Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2021, 22:40   #3331
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Hi all,

Had an incident today, was moving at very slow speed after dropping my wife and daughter and two drunk guys just came from nowhere and wanted to move towards right from extreme left side. Had my camera as proof.

Luckily the crowd was supportive, the traffic police asked me to get them nursed and leave. Took them to nearby hospital and left for home. Costed me 3k. Feeling sad.

smileline is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 09:41   #3332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
Hi all,

Had an incident today

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=e7uL_MpPCEA
Was it one way traffic in your direction? Even if not, you are at fault of stopping on right side (as seen from clip) and then gradually moving towards left at 3 way crossing without indicator (no indicator blink light or sound, but I may be wrong)

It’s a different matter that bike tried to cut across you, he is also wrong but can argue that you should be moving left or be in your imaginary lane.

I am pointing this for everyone’s benefit as for car-bike accident, you are liable to interpretation in most unfavourable way for car driver.
Wanderers is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 12:22   #3333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Oh, I just take out the microSD card and read it from my PC's reader. ....
Now I have taken the memory card and inserted into the PC. I find the video quality is good. So it is the 70mai phone app that is wonky. Video is fine. Thanks for the tip.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 20:51   #3334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Was it one way traffic in your direction? Even if not, you are at fault of stopping on right side (as seen from clip) and then gradually moving towards left at 3 way crossing without indicator (no indicator blink light or sound, but I may be wrong)

It’s a different matter that bike tried to cut across you, he is also wrong but can argue that you should be moving left or be in your imaginary lane.

I am pointing this for everyone’s benefit as for car-bike accident, you are liable to interpretation in most unfavourable way for car driver.
1. Yes the road is a oneway, and the access to the said road is from both from the left and the right side, as you can see in the video I entered the one way from the right side and was suppose to move straight.

2. My dad was manually signalling the on coming traffic.

3. Yes I agree regarding the indicator

true that always the larger vehicle is at fault.
smileline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 01:45   #3335
BHPian

Having narrowed down on DDPAI N3, am now searching for a good professional who can hardwire it to a fuse with continuous power supply for recording in parking mode.
Any leads for this in Bangalore would really be helpful!
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 21:47   #3336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpit90 View Post
Are there any dashcams which don't require hard wiring for recording while in parked mode?
Using a big powerbank is also an option but read some where that at maximum it last for 2 days.
Old 4th January 2021, 23:12   #3337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Using a big powerbank is also an option...
I'd be nervous about leaving power banks in the car.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 23:35   #3338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Using a big powerbank is also an option but read some where that at maximum it last for 2 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'd be nervous about leaving power banks in the car.
There are various types of specialized dashcam backup battery packs sold here, 2 of which were in my Fortuner when it was flooded and I'm not sure of their condition now after drying them out...have to check!:

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/collections/battery-packs

They (the older Celllink ones (not Neo)) worked very well for me...
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 16:42   #3339
BHPian

Hi All,

Need help in deciding the dashcam model I should buy.

I managed to zero in on 70mai. When I looked out options to buy,

In Amazon, they have 2 variants,

a) 70mai cam pro (6499/-)
b) 70mai cam pro plus (7499/-)

I had a chat with 70mai.in (Vijay Sales website), they asked me to go for 70mai cam pro as pro is better than pro plus. I couldn't exactly get the logic around.

I checked for the videos on youtube comparing pro and pro plus. In all those video pro plus video quality was better than pro.

Also, as we know A800 as well got released but its at the moment out of stock.

So the questions that I need your help are,

1. Should I wait for A800 to be available (though its available in www.nexdigitron.com I am not sure about their reviews. At the moment its sold for 12K. When I asked 70mai.in guys, they told they arent sure when the A800 will be back in stock might take more than a month time but he didn't give anything concrete on the availability)

2. If I should let go A800 and choose between 70mai pro and pro plus which one should I go for?

Thanks in advance!

Side Note: nexdigitron are the guys registered as eHub in amazon as a seller. They claim to be the authorized resellers for 70mai and DDPAI in India. Has anyone purchased directly from them?

Last edited by hardilip : 5th January 2021 at 16:49. Reason: Added side note
hardilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 00:33   #3340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Hi All,

Need help in deciding the dashcam model I should buy.
If you are looking for 4k Dashcam then A800 is the only option. It supports rear camera also.

I have bought the 70mai Pro Plus A500 from eHub (Nexdigtiron) – Amazon, a few months back and after the discount it was about Rs. 6800/- then.

But I also bought Hardwire kit directly from their site (though I am yet to install it in my car). No issues in their delivery.

Also, I have registered the product A500 in their website only for the warranty. Understand they are not only authorized dealer for 70mai and DDPAI and but do service also.

Earlier I have also bought 70mai Pro from Vijay Sales website. I had no issues in their delivery also.

On comparison between 70mai Pro and Pro Plus (A500):
  • A500 is the latest model from 70mai

• Video clarity seems to be better in A500 – even though A500 uses 2 Glass lens and 4 plastic lenses as layers. Whereas 70mai Pro uses 6 glass layers.

• A500 has inbuilt GPS unit which to me is a great advantage. Though I bought 70mai Pro with GPS module – after a month or so I started facing the issue of GPS module becoming loose and not functioning. A similar issue was reported by the other Team BHP member in this thread earlier.

• Next advantage of A500 is that the dash cam writes the GPS coordinates, speed, etc. details on the video itself and it can be viewed directly in the downloaded videos - either on mobile or PC. Whereas for 70mai Pro you need a program to extract the data and use it as a separate srt file to view it as subtitles.

• A500 video aspect is 4:3 whereas 70mai Pro video aspect is 16:9. Not sure of any disadvantage, because you can always view your videos by setting video aspect as 16:9 in VLC or other players in your PC.

• 70mai Pro has voice command (limited to 4-5 commands) in English version only. There is no such feature in A500.

• A500 supports HDR video recording which enhances picture quality.

Hope the above points help you to take a decision
AshBabu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 08:53   #3341
BHPian

Did anyone purchase a dashcam that records at 60fps?
I couldn't find any under 10k.
Old 6th January 2021, 13:14   #3342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
If you are looking for 4k Dashcam then A800 is the only option. It supports rear camera also.

Thanks a ton for the detailed explanation. I was much biased towards the A500 but the person from Vijay Sales kind of confused me. His words are, pro plus is just minus. Nothing you get out of it. After reading your points when I went back to their website, I understand that they don't have stock of pro plus and they have only pro. Not sure if that's the reason why he spoke to me in that sense.

In Nexdigitron,
Pro Plus is 7K
A800 (front only) 12K.
A800 compatible rear (out of stock at the moment) sold at 2499/-
A800 front and rear (out of stock at the moment) combinedly sold at 15k

Considering the 4K and the option of having a rear dash cam I am thinking of A800 front only for now and add rear later.

Thanks once again for your inputs.

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th January 2021 at 13:21. Reason: For better reading experience (especially from smartphones) please do not quote the whole post. Thank you!
Old 7th January 2021, 10:15   #3343
BHPian

Quote:
[*]A500 has inbuilt GPS unit which to me is a great advantage. Though I bought 70mai Pro with GPS module – after a month or so I started facing the issue of GPS module becoming loose and not functioning. A similar issue was reported by the other Team BHP member in this thread earlier.
Is there a solution to this problem? I am also facing same and it essentially makes the GPS module completely useless.
Old 7th January 2021, 10:20   #3344
BANNED

Quote:
Though I bought 70mai Pro with GPS module – after a month or so I started facing the issue of the GPS module becoming loose and not functioning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Is there a solution to this problem? I am also facing the same and it essentially makes the GPS module completely useless.
From which part of the mount is it becoming loose? Any pictures?
Old 7th January 2021, 19:17   #3345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
70mai LITE/PRO dashcams come with a small built-in battery. They have a G-Sensor and the camera begins recording the moment it senses a bump to the car. The sensitivity is good and the on-demand parking surveillance recording works good. I have it in both my cars. (I have since disabled the feature since my cars are covered up round the clock when parked. But it works.)
Hi Reinhard - Does A500 have a backup battery? Dont know why, but cannot locate the size and other details on the website.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks