Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2019, 19:16   #2686
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Picked up 70mai pro yesterday from Amazon. The package is still sitting at home unopened. Does anyone know if it comes will all the requisite kit for installation? Planning to do it on Friday morning or Thursday evening. Have a long trip planned starting Friday so bought it from Amazon. Approximately, how much time would installation take? Does it make sense to get it done from a professional?
Old 24th July 2019, 21:11   #2687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Picked up 70mai pro yesterday from Amazon. The package is still sitting at home unopened. Does anyone know if it comes will all the requisite kit for installation? Planning to do it on Friday morning or Thursday evening. Have a long trip planned starting Friday so bought it from Amazon. Approximately, how much time would installation take? Does it make sense to get it done from a professional?
The pack which I got from Aliexpress had a wire kit bundled which can be concealed thru the roofliner, A pillar and then to the cigarette lighter. Thats more of a DIY thing and will not take more than 30mins.
In case you are planning to hard-wire it, then would suggest consult a professional.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 21:15   #2688
knp
BHPian

yes, 70mai comes with all the required stuff for the installation, like 2 usb port car charger, a longer microUSB cable, and all installation kits. It hardly takes 20 mins to get it install and running. Only thing that I am having issues with this is that the GPS adapter is getting disconnected from the main unit for most of the time due to bad locking design and hence, ADAS does not work. I had to keep pressing it to sit it right whenever I need adas. I had mailed to 70mai, but no response. btw, I had bought it as part of their kickstarter campaign.
knp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 18:16   #2689
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

How is the seller Viofo Official Store on AliExpress for ordering their dashcam. Any report of delayed/fake delivery with them.
Old 29th July 2019, 12:09   #2690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
How is the seller Viofo Official Store on AliExpress for ordering their dashcam. Any report of delayed/fake delivery with them.
I bought my Viofo A129 DUO IR version from the same seller. They are good and professional. They did not delay the shipping, but the dashcam was held in Chennai customs for about a week. I would recommend the seller.
TorqueKnight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 19:14   #2691
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post
I bought my Viofo A129 DUO IR version from the same seller. They are good and professional. They did not delay the shipping, but the dashcam was held in Chennai customs for about a week. I would recommend the seller.

Thanks. How much was the duty to be paid at customs. I am looking for either 129 duo IR or 119 v3. How much time did it take to reach the shipment to you.
Old 30th July 2019, 19:49   #2692
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. How much was the duty to be paid at customs. I am looking for either 129 duo IR or 119 v3. How much time did it take to reach the shipment to you.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4610395 (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread)

I paid Rs.4094 as customs duty. You can find more details from my above post
TorqueKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 21:19   #2693
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4610395 (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread)

I paid Rs.4094 as customs duty. You can find more details from my above post
141$ seems really good price. It is currently showing starting price of 169$ and going all the way to 234$. Was there some discounts running then?

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/4sOQYiG
Old 30th July 2019, 23:06   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
141$ seems really good price. It is currently showing starting price of 169$ and going all the way to 234$. Was there some discounts running then?

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/4sOQYiG
Yes. The seller gave $25 Coupon and I saved another $3 with the new user coupon. So its $169.99-$25-$3=$141.99. I bought it with GPS but no CPL filter or Bluetooth Remote or Hard wire kit. I bought CPL filter extra from another seller. Seems I saved a good amount during that time
TorqueKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 12:23   #2695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for either 129 duo IR or 119 v3.
I was in a similar confusion some time ago and I chose A129 over 119V3 mainly for the better mounting system of A129 and for its 3 wire hardwire kit compatibility.
Old 31st July 2019, 12:51   #2696
BHPian

I am considering this for my car. Existing dashcam users, your inputs would be appreciated.
Old 1st August 2019, 07:05   #2697
BANNED

I was going through review videos of 129Ir duo and 119 v3. And many were pointing that a119v3 has far better video quality that 129 due to increased resolution.

Don't know much of the hardkit though. Guess it is provided in both the models.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 07:50   #2698
BHPian

Quote:
I was going through review videos of 129Ir duo and 119 v3. And many were pointing that a119v3 has far better video quality that 129 due to increased resolution.

Don't know much of the hardkit though. Guess it is provided in both the models.
Thanks for mentioning the v3, I looked at a couple of videos on YouTube and found that viofo 119v3 is indeed having better capabilities.

I have two questions, first, has anybody put a dashcam on a windshield that has sunfilm? Any problems faced on short or long term? The A119 v3 is attached to a 3m adhesive mount and thankfully not a vacuum cup mount which usually degrades with age if heats up regularly in the sun. But hope the 3M adhesive is heat resistant.

My other question is whether it is risky to hardwire dashcams since by doing that we expose the car to risk of any electrical failure getting induced from the cam itself, generally 12v sockets otherwise may be protected with fuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
Only thing that I am having issues with this is that the GPS adapter is getting disconnected from the main unit for most of the time due to bad locking design and hence, ADAS does not work. I had to keep pressing it to sit it right whenever I need adas. I had mailed to 70mai, but no response. btw, I had bought it as part of their kickstarter campaign.
Why don't you fix the GPS module with a tape to the cam. It will hold tight and in future you can still take out the tape if you need to.

Last edited by haisaikat : 1st August 2019 at 07:56.
Old 1st August 2019, 08:03   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I was in a similar confusion some time ago and I chose A129 over 119V3 mainly for the better mounting system of A129.
Can you tell us what's the difference in mounting system? I'm also in a confusion with A119 v3 and A129. Except for the WiFi connectivity, A119 v3 looks perfect to me. Need to find a solution for that. Maybe an OTG cable to directly transfer to phone?
Old 1st August 2019, 10:16   #2700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Can you tell us what's the difference in mounting system? I'm also in a confusion with A119 v3 and A129. Except for the WiFi connectivity, A119 v3 looks perfect to me. Need to find a solution for that. Maybe an OTG cable to directly transfer to phone?
A129 is clipped to its base/GPS unit through four small locking legs on each corner. This is their new mounting system.

A119 is clipped to its base/GPS using a single large locking leg in the center. This causes it to rattle or become loose over time. They started supplying a foam sticker in the kit that goes between the base and the unit to mitigate this issue.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed