Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2017, 16:01   #1726
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Do all wifi enabled dash cams transfer images without needing a mobile data enabled on the phone ?
I use a Transcend DP 520 and it creates its own WiFi network to which the phone connects. Then the app does all the nonsense. I cannot comment on all manufacturers and models, but I am assuming manufacturers would be doing it across. Because expecting a car to be in the WiFi range of a router is ridiculous.

I use an iPhone so transferring files is sort of an alien concept to me.

I have to tell you, parking the car in direct sunlight is just criminal on the device itself, forget the battery. I never park my car in the sun, even if it means paying for the parking and walking a little or changing the choice of restaurant/shop altogether. The only times I have parked it in the sun, I see that the screen flickers when you turn it back on. So battery or otherwise, please avoid gadgets that can heat up in the car, if you have the tendency to park it in harsh sunlight for continued periods of time.
rocksterraghu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 23:39   #1727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
So the batteries on mine and few other friend's mini 0805 have died. Camera turns off immediately and date/time does not get stored.
Another day, another mini. It was my mini's turn.

The innards looked a bit different from the other mini I removed. My mini is older than the other ones. First thing to stand out is a 450mAH battery!?

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-01.jpg

No double sided tape, looks like some grey paper instead?

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-02.jpg

Comparison of mini batteries

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-03.jpg

My mini wouldn't close completely, I guess one of the latches on the edges broke. Sigh...

Despite the broken latch, I managed to assemble it back and it works fine. Just that there's a sliight gap between the halves

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-04.jpg

My pile of minis

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-05.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 19:55   #1728
Senior - BHPian

Had bought the Rexing V1LG dual channel dash cam and over the past week installed it. Got a chance to get it to use over this weekend.

Sharing the videos here (which is shared in my car ownership thread as well ) . Have put up the pros and cons there.

Front cam - morning :

Rear cam - morning

Front cam - night

Rear cam - night

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 1st October 2017 at 19:56.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 01:20   #1729
Senior - BHPian

How do you guys trim and join videos to make a compilation for youtube? I am just drawing a blank with video editing software, either it is too complex, or it is too simple.
Old 3rd October 2017, 03:05   #1730
Senior - BHPian

I was finally able to get trim and merge the video. Even though the dashcam outputs at 4k, I had to restrict to 720p as the editing software did not let me output beyond that.

Here is the video of two scary youths who did a weird manoeuvre on the road on a bike and I had to apply the brakes very hard.

Old 3rd October 2017, 08:55   #1731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I was finally able to get trim and merge the video. Even though the dashcam outputs at 4k, I had to restrict to 720p as the editing software did not let me output beyond that.

Here is the video of two scary youths who did a weird manoeuvre on the road on a bike and I had to apply the brakes very hard.

You should have been driving a KSRTC. Those jokers

Last edited by benbsb29 : 3rd October 2017 at 11:24. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 3rd October 2017, 10:11   #1732
BHPian

Quote:

These guys are everywhere on the road these days, such a menace
Lucky for those guys that you managed to stop on time. And they immediately dashed through the wrong side of the road to hit a pocket road
Old 3rd October 2017, 13:51   #1733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wow. My heart missed a couple of beats at point 0:35. Good job to brake in time. What morons. They don't deserve to be on the road..
Old 3rd October 2017, 16:56   #1734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Lucky those bikers! One reason I steer way clear of anything remotely orange

P.S : To be frank even you were overtaking wrongly in the first part of the video. Especially at 0.13-0.16s you were overtaking even when it was a solid white line.
Old 3rd October 2017, 18:34   #1735
Senior - BHPian

Watched the video and couldn't identify what you were talking about. Is it the guy on the bullet overtaking from the left of the Bike which took a U turn and went on the wrong side? Such incidents are common in Bangalore at least where even Autos and nowadays even Ubers taking a sudden U turn. Even on a bridge. I don't see how such a video would protect us if you had missed braking and caused damage.
Old 3rd October 2017, 22:46   #1736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Lucky those bikers! One reason I steer way clear of anything remotely orange

P.S : To be frank even you were overtaking wrongly in the first part of the video. Especially at 0.13-0.16s you were overtaking even when it was a solid white line.
That is true indeed. Noted. Boy, I have to be careful when posting videos online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Watched the video and couldn't identify what you were talking about. Is it the guy on the bullet overtaking from the left of the Bike which took a U turn and went on the wrong side? Such incidents are common in Bangalore at least where even Autos and nowadays even Ubers taking a sudden U turn. Even on a bridge. I don't see how such a video would protect us if you had missed braking and caused damage.
It is the second bike that took the caught me off guard. Since the orange bike, crossed over the center line, I was assuming that he would go straight, instead, he braked and went back over to the original side that he started from, which was very unexpected. I am not sure why he did that, he could have just ridden on the wrong side of the road from very beginning, instead of crossing over, considering he did end up doing that eventually.
Old 6th October 2017, 14:34   #1737
BHPian

I had to face a weird incident some days back...I had parked the car at the nayandahalli metro station in the morning on the way to office and when I was back in the night, the remote lock wouldn't work. I used the keys to get in, but the car wouldn't start and thought battery may have gone dead.

Wanted to explore jump start route (had the cables in trunk) but since it was night hardly anybody was around and it was drizzling!

Called Maruti helpline and the folks were there in no time (there is a maruti showroom diagonally opposite to metro station). While one of the technician was talking to me on what happened, the other tech opened the bonnet and connected his portable charger and got the engine to start.

We noticed that blinker switch was ON. It was only then I realised that the dash cam had fallen off the suction from the windscreen onto the hazard switch forcing it to go ON and draining the battery!!

Double check your suction mounts of dash cams/mobile holders especially if its in directly above the switches/buttons...So I have now used cable tags to tie them up around the mirror.

Car: Swift
pranxter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 16:01   #1738
Senior - BHPian

My uniden dash cam started giving poor video clarity and hence I used my lenovo k3 note with dashcam apps for a year. Thought I'd try out any budget dash cams. I saw a Procus Convoy dash cam on amazon. Procus also sold Rush, an action cam and that had very good reviews. I couldnt find the Convoy on their website and emailed them and they confirmed that this is a new product and hence not on their website.
I made a spontaneous decision to buy it and ended up returning it within 24 hours. It felt very plasticky. A quick search on AliExpress showed that this was a cheap 14$ camera that was just rebadged. The description on Amazon states Procus is a start up, and I thought this was an original product.
The cheap AliExpress cams are notorious for lasting only a few months and I didnt want to take that risk.
Here are the links -
Amazon: https://www.amazon.in/PROCUS-Recorde...dp/B0759M3479/
AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...819665654.html

Have ordered the Blaupunkt BP2.0 whoch was marked down to 2399 last week plus an extra 15% cashback. Initial impressions are that it is more sturdy. I think the image quality of all these cams will be the same - its just how long they last that matters.
Old 9th October 2017, 16:24   #1739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Even though the dashcam outputs at 4k, I had to restrict to 720p as the editing software did not let me output beyond that.....video of two scary youths who did a weird manoeuvre on the road on a bike and I had to apply the brakes very hard...
Curious to know which dashcam is used, I want to pick up a 4K dashcam, but light and compact. Those bikers are common on Bangalore roads. I see guys doing wheelies and falling flat right infront of our car, bikers riding slow side by side talking about their 'robbery attempts' previous night, rider with his wife, 3 kids and a huge dog (all comfortably seated on a 20 inch seat) trying to compete with a 190 bhp engine on the fast lane... you name it, its a crazy world infront of you ! We still manage to survive and live a 100 years
Old 13th October 2017, 22:09   #1740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Curious to know which dashcam is used, I want to pick up a 4K dashcam, but light and compact.
Hello,

This is a generic 4k action camera. I picked it up from mbk center in thailand for about something less than 3000 rs. It is called a 4k ultra hd action camera. When you start this up, it gives you an XDV sports logo on it. I think I saw something on amazon at a slightly higher price. There are tons of accessories that came with the box. Here are the pics from the box :

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20171013_215127-1.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20171013_215120-1.jpg
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks