Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2017, 17:37   #1486
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Hello. Pardon me if this has been discussed before. I need to route the wiring of a dash cam I have purchased as shown in the photo, and I am looking for someone to do it for me. If anyone residing in Pune area (preferably PCMC area) would have any recommended car mechanic to do this job, that would be extremely helpful for me. Thank you in advance. Regds

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_7569.png
Old 17th May 2017, 20:34   #1487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvtanwar View Post
Hi, I don't know whether you managed to sample the output from shajufx's experience, but I did a DIY using this app: here's my story.
Interesting to note that you have quoted a post that is almost an year old I was not happy with the mobile result only reason being the viewing angle too narrow for a complete coverage. I used my SJCam 4000 in couple of trips and the result was perfect day and night. Most of the good quality dash cams are more expensive than SJCam, I got 2 of it, so I am fixing one as my permanent dash cam. Giving a sample below taken 2 weeks back. Previous trip had a day and night coverage including bangalore cop taking money from me for being 6 inches ahead of the stopping line at signal
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 22:10   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Hello. Pardon me if this has been discussed before. I need to route the wiring of a dash cam I have purchased as shown in the photo, and I am looking for someone to do it for me. If anyone residing in Pune area (preferably PCMC area) would have any recommended car mechanic to do this job, that would be extremely helpful for me. Thank you in advance. Regds

Attachment 1639726

Hi Haldar. Your search may end at Baner at a shop by the name Car Cupid. There is a guy by the name Sumit. He is good and a very knowledgable guy. He will be the perfect person for the job. You can search "Car Cupid Baner" in google. You will get the address and mobile number.
kabir3551 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 08:19   #1489
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the late repy. Was traveling.
You can procure it either from PlugIns or online at Souk.com.
Souk is definitely cheaper, but the sticker mount is absent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
Hi Sebring,
Please let me know where you bought the dashcam from in Dubai. I wanted to get it from one of my relatives staying there.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 12:25   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
and i want exactly similar setup to be done in my car and i stay near Byappanahalli Metro Station, Bangalore. So, does anyone know any known car mechanic who can do this, near my area?
Old 18th May 2017, 12:32   #1491
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1639726
This is a very simple routing and even you can do it as a DIY.

Below are the good mechanics in PCMC I often visit.
Car Cupid in Pimple Saudagar
Car Stop Accessories Shop Pimple Saudagar
mchanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 12:49   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Interesting to note that you have quoted a post that is almost an year old I was not happy with the mobile result only reason being the viewing angle too narrow for a complete coverage. I used my SJCam 4000 in couple of trips and the result was perfect day and night. Most of the good quality dash cams are more expensive than SJCam, I got 2 of it, so I am fixing one as my permanent dash cam. Giving a sample below taken 2 weeks back. Previous trip had a day and night coverage including bangalore cop taking money from me for being 6 inches ahead of the stopping line at signal
Agree with your points on the viewing angle and superior quality of a real dash cam. There's always a difference between something adapted to a purpose and something that's designed for the purpose The App and phone setup give you a basic working dash cam, which is better than no dash cam at all in today's driving conditions. Upgrading to a real one will also happen for me, I'm sure

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th May 2017 at 12:25. Reason: Removing video from quote :)
Old 18th May 2017, 13:20   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvtanwar View Post
...The App and phone setup give you a basic working dash cam, which is better than no dash cam at all in today's driving conditions. Upgrading to a real one will also happen for me, I'm sure
Agree, something better than nothing !
I decided about fixing my sjcam permanently because of an incident last week. An innova overtook from my left when the signal became green, came to my lane without any warning, applied sudden brake and forcefully made me scratch my own bumper on his rear. He opened his door and came out for taking pictures. I have no idea why such psychos drive here ! That was completely unexpected at such a busy signal (Hebbal). His intentions are still mysterious. That was a rude warning to myself : Fix the dashcam and save yourself from such idiots ! If it was on the airport stretch or highway, my entire bumper would have been crushed. These are things that fall on you without any warning, however careful you are on road. I dont have the habit of sudden acceleration and braking unless on the highway for quick overtaking.

Now, I ordered a 10 feet USB cable for giving power to the SJCam, concealed through the dash and roof. Not sure if I can do it myself, will check for DIY videos. Only issue I find is, my cigar lighter point is continuous power. Any suggestions to sort it out ? SJCam starts recording as soon as the power is recognised. Right now I have to manually plug in and plug out from the power point because of the 'always ON' status.
Old 19th May 2017, 13:26   #1494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...ordered a 10 feet USB cable for giving power to the SJCam, concealed through the dash and roof. Not sure if I can do it myself, will check for DIY videos. Only issue I find is, my cigar lighter point is continuous power. Any suggestions to sort it out ? ....
Friends, there is a new obstacle for my DIY work, thats an AIRBAG inside the A pillar. Any suggestions ? Adding a picture below for easier understanding. Green line is where I want to run the USB cable, Red circle is the airbag area.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-usb.jpg
Old 19th May 2017, 13:39   #1495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Friends, there is a new obstacle for my DIY work, thats an AIRBAG inside the A pillar. Any suggestions ? Adding a picture below for easier understanding. Green line is where I want to run the USB cable, Red circle is the airbag area.
Attachment 1640175
If you want to play it safe, try to wire it under the rubber beading without opening up the A pillar trim. The beading should come out easily or at least give you enough flexibility to push in the wire, which can be taken all the way to the upper end of the panel and then in the upper gap and then under the headliner.

If you want the job really clean then check if you can find the procedure to open up the A pillar without messing with the airbag. That will give you a clean and easy result.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 13:56   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
....The beading should come out easily or at least give you enough flexibility to push in the wire, which can be taken all the way to the upper end of the panel and then in the upper gap and then under the headliner.......will give you a clean and easy result.
Thanks a ton, I will check that method. Clean and easy result is my utmost priority because I cant even drive when something is hanging or swinging above the dashboard, call it bit extreme, I get a headache when I see cluttered dashboard or dirty windscreen more than 10 mts on the go
Old 19th May 2017, 19:38   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
I was not happy with the mobile result only reason being the viewing angle too narrow for a complete coverage. I used my SJCam 4000 in couple of trips and the result was perfect day and night.
Hi
Am also planning to pick up one to be used both as a dash cam and for my rides. Can you pls help with the following questions?

Does it come with a dash/helmet etc mount or do these have to be purchased separately?
Does it have any inbuilt memory or do we have to buy a SD card.
Does it have an inbuilt LCD screen for direct playback.
Any separate phone/tab based software/app needed to copy/transfer videos or just use the SD card/data cable.
Can you pls share the exact model you bought? Amazon lists a couple of options

Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 20:05   #1498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Does it come with a dash/helmet etc mount or do these have to be purchased separately?
It comes with all the mounts, helmet, dash, cycle etc. even water casing, but windshield mount has to be bought seperately

Quote:
Does it have any inbuilt memory or do we have to buy a SD card.
You have to buy the card seperately, I have a 32 GB which shows 4 hrs plus in HD

Quote:
Does it have an inbuilt LCD screen for direct playback.
It has

Quote:
Any separate phone/tab based software/app needed to copy/transfer videos or just use the SD card/data cable.
You can control everything from your phone or tab with the android app, I usually copy paste the files to my laptop due to its data size.

Quote:
Can you pls share the exact model you bought? Amazon lists a couple of options
Its SJACM SJ4000 wifi, value for money, perfect for multi purpose HD recording, amazon sells it for around 6k+

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th May 2017 at 12:29. Reason: Please don't reply inline, it causes problems for readability and when quoting. Have edited your post to use quote boxes instead :)
Old 19th May 2017, 20:49   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Giving a sample below taken 2 weeks back. Previous trip had a day and night coverage including bangalore cop taking money from me for being 6 inches ahead of the stopping line at signal
It's better if the cam is center mounted so that it covers max left and right sides and high mounted so that it covers the front left and right corners (the extremes) (if possible). Or is it already? It'll be helpful in case of any dispute.
Torqy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 14:01   #1500
BHPian

Quote:

Now, I ordered a 10 feet USB cable for giving power to the SJCam, concealed through the dash and roof. Not sure if I can do it myself, will check for DIY videos. Only issue I find is, my cigar lighter point is continuous power. Any suggestions to sort it out ? SJCam starts recording as soon as the power is recognised. Right now I have to manually plug in and plug out from the power point because of the 'always ON' status.
Hi
Can you pls share the make and model of the USB cable? Will order it along with the cam if available on Amazon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks