Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 23:42   #3376
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I didn't do any tweaking. I tried a 64GB card and it worked. I have 2 cards which I swap around and both have been working well.
Does this hold good for 'Black Box G1W-H'? Seems, I have this 'H' model and have been using 32GB all along.
Old 16th February 2021, 23:55   #3377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Since I have curtain airbags in my car, have planned to route the wiring for the rear camera through the floor rather than the roof. For the front camera where the wires will go through the A-pillar, will route it along with the OEM wiring harness.
I also had this query, for cars with side/curtain airbags how is the wiring done. Can you please share how you managed to wire it up without voiding the warranty. Thank you in advance.
Old 17th February 2021, 06:54   #3378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Does this hold good for 'Black Box G1W-H'? Seems, I have this 'H' model and have been using 32GB all along.
My suggestion would be that you give it a try if you have one that you could test with. I think it should work. The only difference that I have seen between the two is the hidden (all black) lens rim and a capacitor instead of a battery.
Old 25th February 2021, 20:05   #3379
BANNED

Thanks to dash-cam, this guy was saved from a traffic challan. Dash-cams are proving to be quite useful and indispensable these days. I so wish dashcams become part of cars like other nitty gritty features that come factory fitted.

Last edited by wheelguy : 25th February 2021 at 20:08.
wheelguy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 07:49   #3380
Senior - BHPian

How good is this rear dash cam?

https://dashcameras.in/index.php/pro...yABEgKjdvD_BwE

It says it is compatible with 70mai A800 only.

Looking at a dash cam with recording - not so much into other features such as GPS / parking etc.

Would these two be good enough front and rear dash cam combination?

The price for the front and rear comes to around 10-11k.

Last edited by AMG Power : 1st March 2021 at 07:51.
AMG Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 01:09   #3381
BHPian

I recently purchased the Nexar NEXS1 dashcam with Sony sensor and was advertised as having superior night vision capabilities. I tried searching online, but couldn't find any video of it. So, I decided to try it and post a video. Got this device on a pretty nice deal, about 45% off

The video quality for night is pretty nice, however, the streaked rays of light in the video are from my windshield, due to the age of the vehicle.

Check out the video below:

Old 8th March 2021, 09:07   #3382
BHPian

Need a piece of advice from experts here. I'm looking for a dashcam for my second car. I'm already using 70Mai Dash Cam Pro with a GPS module. I wish to go for an economical option this time. I've 3 options so far in mind and need your suggestions (maybe based on your personal experiences).

1) DDPAI Mini Car Dash Camera with Upgraded Night Recording & Processor, Full HD 1080p with H.265, 140° Wide Angle, G-Sensor, WiFi, Parking Mode, Upto 128GB Supported

2) DDPAI A2 Car Dash Camera with in-Built 24-Hour Continuous Parking Monitoring, Full HD 1080p with H.265 encoding, G-Sensor, WiFi, Storage Upto 128 GB

3) 70mai Smart Dash Cam 1S, 1080P Full HD, STARVIS IMX307 Sensor, 130° Wide Angle, Emergency & Loop Recording, App and Voice Control

Also, I'm not able to figure out any particular difference between the first two.
samkat1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 17:21   #3383
BHPian

Need help. Does anyone know a good place in Bangalore which can hard-wire the dashcam on a vehicle with curtain airbags. If someone has done a DIY or did it from outside, it will be really great if someone can point me in right direction.
Thank you in advance
Mainali is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 01:29   #3384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
I'm already using 70Mai Dash Cam Pro with a GPS module. I wish to go for an economical option this time.
If price is the main factor then try Campark DC02.

https://www.amazon.in/Campark-Dashbo.../dp/B07VD47GX8

I purchased it for 3990 last week, seems that they have reduced the discount since then but its still quite cheap for a dual channel dashcam.
devilking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 21:13   #3385
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainali View Post
Need help. Does anyone know a good place in Bangalore which can hard-wire the dashcam on a vehicle with curtain airbags. If someone has done a DIY or did it from outside, it will be really great if someone can point me in right direction.
Thank you in advance
+1 to this as well.
Looking for someone to hard wire dash cam at both mysore or Bangalore.

Frequent travel between the two cities you see
Old 15th March 2021, 21:47   #3386
BANNED

Hi,

Are Chinese websites like Bang-good or Ali express still shipping to India in 2021?

I find the dash cams way cheaper there, when compared to the costlier amazon's or Indian e-com sites.

Also, is a custom duty of some sort levied on products shipped from these sites?

Do advise!!
Old 15th March 2021, 23:57   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Kumara View Post
+1 to this as well.
Looking for someone to hard wire dash cam at both mysore or Bangalore.

Frequent travel between the two cities you see
I recently got it hard wired from a place called car tunes, it's in whitefield. No wire cutting just connected to the fuse and they knew how to connect rear and front cam in a 6 air bag car. I had the dashcam as well has hardwire kit and all they charged me was Rs 1000.
The only problem is, I am noticing some noise from the panels they opened(not exactly rattling). Planning to get it fixed in first service. Kia service center denied on the face when I asked if they can install the dashcam. They were not co-operative when I told I wanted to install a dashcam for my own safety. This is Naara Kia Bangalore I am talking about.

The person whom I spoke to from Kia service center did mention, as long I don't cut original wires and not meddle with the wiring its not going to impact the warranty.
Mainali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 09:22   #3388
BHPian

Quote:
Are Chinese websites like Bang-good or Ali express still shipping to India in 2021?
Last time I checked AliExpress was not shipping to India. Not sure if it is now. You can check the shipping for your product on the website.

Quote:
I find the dash cams way cheaper there, when compared to the costlier amazon's or Indian e-com sites.
Customs Duty plus postal handling charges of approx 40% (if I recall correctly) is levied and if you factor that in the prices comes very similar to Indian e-com sites for most products.

Quote:
Also, is a custom duty of some sort levied on products shipped from these sites?
The AliExpress store usually underquote the price and misclassify the product in the declaration to circumvent the customs levy. Most of the time it passes through without attracting any customs duty. One out of my around 10 purchases till date got picked up and I had to make 3 rounds of the customs office to get things moving and had to pay the duty and handling charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainali View Post
I recently got it hard wired from a place called car tunes, it's in whitefield. No wire cutting just connected to the fuse and they knew how to connect rear and front cam in a 6 air bag car.
Thanks for the info. Is Car Tunes in B Narayanapura? I am also planning to get the dashcam hardwired. Did you use fuse taps or they connected it directly to the fuse?
Old 17th March 2021, 14:52   #3389
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
I recently purchased the Nexar NEXS1 dashcam with Sony sensor and was advertised as having superior night vision capabilities. I tried searching online, but couldn't find any video of it. So, I decided to try it and post a video. Got this device on a pretty nice deal, about 45% off

The video quality for night is pretty nice, however, the streaked rays of light in the video are from my windshield, due to the age of the vehicle.

Check out the video below:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=wAmRQtg5ulk
Few queries on this.
1.How much did this cost you and where you bought it from?
2. Is it hard-wired or just connected to 12v cigarette lighter socket?
3. Is there any polarizing filter on this?
4. Availability and usage of Voice commands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Yes, that's what I am going to do (will place the order tomorrow)

When they have the strict return policy on their favour, we have to be careful as anything can happen on online deal. The damage can even happen during the packing or in transit etc.

Another tip i use:
If the product is D.O.A or defective and you have paid with your credit card, you can always do something called as "chargeback"

Basically, it means you are disputing payment to vendor ,citing the bad/poor service or lack of service provided to you.
IMHO, there is no need to get worried on this if you pay via Credit card.

All online payments to E-com merchants or offline are best done via Credit card, not debit card/wallets etc.

My .02$$

Last edited by Sheel : 18th March 2021 at 09:40. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Rama Kumara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 09:20   #3390
BANNED

Hi,

I am planning to get the 70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro, 2K+ 1944p QHD
and get it hardwired to the fuse box on my Honda Brio car.

My query is Do i really the need the GPS module?
HAs any one really found it useful apart from it displaying speed and the co-ordinates.

If there is no perceived major use, I'd rather not buy the GPS module at all.

Note: Any good car accessory shop in Mysore who can hard wire this

Cheers,
Rama Kumara is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks