Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2020, 15:14   #3271
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Bought a Campark Dual Dash Cam last month off Amazon for Rs. 3714.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07VD47GX8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have been using the second rear camera as a jerry-rigged front parking camera. Installed it under the grill on my new Creta 2020. The video-line in, which also powers the camera, is routed under the bonnet and through the glovebox.
I have also installed the same Dual Dashcam on my motorcycle and have exactly the same observations. Good device for the price paid in my opinion.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 15:41   #3272
Senior - BHPian

Do you have pics of the motorcycle install? Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I have also installed the same Dual Dashcam on my motorcycle and have exactly the same observations. Good device for the price paid in my opinion.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 21:19   #3273
BHPian

Has anyone noticed with '70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro' the iPhone app works only if location access is enabled for the app? recently I had disabled the location access for the 70mai app after which the app started acting weird wherein even if the mobile was connected to the camera wifi the app would keep saying the wifi not connected but after enabling location access the app started working properly. I don't understand why location access is needed for the app? even though my dashcam unit is fitted with a GPS module the app still needs phone location. Is the company tracking the user location?
praruaaa4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 10:42   #3274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Do you have pics of the motorcycle install? Thanks in advance
Here you go and apologies for the delay. Far from ideal, but does the job. Front and back continuous loop recording. Next step is to get hold of a rubber diaphragm and improve the water proofing. Right now light drizzles don't affect it though, because the location remains more or less dry.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20201127_095358.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20201127_095405.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20201127_095417.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20201127_095448.jpg  

roy_libran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 14:41   #3275

Hi,

I have bought 70mai smart dash cam pro on my Ecosport. The installation was easy. However, I am not able to force stop the sound recording. Tried doing it multiple times through the prescribed app, but once the phone is disconnected, the sound recording switches on.

Please let me know if there is some other way of doing it or am I missing something?

thanks in advance
Old 1st December 2020, 14:43   #3276
BHPian

Got a 70mai A800 dual dash cam with hard wiring kit. The whole set cost me 14k INR (had to source the wiring kit from a 2nd seller, got the dual cams from another seller)
Have heard good reviews about this. Will get it installed and post reviews here.

What SD cards are people generally using with dash cams? Looking for good recommendations for something that will last.
Old 1st December 2020, 15:26   #3277
Senior - BHPian

TRY WD purple. This is surveillance grade, which I'm using for a year
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
What SD cards are people generally using with dash cams? Looking for good recommendations for something that will last.
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 18:36   #3278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a 70mai A800 dual dash cam with hard wiring kit. The whole set cost me 14k INR (had to source the wiring kit from a 2nd seller, got the dual cams from another seller)
Have heard good reviews about this. Will get it installed and post reviews here.

Good Dashcam.

It supports maximum 128 GB and Mai recommends a Samsung Evo Class 10 SD Card which, according to them could hold up to 10-12 Hours of front+rear recording.

32 GB SD card seems low and may get full quickly while recording from two cameras. Suggest at least go for 64 GB.
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 19:17   #3279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am using a Samsung EVO Plus Grade 3, Class 10 64GB card for more than 3 years. I have not faced any issues. However, please note that warranty not valid for using it with dashcam or other write-intensive devices.
Quote:
Limited 10 year warranty; Warranty not valid when used in dashcam, CCTV, surveillance camera and other write-intensive devices; Warranty for SD adapter is limited to 1 year
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:39   #3280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praruaaa4 View Post
Has anyone noticed with '70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro' the iPhone app works only if location access is enabled for the app? recently I had disabled the location access for the 70mai app after which the app started acting weird wherein even if the mobile was connected to the camera wifi the app would keep saying the wifi not connected but after enabling location access the app started working properly. I don't understand why location access is needed for the app? even though my dashcam unit is fitted with a GPS module the app still needs phone location. Is the company tracking the user location?
Yes, I had mentioned it on page 191. And mine is the model without the GPS.
Not sure why it needs location access enabled for it work.
Old 4th December 2020, 19:29   #3281

Quote:
Got a 70mai A800 dual dash cam with hard wiring kit
Do post the review once you start using it. I am considering this as an option but not sure if I should spend that much.
Old 5th December 2020, 17:36   #3282
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a DDPAI mini2 dashcam in our Alto. Recently the app on my phone updated to the latest version (6.0.0). After this I'm not able to connect to the camera to download the recordings.
It shows the device it asks for the password (default 1234567890) and when i say connect, nothing happens.

Another friend also facing the same issue. Anyone else with DDPAI dashcams facing this issue and any solutions known? removing the card and taking out is very cumbersome for not so important recordings!
Old 6th December 2020, 09:36   #3283

Hi,

I have a 70mai 1s dashcam, without the inbuilt battery. I am looking to buy a good Lithium Ion Phosphate battery for parking mode. Any suggestions?

Note: The regular Lithium Ion or Lithium Polymer are not recommended for dash cams.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th December 2020 at 19:20. Reason: Typo
Old 8th December 2020, 08:51   #3284
BHPian

I was planning to install a dashcam in my car, and one feature that is mandatory to me is parking monitoring. From what I can see, most cheaper dashcams such as 70mai do not have a built in battery for this purpose. They are to be hard wired to the car electronics in order to be powered when the car is off.

Can someone who has done this please confirm with how this might affect the car battery life in the long term, or how long we can leave it without it draining the battery enough to not be able to start the car.

To avoid hardwiring, a good model I found was the Transcend Drive Pro 230, which comes with a built in battery. This costs nearly thrice as much as the 70mai models, not sure if the quality justifies it, present owners please let me know.

A built in battery is going to be okay in places such as a basement where the car will be cool. But if the car is to be left outside in blazing hot areas with direct sunlight (where even holding the steering becomes impossible), isn't the dashcam with a battery put on the windshield with no sunlight protection whatsoever + the heating cabin, going to be a safety risk in some way?
Old 8th December 2020, 09:32   #3285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Another friend also facing the same issue. Anyone else with DDPAI dashcams facing this issue and any solutions known?
Same here. I have given up. What I am yet to explore is installing earlier version via APK route. Let me try that today, else will have to get a new one.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks