Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2017, 19:50   #1621
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
No. Tried every trick in the book, 2 different cellphones and 2 different cables no luck. I posted this even on rcgroups.com forum. App developer(Thomas) himself is responding to my queries but not much help.
Anyways, I found an alternate app to do this for me in the meantime. This app detected my dashcam instantly and gives the live feed
Could be something to do with the Type-C OTG and the app. You could also try FinalCam (I remember checking it out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
Thanks, I have this mount already which came bundled with my Mobius package. Will try this out tomorrow
Depending on the rake of your windshield, flipping the mounting mechanism to the front (as shown in the picture I'd posted above) will allow you to mount the camera a lot closer to the windshield. Try it both ways..
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 13:05   #1622
BHPian

Just got VIOFO A119 installed in my car using the hardwire kit in a nearby accessory shop. However, as the supplied fuse tap did not fit with existing fuses, the accessories guy tapped into wiring and got power from a wire powered up during ignition only.

The installation is neat and all wires are tapped and concealed properly. My only concern is does it void warranty if we directly tap into wiring instead of via fuse box?
Old 9th July 2017, 13:35   #1623
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
My only concern is does it void warranty if we directly tap into wiring instead of via fuse box?
If the service guys spot it then the warranty would be void. You could have ordered the compatible fuse tap and then installed it IMHO. Plus if your raise any warranty related claim then they'll check all areas and may find the tapping done.

Tapping directly isn't a good way. Any images of how the tapping was done?
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 13:44   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
I've seen a lot of reports on DCT about Sandisk red/grey cards not playing well with various dash cams, mostly Novatek based cameras. I had problems with the Sandisk while using the Mini 0805 (Ambarella based).

Been using the following cards without any issues so far -

Transcend 400X 64GB X 2 - one for 13 months and the other 8 months
Sandisk 128GB (all black with red print) - 6 months
Samsung EVO+ 64GB - 3 months

Incidentally all the above cards are used with Novatek based cameras.
I had a similar problem with Kingston 64 GB card, which after first use started to show error and Viofo A119 stalled recording completely.
Changed memory card to a 16GB Strontium (only choice in croma), and it seems to be working well so far!
Old 9th July 2017, 16:01   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If the service guys spot it then the warranty would be void. You could have ordered the compatible fuse tap and then installed it IMHO. Plus if your raise any warranty related claim then they'll check all areas and may find the tapping done.

Tapping directly isn't a good way. Any images of how the tapping was done?
Hopefully I will not have any issues to regret this decision.

Have few pictures of the installation. Sorry about the quality, taken in my mobile. I had the direct tapping removed immediately and insulated the shredded region of original wire. Currently dash cam is connected to 12V power socket.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20170709_001.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20170709_003.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20170709_004.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-wp_20170709_006.jpg
Old 9th July 2017, 17:20   #1626
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
Hopefully I will not have any issues to regret this decision.
That red wire as seen is the repaired one or the wire that is connecting the dashcam?

You can refer my thread (MINI 0806) (DIY Install & Review - The Mini 0806 Dash Camera) or Harsh Sir's (Street Guardian SG9665GC V2) (Street Guardian SG9665GC v2 Dashcam: Review & Install) for all the details.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 18:54   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
That red wire as seen is the repaired one or the wire that is connecting the dashcam?

You can refer my thread (MINI 0806) (DIY Install & Review - The Mini 0806 Dash Camera) or Harsh Sir's (Street Guardian SG9665GC V2) (Street Guardian SG9665GC v2 Dashcam: Review & Install) for all the details.
Thanks for the links. Yes the red one was to power the dash camera. Anyways I had it removed, secured the shredded region with black tape, applied additional tapes on the cover and finally rested the hardwire kit for future use(When I get the compatible fuses). For now I have used 12V socket and routed wire through left A pillar, behind the glove box.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th July 2017 at 12:20. Reason: Concerned post deleted
Old 10th July 2017, 09:18   #1628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Should there be an action from my end?
After more than 2 weeks the status remains unchanged, leaving me little worried.
Old 10th July 2017, 10:07   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
After more than 2 weeks the status remains unchanged, leaving me little worried.
No need to worry! I received my product last week after the item was held with customs for 10 days. And I was charged Rs, 960 as duty after estimating the product as Rs. 2250. So, you may have to get ready for similar payment.
batman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 14:27   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
No need to worry! I received my product last week after the item was held with customs for 10 days. And I was charged Rs, 960 as duty after estimating the product as Rs. 2250. So, you may have to get ready for similar payment.
I received the product last week well within 20 days without paying any duty. Which seller did you buy the product from ? And was there any custom declaration form stating a lower value in your package ?
Old 10th July 2017, 14:39   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Have order Anker Roav camera from Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Dashboard-Rec.../dp/B06XNSDRW8

Anybody else who has tried these ones? I bought them at an offer price of $68.
Old 10th July 2017, 15:19   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
I received the product last week well within 20 days without paying any duty. Which seller did you buy the product from ? And was there any custom declaration form stating a lower value in your package ?
The cost I paid for the product was $29.27 after applying $2 coupon. So, it almost matches the estimated value of the item. I think it caught the customs eyes due to it's larger size of the packaging; The box is about double the size, than what is required. When I informed the seller about this, he was saying, some customers may create issues, when the packaging was different.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...809626345.html
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_2656.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_2657.jpg  

Old 11th July 2017, 12:24   #1633
BHPian

Which is the best camera with motion sensing and good night visibility.i want one which can stay on when car is parked or atleast detect motion and record if someone tries to vandalize the car.
Old 11th July 2017, 14:07   #1634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
Got it delivered today
No duty charged as the seller declared it as a gift and with a lower price

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 11th July 2017 at 14:09.
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 21:49   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraholic View Post
Which is the best camera with motion sensing and good night visibility.i want one which can stay on when car is parked or atleast detect motion and record if someone tries to vandalize the car.
If parking mode is a priority, check out the F770 (dual channel) from Thinkware. Low bitrate is the only con with this model. The F800's release also seems around the corner.

Non-buffered motion-detect is useless as there will be no footage recorded until an event is triggered due to motion or shock (g-sensor). Basically the event is waking the camera up to start recording after its already happened.

IIRC with the F770 you'll have 8 seconds of video also leading up to the event as those many seconds are continuously being saved on a cyclic basis to its internal memory.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks