. The DVR had fried...
Do not see what the issue could be, trawling the dashcam forum points to a defective SD card but I think it is more to do with the hard-wiring kit, though voltage looks ok even now.
Tried all, replace card, power source, complete discharge, rest etc. nothing works. Dissapointed ! It had seemed like a fun device with good resolutions.

Contacted Gearbest.com for guarantee/warranty, could extract a $6 wallet refund as the best.

Now need suggestion as to which cam to buy and from where, it is definitely not going to be mini 0805.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-mini0805.jpg  

goswami.j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 16:13   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
My pleasure. But we should come to a common understanding on what is to be done.

Maybe we all can get together in a place and I can help you guys out.

itself
I finally got the camera, Now I am in the process of procuring the other bits needed for the install. Is there a possibility that few of us could get together and get the installation done some place common to all?

For the GT300, is 32GB preferred card or the 16GB would suffice?

Last edited by dass : 14th November 2016 at 16:31.
Old 14th November 2016, 16:15   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wish to buy a suction mount for my Transcend DP200 , which came with an adhesive mount. With the suction mount in Place in the second, I can leave the adhesive mount alone in the first one, and just transfer the camera.
I am looking for the adhesive mount for the Transcend. Want to exchange?

Having used both I recommend the adhesive mount for the cam as its more solid. My front cam DP220 came with suction mount and i bought adhesive mount from amazon.com for it. The rear cam DP100 has suction mount which I am planning to convert to adhesive mount.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 16:43   #1314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I finally got the camera, Now I am in the process of procuring the other bits needed for the install. Is there a possibility that few of us could get together and get the installation done some place common to all?

For the GT300, is 32GB preferred card or the 16GB would suffice?
Currently I am in Germany, so I am sorry that is not possible from my end. However, please feel free to ask any questions/doubts regarding the install. The install shouldnt take more than 15 mins if everything is ready and prepared.

For the GT300, go for a high end card, minimum of class 10 or the higher variants. Else, it will lead to dropped frames and freezes now and then during recording. For a daily basis, the 16gb card will be enough, but if you want to capture highway drives etc then 32GB will be better.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 17:29   #1315
BHPian

My Blaupunkt Dash cam is behaving crazy over the last few days. Once the ignition is switched off and the power to the dash cam is completely cut-off, the camera stays on. But the weird thing is, it doesn't record anything. The battery drains completely.

Next day, I plug the power socket back and switch on the ignition, the camera starts working.

What could be wrong (or) Has the dash-cam gone kaput?
Old 14th November 2016, 19:12   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post

What could be wrong (or) Has the dash-cam gone kaput?
Most probable cause would be a battery that's about to go bad.

You could open it up to check the battery specifications and order one online.

Last edited by harsh79 : 14th November 2016 at 19:14.
Old 15th November 2016, 11:16   #1317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Why not try the clip type mount that holds onto the sun visor. You can have it mounted in the passenger side. I'm sure there will be options available online.
Can you give a link ? I tried googling for clip type mounts for the Transcend DP200 , and came across nothing. The cam has a slot at the top which you need to slide into the holder to latch on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I am looking for the adhesive mount for the Transcend. Want to exchange?
I dont mind having a second adhesive mount. I actually want two mounts to transfer the cam between two cars. The Blaupunkt BP2.0 prices recently went north, else would have simply gone for the second cam instead.
Old 15th November 2016, 17:29   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Can you give a link ? I tried googling for clip type mounts for the Transcend DP200 , and came across nothing. The cam has a slot at the top which you need to slide into the holder to latch on.
Try Googling 'mobile holder visor mount' on Amazon. The bracket type holders might fit your requirement, or after a little bit of DIY.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 14:07   #1319
BHPian

So, I bought this and installed it. It does not have any battery, so it directly connects to your car power, and is pretty easy to install. The photo clarity is really good, and the ease of having ability to access it on wifi is also nice.

Overall a good buy at 50 USD

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...608.0.0.s9d4wC
an_and is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 14:46   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
So, I bought this and installed it. It does not have any battery, so it directly connects to your car power, and is pretty easy to install. The photo clarity is really good, and the ease of having ability to access it on wifi is also nice.

Overall a good buy at 50 USD
Really like the discreet design, great for cars with the IRVM fitted on the dotted glass area.

Could you please share some day and night video from this dash cam. Specifications look good.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks