Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2019, 08:50   #2626
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Has anyone here used Tryace Dashcams? I am in US and I got the below listed one for under $50 (due to a coupon). But I am contemplating whether to keep this or return. I haven't installed in my car here as I am going to return back soon (to India) and want to Install in car in India.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This tryace one is capacitor one and not battery.

Does anyone think this is a keeper or I should return? I was planning to otherwise buy something like VOIFO A129 Duo (hopefully some deal comes). But I have found Voifo A129 Duo with hardwire kit for under $170.

Last edited by raksrules : 26th May 2019 at 08:51.
Old 27th May 2019, 04:34   #2627
BHPian

Sorry for Bumping this thread again but since I saw some people mentioned VOIFO A129 Duo, I found a coupon which brings price to $117. Make sure you select China warehouse (it shows me US warehouse too probably because I am in US).

Coupon Code: alibuy13213

I found this coupon through dashcamtalk on below website..

https://couponsfromchina.com/2019/02...rice-gearbest/

I am not sure if the dashcams escape duty when passing through Indian customs.
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 20:59   #2628
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm sharing an incident which is kind of positive. We (myself and my elder brother) have been using a Viofo 129 Duo since last few months. Mine was purchased from Banggood and delivered to me at home. His was purchased in US by a relative of ours. It so happened that his dashcam failed within 2 months of installing it. Since this was bought in the US, we were not sure how to proceed. Luckily the purchase was through Amazon USA and he had the bill. He sent a mail to the customer support of Viofo and they replied with the regular troubleshooting mechanisms. Since his camera was not at all switching on, after a few mails they asked him to send a video of the issue which my brother promptly sent. A few days later, they asked him to ship the camera to their headquarters in China for replacement. They sent a mail with all the details as to how the shipping should be done and what all to write over the package. The camera was sent using India Post as asked by them. The camera got delivered to them in about 2 weeks time and surprisingly, the replacement was despatched in 2 days time. Today, he has received the camera after about 2 weeks transit time without any custom issue. We were skeptical earlier regarding the replacement but thankfully, all's well that ends well.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20190528_205853.jpg
The camera.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20190528_205824.jpg
The package in bad shape.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img20190528wa0043.jpg
The camera was just bubble wrapped and there was no outer carton of the camera. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post

I am not sure if the dashcams escape duty when passing through Indian customs.
It's a hit or miss, one dashcam of mine came without any issue, another one was charged by customs and sent as VPP.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 28th May 2019 at 21:01.
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 03:04   #2629
BHPian

Customs duty depends on invoice value of item including shipping. If the value is less than 50 USD no custom duty is levied, otherwise they impose duty. When a replacement is getting shipped if invoice value is shown less or nominal then chances of customs waiver is higher. I do agree that there are exceptions that happen and depends on the officer on duty handling the valuation and clearance but the general rule is what I have said at the beginning.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 03:09   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
If the value is less than 50 USD no custom duty is levied, otherwise they impose duty.
Not really. I have paid duty around 1k on $30 invoice value.
Old 29th May 2019, 03:32   #2631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Not really. I have paid duty around 1k on $30 invoice value.
If 30 USD included shipping and you were still charged customs it means the clearance officer has overridden the indicated total value on grounds of undervaluation for avoiding customs. The have a handbook for valuation and at times also check online if they have a doubt. As I said already in my previous post the officer factor plays at times and can go either way. If items are posted as enveloped items most of the time there is positive outcome. This is exactly why cheaper items from AliExpress are shipped in envelops than boxes. I have even imported vacuum tubes for pre amplifier from eBay seller based in Russia and it came fine in envelop with no customs
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 02:38   #2632
BHPian

Shopping on banggood, use a VPN! Will keep taking you to the .in site where everything is marked up.

Happened to open my Wishlist and then logged in simultaneously using Opera's VPN.

ISP

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot-20190602-2.06.07-am.png

Opera VPN (Proxy)

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot-20190602-2.05.23-am.png
harsh79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 09:52   #2633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
Shopping on banggood, use a VPN! Will keep taking you to the .in site where everything is marked up.
Is it the case that 30% markup is for covering customs duty? I found AliExpress to have more variety but only the longer shipping time is a let down.
Old 2nd June 2019, 10:30   #2634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Is it the case that 30% markup is for covering customs duty? I found AliExpress to have more variety but only the longer shipping time is a let down.
Customs duty is not covered under either of them and payable by you (if applicable).
mukeshgoel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 11:47   #2635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
You can even use TOR browser. Then you don't need to connect to any VPN or use Opera VPN.

Last edited by ampere : 4th June 2019 at 18:27. Reason: cleaned up dead links from quoted post
clevermax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 20:21   #2636
BHPian

Ding Ding Pai Unboxing Photos

I have obtained a Ding Ding Pai Mini 3 dash camera for my new Polo GT TSI. Price paid was INR 12.5K and supplied by eHub on Amazon India. I have unboxed and tested it, but have not mounted it yet due to time constraints. It feels very well built and sturdy. None of the cheap plastickyness of my Rexon V1. The iOS app is very well laid out, intuitive and chock full of features. The manual (and the app) has very well written English. The stand/mount and power socket arrangement makes possible rotation of the camera without unplugging. A trim removal tool is included. A quality 3.5m power cable is thrown in along with a cigarette lighter adapter with dual 1amp and 2.4amp USB sockets. Very thoughtful design that makes an additional power socket available even with the camera plugged in. A wireless button remote is supplied which enables you to take photos. Awesome! I will be sourcing a hardwiring kit soon. It is not included. It should come with a power adapter and a fuse box plug in leads with spare fuses.

I will not be reviewing. Many good and detailed reviews are found on YouTube. Here is a link to one of them:

Then company website product link is here:
http://en.ddpai.com/product/mini/3.html

Ding Ding Pai Mini 3 is the winner of Red Dot 2018 design award. Here are my unboxing photos. Enjoy........
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_7348.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_7349.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_7350.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_7351.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_7352.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_7355.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_7356.jpg  

keith2524 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 13:31   #2637
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ding Ding Pai Unboxing Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith2524 View Post
I have obtained a Ding Ding Pai Mini 3 dash camera for my new Polo GT TSI. Price paid was INR 12.5K and supplied by eHub on Amazon India.
Thanks Keith! I ordered this from Amazon after reading your post for my Civic.

I don't feel confident about doing the installation myself will have to see how that goes. Probably may have to go to some accessories shop to have it fitted. Do post your experience.

Is this the app? Please confirm.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-20190604_133401.jpg  

Last edited by Cyborg : 4th June 2019 at 13:37. Reason: Adding content.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 18:14   #2638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Is this the app? Please confirm.
Cheers
Yes that is the app. It also gives you access to a weird network of users who share their dash cam videos online. Something like Facebook for cars maybe.

I have contacted the seller today and purchased the hardwire kit, shipped separately for a price of INR 1499. It is also available as a bundle along with the cam on Amazon. I had accidentally selected the cam only option.

Do not go with the standalone hardwire kit available currently on Amazon. It is not compatible with the Mini 3 new version. Note that the power socket is a mini stereo jack like plug for Mini 3 and not the mini usb which was provided with the older models.

Contact the seller directly to source the correct hard wire kit with fuse plugs etc. He mentioned that he is not listing it separately on Amazon to avoid confusion with the older types.
keith2524 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 19:50   #2639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith2524 View Post
I have contacted the seller today and purchased the hardwire kit, shipped separately for a price of INR 1499. It is also available as a bundle along with the cam on Amazon. I had accidentally selected the cam only option.
Thanks Keith.

Is this the hardwire kit you mention? It's for 1299 though. If not please post a snap of what you mean. Do elaborate on the installation after you finish.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-20190604_194823.jpg  

Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 19:57   #2640
BHPian

No. This is not it. The charging port of the DDPAI Mini 3 is not USB Micro. It looks like a headphone jack. You will see when you receive your camera.

Here is a pic of the hardwire kit
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-38c4475488694765a8a16cb746de6d26.jpeg  

keith2524 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks