Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2017, 14:29   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Be careful with the CPL filter. Tends to fall off with the slightest touch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Got a tip to use adhesive tape to prevent falling
Viofo A119 V2 has got some improvements. CPL filter is holding well as it has slots to hold the CPL filter. Also, GPS connectors are better. In addition, I can see GPS coordinates and vehicle speed with VLC and Windows Media Player. When I ordered, I thought, I would require Dashcam Viewer to see GPS related information
Old 31st July 2017, 18:38   #1652
Senior - BHPian

I ended up purchasing Rexing V1LG Dual channel Dash cam from amazon. It comes up two full hd cameras , built in gps logger, loop recording, collision detection and night mode.

Although it was higher than my budget, I thought of going for this based on the recommendation from a friend of mine who is using it. And also he had some 30$ coupon which he graciously asked me to utilize. So total cost for me was 139$ (169$ - 30$). Purchased a hard wire kit directly from the rexing usa site as the one available on amazon is not the right one it seems.

Now waiting for it to arrive with another friend of mine who is coming at the end of August. I am not great at DIY. So anyone can recommend a good person who can install this in my car at bangalore?

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 31st July 2017 at 18:39.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 12:40   #1653
BHPian

Folks,

Need some advice if any of the Endeavour owners are there on the thread.

Which is the best spot for the Dashcam? The center part where Rear View Mirror is there has the black reinforcement on the glass so it is not a clear glass. Any other location will be too way off the center. And finally, the center positioning means it has to be below RVM.

Any guidance? Thanks in advance.
Old 1st August 2017, 12:57   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Folks,

Which is the best spot for the Dashcam? The center part where Rear View Mirror is there has the black reinforcement on the glass so it is not a clear glass. Any other location will be too way off the center. And finally, the center positioning means it has to be below RVM.

You could mount it to the left or right of the IRVM assembly. Wide angle lenses on most dash cams are forgiving enough to get a centred view without actually mounting it dead centre.

The camera's mount can be pasted on the dotted frit, suction cup mounts won't work on the frit.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 13:21   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I am not great at DIY. So anyone can recommend a good person who can install this in my car at bangalore?
I have done the dash cam installation from a nearby shop(Auto Zone) in Kasturi Nagar for 200 bucks. Was not able to hard-wire due to lack of compatible fuse. If you have fuse and kit available, these guys can do the panel removal and wiring stuff.

They will also check for compatible fuse(always ON or only engine ON). But make sure to have the dash cam installation thread handy and guide them through.

Here is the location from Google Maps.

https://goo.gl/maps/jMzvYFvmdzG2

Lastly, don't forget to inform me if you are coming to this side. Would like to meet up a fellow BHPian in my vicinity.
Suryendu87 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:19   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Folks,

Check THIS thread
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:58   #1657
BHPian

VIOFO has released V3.1 firmware for its A119 model dashcams.

Change log:
  • 1. Added: Parking mode feature
  • 2. Added: Lock the previous file while the button pressed in the begin of 15s of current file
  • 3. Improved: Change the sound for taking screen shot while press the menu button
  • 4. Improved: One click to stop recording, mute/unmute while in screen save mode
  • 5. Improved: No embed GPS info in movie while GPS feature disabled.
  • 6. Fixed: Screen on issue while detected on detection in screen save mode
Link
Makin Rulesz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 13:38   #1658
BHPian

Team
I have a few Qantas miles expiring this month and I wanted to buy a dashcam with them. As of now I have these options. Most of them are within my mile limit and some of them have additional 30-40AUD extra. A friend will ship them to me. Can someone suggest which one I should go for?
Options:
1- NAVMAN MiVue680
2- NAVMAN MiVue660
3- NAVMAN MiVue630
4- Garmin dash cam 45
5- Garmin dash cam 55

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 4th August 2017, 17:18   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
Team
I have a few Qantas miles expiring this month and I wanted to buy a dashcam with them. As of now I have these options. Most of them are within my mile limit and some of them have additional 30-40AUD extra. A friend will ship them to me. Can someone suggest which one I should go for?
Options:
1- NAVMAN MiVue680
2- NAVMAN MiVue660
3- NAVMAN MiVue630
4- Garmin dash cam 45
5- Garmin dash cam 55

Any help will be appreciated.
I'd pick the Garmin 55.

All the above mentioned models are battery powered, ideally you'd want to look for something with a super-capacitor.
Old 5th August 2017, 05:39   #1660
BHPian

Concur with harsh79- you may wish to go for the Garmin 55. I've a 45 and the difference is voice-activated features on the 55 and slightly higher resolution, I guess.
Old 5th August 2017, 11:43   #1661
BHPian

Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap Dash-Cam (around 3kish) which can be bought locally or on amazon.in? I have seen a few ultra-cheap ones on amazon but the reviews are terrible!
pathik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 15:47   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap Dash-Cam (around 3kish) which can be bought locally or on amazon.in?!
Try the blaupunkt one on amazon. I have purchased and installed it this Jan 2017 and haven't had issues so far. Clarity at day and night is pretty good even though I have kept it on minimum resolution. Worth 3.3 k but wait for offers if you want to- the festive season is near.

Blaupunkt BP2.0 Black Surveillance camera For Car https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00QS0U1Z0/..._0QzHzbVJ8VZFG
Shashankjk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 10:41   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap Dash-Cam (around 3kish) which can be bought locally or on amazon.in? I have seen a few ultra-cheap ones on amazon but the reviews are terrible!
If you're comfortable with Aliexpress, try this one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TCOL...587756147.html

I sourced one and the video quality is pretty decent, day and night. Installation was done as a DIY over the past weekend and everything's working well.

The only issue I faced is regarding the FM radio reception post installation. I think there is interference from the video out / WiFi module on the dashcam which is causing occasional noise on FM. Otherwise perfect!
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 11:01   #1664
BHPian

With so many A119s making in roads within our community, I guess it would be wise to share my not so good experience(s) with this model.

Well, I had bought this model in December 2016 along with good friend and bhpian Revved_up (Jaspreet). I would also mention the problems faced by Jaspreet and hence the extra 's' in the word Experience.

So our dash cams were fitted in my Jetta and Jaspreet's Verna in December 2016. Mine has been going good without any trouble till around 2 weeks back. Jaspreet however was not so lucky as he was constantly facing screen flicker and frequent restart issues intermittently right after around a month into the install. His issues were sorted by some firmware updates and power cable changes from GPS to main port and VIOFO support assisted him all through. His cam is working fine as of now since past few months post its fitment in his Duster AWD.

My cam though working like a charm all throughout, suddenly got stuck on the boot screen around 2 weeks ago. I was so used to it that I hardly checked on it if its working or not. The videos on the card showed that I noticed it after 2 days of it conking off. I had never even updated the firmware thinking why to fix something that is not broken.

I immediately logged a complaint on the support.viofo.com and also searched their forum for similar issues faced by other customers. To my horror, there were quite a few others who were facing similar issues.

I was asked to perform various steps like updating firmware (tried V1.1, 1.7 and 3.1), formatting the card using some software they provided, using a 16 GB card instead of 32 GB I was using and resetting it etc. However the cam did not budge and is still in the same state. It powers on with both Power and Rec lights on, shows the Viofo logo, plays the boot sound, the power light goes off and stays on the logo with the Rec light on.

Now I am being told to send the cam with GPS module to their China office and upon checking, they will replace/repair it. I am yet to get their word on the logistics cost.

All in all, though this cam is the best package overall in terms of size, form factor, video quality etc. but reliability is still a far cry and going for it still feels like a 100$ gamble.

Hope this helps in making a decision.

Last edited by vinayrathore : 8th August 2017 at 11:05. Reason: Typo
vinayrathore is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 12:00   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Jaspreet however was not so lucky as he was constantly facing screen flicker and frequent restart issues intermittently right after around a month into the install. His issues were sorted by some firmware updates and power cable changes from GPS to main port and VIOFO support assisted him all through. His cam is working fine as of now since past few months post its fitment in his Duster AWD.
Are you connecting through the 12V socket (cigarette lighter) or hardwired? I faced similar issue (flickering and restart) and for me it appears that it is because of the incorrect power supply.

I bought A119s a month back. I was using it by connecting to the cigarette lighter adopter came along with the Cam (and it was working fine). However, the adopter broke in two weeks. Then i started connecting with some very old adopter i had in my car (which i was using to charge my mobile) and the problem of screen flickering and cam restart started. Then i ordered a new adopter through amazon ((link below) after checking the power requirement of Cam and now it is working without any issue.

http://www.amazon.in/Mivi-Charge-Cha...ilpage_o02_s00

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks