Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2017, 16:44   #1441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narasimha raju View Post
Is this original? It doesn't have movable camera head. You can find in the below URL where it shows camera can be adjusted in 4 ways for Viofo A119 model.

https://www.amazon.com/Viofo-A119-14.../dp/B01HVWNFF6
Yes the lens moves both vertically and horizontally. However, you will have to remove the CPL filter as said by another member above, to horizontally adjust the lens.
And thank god, there are no fakes yet in the market!
Old 17th April 2017, 17:04   #1442
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Yes the lens moves both vertically and horizontally. However, you will have to remove the CPL filter as said by another member above, to horizontally adjust the lens.
And thank god, there are no fakes yet in the market!

I purchased 2 Voifo A119S with GPS & CPL through Amazon and got them delivered to friend's address in US. Once he returns to India, I will get them installed as front and back cameras for my son's i20.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd May 2017 at 17:25. Reason: Typo
Old 18th April 2017, 10:42   #1443
BHPian

Yesterday got delivery of Viofo A118C dashcam, it looks quite compact than I expected. Tried 64 GB card in it, and it works properly.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20170417_202501.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20170417_202811.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20170417_203037.jpg

Installed it this morning behind my civic's rearview mirror, it's barely visible to outsiders. Initially, i was planning to install it in right side of RVM, but since RVM is generally tilted towards the driver, the camera did not enough space to fit there. So had to install it on left side of RVM. Installed it in such way that status LEDs and just camera status on the upper side of camera screen will be visible to the driver.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20170418_091332.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20170418_091511.jpg

The plastic back cover to hide camera wires is quite long to my need, so will have cut it to fit in properly. Right now it's directly connected to cigarette lighter socket, on weekend planning to connect cigarette lighter extension and hide all wiring.

Firmware version confirms the authenticity of the original Viofo brand.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20170417_205353.jpg

Also, I have an old spare GPS receiver, but its connector is different, I think it will work with this dashcam if I convert this GPS connector to dashcam compatible one. The experiment will begin on weekend.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20170418_090851.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20170418_090906.jpg
techcoze is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 13:06   #1444
BHPian

SJCam M10 WiFi dismantle & repair

"SJCam M10 WiFi dismantle & repair"

Hi all,

2 years back I had purchased SJCAM M10 wifi model, but at that time the delivery was missed by a whisker, and couldn't carry it for my Spiti trip in May'15! (see my earlier posts on this thread.)
In some of my other trips, I had been using this cam, but overall the usage was not very high, and very rarely used it as car dashcam. I also had purchased an additional battery and a twin-battery charger, from some online site.

I wanted to get the cam ready for my upcoming trip. Since quite some time I had noticed some issues with the micro-USB port of the cam, most possibly a loose connection. So yday dismantled the entire cam and got the micro USB port fixed. The cam is working fine now.
I have created a complete documentation (attached pdf file) for this activity, and happy to share with my colleagues herein.

regards,
Pranav
Attached Files
File Type: pdf sjcam m10wifi (dismantle & repair).pdf (1.57 MB, 978 views)

Last edited by pcpranav : 21st April 2017 at 13:07.
Old 23rd April 2017, 12:32   #1445
BHPian

Planning to buy a dash cam under 12K in India. This thread while greatly informative, and I have been following it for few months, the sheer variety and number of brands that these come in, one gets lost in details of which to buy!
Which fits the bill best for a dash cam which is available in India off or online with out batteries, hassle free in installation and robust while being discreet. Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Old 23rd April 2017, 14:37   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet007 View Post
Planning to buy a dash cam under 12K in India. This thread while greatly informative, and I have been following it for few months, the sheer variety and number of brands that these come in, one gets lost in details of which to buy!
Which fits the bill best for a dash cam which is available in India off or online with out batteries, hassle free in installation and robust while being discreet. Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Without batteries and within india leaves you with very minimal options. Like viofo which you will have to pay upwards of 10k whereas you can get it for as low as 4k from Aliexpress.
No idea about other brands though.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 16:57   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet007 View Post

I would definitely recommend Transcend DrivePro 220. I am using it since March 2016. Reason for recommendations-
1. Price is matching your budget. Today its price is Rs. 11,XXX/-
2. Reliability. I haven't faced any problem since the purchase. Very easy to install. In fact during my road trips, I easily removed and installed it. It has a long cable. Suction mount is good. It fell only twice in 1year, that also may be because of hot condition.
3. Video Quality is good in 720p and in 1080p.
4. There is Lane Departure Forward Collision, Speed Alert features which you may or may not use.
5. It is very simple to use. It has WiFi feature and GPS feature. I used GPS feature and it is good. You can track where the car had been taken. It comes with 16GB MMC. It has a very good iOS and Android app.
6. Available on Amazon and delivered within 2-3 days.

I bought Transcend 64GB memory card alongwith it. Before buying check the reviews of Transcend DP220 on amazon. You will get more inclined towards buying it. I faced similar issue which you are facing right now which dashcam to buy. Today I am happy DP220 owner.
kabir3551 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 10:00   #1448
BHPian

Finally placed an order on Amazon India for Viofo A119, for just under 11K, the best offer available online. Gear best is least but out of stock for atleast 6 months now.
Was about to order Transcend 220 but video quality and only 16GB, made Viofo A119 A better buy. It is rated in top 5 for the 2017 in many dash board cam review sites.
Though a newer version A119S is released and available and much better night vision, the resolution drops for this model which is more expensive too, so settled for the older A119.
Thanks to Kabir and Abhi for valuable inputs. Viofo also has a capacitor which is better than battery for dash cams especially in hot climate countries like our's.
Old 27th April 2017, 11:49   #1449
BHPian

Does anyone know where I can buy polarizer filter for A118C? Lot of dash reflections in video recording, planning to buy polarizer filter (if not very expensive)
techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 12:58   #1450
BHPian

Anybody who has an opinion on the aukey dash cam?

I liked the fact that it is really small in size, so will fit behind the rear view mirror and doesn't need a suction mount. It doesn't come with a battery, so while that has its own cons I think it is one thing less that I need to worry about. Plus I can get it through a friend in the US, so it would cost me around Rs 3k or so.

For a first timer on a budget of Rs 4k or so (including the fuse tap and the hard wire kit), is this good enough?

Link - Amazon
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-aukey.jpg  

Old 27th April 2017, 21:11   #1451
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Anybody who has an opinion on the aukey dash cam? ....
I have three Aukey USB chargers (two mains and one car) and umpteen USB cables which all handle the Quick Charge voltages properly die to having in-spec (not smaller) conductors for power. Oh... and an Aukey power bank.

Don't know about this product, but my experience of Aukey is that it is well-made stuff.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 22:06   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody who has an opinion on the aukey dash cam?

I liked the fact that it is really small in size, so will fit behind the rear view mirror and doesn't need a suction mount. It doesn't come with a battery, so while that has its own cons I think it is one thing less that I need to worry about. Plus I can get it through a friend in the US, so it would cost me around Rs 3k or so.

For a first timer on a budget of Rs 4k or so (including the fuse tap and the hard wire kit), is this good enough?

Link - Amazon
That's a rebranded Mini 0801.
harsh79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 09:03   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I purchased it in Dubai for AED 450 but will be used in Bengaluru. Let me try the suction mount and see how it holds up. Else have to figure out some jugaad with double side tape. Bought an extra 32 Gig high performance Micro SD Card, and I'm told it can support up to 64 Gigs.
Hi Sebring,
Please let me know where you bought the dashcam from in Dubai. I wanted to get it from one of my relatives staying there.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd May 2017 at 17:25. Reason: Typo
Old 28th April 2017, 12:13   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Don't know about this product, but my experience of Aukey is that it is well-made stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
That's a rebranded Mini 0801.
Thanks for the feedback. I too trust Aukey as a brand, but haven't heard about their dashcams.

I ended up ordering the Aukey DR 01. It is a bit over my budget, but apart from the 170 degree FOV, it comes with a screen and a dual USB charger. Thought it is probably fine at 5.6k. Lets see
Old 28th April 2017, 12:25   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I too trust Aukey as a brand, but haven't heard about their dashcams.

I ended up ordering the Aukey DR 01. It is a bit over my budget, but apart from the 170 degree FOV, it comes with a screen and a dual USB charger. Thought it is probably fine at 5.6k. Lets see
The DR-01 uses the IMX323 sensor (lower cost version of the 322), it'll definitely outperform the one you'd linked earlier, both day and night.
harsh79 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks