Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2017, 09:04   #1771
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
My B40/A118 had been serving me very well, I am on a lookout for a dual channel dashcam for quite sometime now. The Street Guardian SG9663DC turned out to be very expensive.
Not sure if you were already aware, but the A118 does support dual channel recording. You just have to add a rear camera which is available on Aliexpress or Gearbest. Only downside is you have to either choose between using a GPS or a Rear camera.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 10:09   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Not sure if you were already aware, but the A118 does support dual channel recording. You just have to add a rear camera which is available on Aliexpress or Gearbest. Only downside is you have to either choose between using a GPS or a Rear camera.
That's news for me, honestly I wasn't aware, thanks. Can I add a rear camera for A119 too? Please point me to any info if you have.
Old 29th October 2017, 11:09   #1773
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
That's news for me, honestly I wasn't aware, thanks. Can I add a rear camera for A119 too? Please point me to any info if you have.
When I purchased the A118C I had seen the option to add a rear camera. One of my colleagues has this setup in his S-Cross. While I opted to use the GPS, he brought the rear cam. Let me check with him, which might take time since he is out of country. From what I know, it is capable of recording VGA quality video on the rear channel. But if I am not wrong, the chipset is capable of 1080p for front and 720p for rear. Since the model is outdated now, I am not finding the link to the rear camera accessory. But I can assure you that it runs. The A119 cant handle the same unless it has an AV IN port on it.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 12:43   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Possible to share info on how to enable dual channel recording in A118 / A118c? tried to search online, but could not get any useful information
Old 29th October 2017, 16:02   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
When I purchased the A118C I had seen the option to add a rear camera. One of my colleagues has this setup in his S-Cross. While I opted to use the GPS, he brought the rear cam. Let me check with him, which might take time since he is out of country. From what I know, it is capable of recording VGA quality video on the rear channel. But if I am not wrong, the chipset is capable of 1080p for front and 720p for rear. Since the model is outdated now, I am not finding the link to the rear camera accessory. But I can assure you that it runs. The A119 cant handle the same unless it has an AV IN port on it.
What he has is probably a clone of the B40D - https://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_391603.html

A118/A118C by VIOFO has never had this option.

B40D's rear cam does only 480p.
Old 29th October 2017, 18:41   #1776
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
What he has is probably a clone of the B40D - https://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_391603.html

A118/A118C by VIOFO has never had this option.

B40D's rear cam does only 480p.
I was the one who gave him the link to purchase the A118C which he did after seeing it in my car. He had also stated in social media posts that it was a Viofo A118 itself. And if I had suggested that to him, I would not have guessed that the rear camera feature would work on the A118. So if at all there has been a last minute swap when he purchased, I am not sure about that. I will check with him and confirm. But when I installed the dashcam, I brought the GPS later. While doing that, I did have an option of buying a rear camera in place of the GPS and I chose the latter.
Old 30th October 2017, 20:10   #1777
BHPian

Excellent thread. And truly enlightening.

I am confused between the Blaupunkt BP2.0 and the A119 V2 2.0 [standard]. What differentiates these two products in terms of recording output and functionality -- just standard to record while driving. Not too much worried about parking / breach recording. Which is a better option. Shipping time is not an issues, since Chinese stuff will take longer.
Old 31st October 2017, 00:58   #1778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
I am confused between the Blaupunkt BP2.0 and the A119 V2 2.0 [standard]. What differentiates these two products in terms of recording output and functionality -- just standard to record while driving. Not too much worried about parking / breach recording. Which is a better option. Shipping time is not an issues, since Chinese stuff will take longer.
There is a huge difference and improvement in quality from the BP 20 to the A119. I have not used the A119 specifically, I moved from a BP to a mini 0805 and that itself was a major bump in quality especially in the night. Number plates are lot more legible ultimately making itself useful. A119 should be even better in this respect since its better than my mini.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 17:19   #1779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Excellent thread. And truly enlightening.

The blaupunkt is very basic. The image quality is average. I bought it for 2000 Rs. On Amazon, but returned it as the video was jerky even in daytime.
The A119 has much better reviews and seems more popular. Video quality is said to be excellent for the cost.
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 09:53   #1780
BHPian

Have shortlisted Viofo A119 V2 after going through its reviews. Awaiting for 11.11 sale @ Aliexpress.

How much can we expect as a import duty.
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:02   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Have shortlisted Viofo A119 V2 after going through its reviews. Awaiting for 11.11 sale @ Aliexpress.

How much can we expect as a import duty.
Zapals is also coming up with great sale, have a look there as well. Customs depend on what the seller values it at. Anything above $20 USD attracts flat 42% duty.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:06   #1782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even I am waiting for that sale. Couple of queries:
1) This dashcam does not support wifi communication. Is this a deal breaker?
2) Are you planning to buy the original Viofo hardwire kit and the CPL filter?
3) Are you planning for 128GB card or less?

This is the link of Aliexpress about the product which has the feedback from India buyers, I hope you are referring to the same one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...701811121.html
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:13   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Why is a wifi connection required? We can transfer the clips directly from the SD card, isn't it? Please enlighten the usage of a wifi here.

Quote:
No just the GPS and CPL.

Quote:
Planning to get a SD card separately from Amazon. Capacity is not yet decided.

Quote:
This is the link of Aliexpress about the product which has the feedback from India buyers, I hope you are referring to the same one.
Yes it is the same. There was one other listing in which reviews from Indians were very less and hence moved this to my wishlist.
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:36   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Even I am waiting for that sale. Couple of queries:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...701811121.html
I was planning to buy it. But the thought the wires will be sticking outside is putting me off. Any pics of the setup from anyone? Can it be installed DIY?
Old 2nd November 2017, 13:11   #1785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please enlighten the usage of a wifi here.
With wifi, you can:
1) View the dashcam footage on the mobile instead of removing the sd card. Will benefit in case if you immediately want to view the footage or show it to cops.
2) Change dashcam setting using app on mobile
3) Minimise the chance of Sd card misplacement
4) No need of laptop to view the footage
5) In some dashcams which allow continous streaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
But the thought the wires will be sticking outside is putting me off. Any pics of the setup from anyone? Can it be installed DIY?
Why will the wires stick out if you enclose it inside the panels. Most dashcam sellers do provide the most appropriate path for installing the dashcam without the wires being visible. Only the section of wires on the dashcam will be visible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks