Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2017, 16:01   #1936
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Shall share videos / comments on quality / other performance once I have day and night videos for a couple of days in various conditions.
Few clips from the first day of usage.

Overcast day:

Daylight to Basement parking transition:

Basement parking to night transition:

Plotting on map using the dashcam viewer (https://dashcamviewer.com/) software:

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img20171209wa0008.jpeg

Last edited by blackasta : 9th December 2017 at 16:04.
blackasta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 22:58   #1937
Senior - BHPian

This is pretty decent picture quality. I can say I am quite relieved with my purchase now. Mine has reached India shores. Will receive it in a few days.
Old 10th December 2017, 09:01   #1938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
I was in the same boat a couple of months back. Kept going through reviews after reviews and finally narrowed down to 2 dashcams.

1. Thinkware F770 - 2 Ch
2. Blackvue DR650S - 2 Ch
Both are with front and rear cams as well as smartphone control.

Both are of Korean origin and the most preferred among premium dashcams in US. Have great reviews too.

Was confused between these two and finally ordered one of each. Installed Thinkware F770 in Yeti when I got some free time day before yesterday. Yet to install Blackvue in the bimmer. Both are feature rich and good in quality. Google these two cams and you have enough and more videos and reviews available out there.
Further to above, got the latest Blackvue 750S 2Ch for Mini Cooper. Installation is halfway through. Just need to find the correct fuse taps and hook up the power magic pro.

After a year of usage, I am happy with both Thinkware and Blackvue cams. Both have different set of features and finally it comes down to your priority. Apart from the standard set of features common to both cams, Thinkware has built in power management, lane departure warning, collision warning, etc. (These warnings are gonna be a PITA on our well disciplined traffic though) whereas Blackvue has cloud capability, which makes it possible to not only see what's happening, but also communicate with the occupants even when I'm away, provided there is a WiFi hotspot (which is always carried along these days). Plus it has an additional tamperproof kit.

I love both these cams, but I prefer Blackvue over Thinkware. Like I said, it comes down to what features are more important to you. Quality wise, both are top notch.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 20:30   #1939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I just wanted to add a point here on how it looks so different when we use two SJCam4000 Wifi cameras one as dashcam and one facing inside.
Does it have a motion sensor and parking mode for protection of parked vehicle

Last edited by ampere : 15th December 2017 at 11:20. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
Old 10th December 2017, 21:33   #1940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraholic View Post
Does it have a motion sensor and parking mode for protection of parked vehicle
No, it's an action cam with an added dashcam feature, so it has it's own limitations
Old 15th December 2017, 10:50   #1941
BHPian

Received my Viofo A119 V2 (non S) and went out for a short test drive in the city at night. Did not fix the GPS module as the same comes with a sticker mount and will be fitted permanently in the TUV. Did use the CPL though.

A short sample video :

So far, I'm very happy with the quality at night.
mi2n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 00:27   #1942
BHPian

Received the dash cam this evening. I was made to pay 800/- to postman. I am not sure how they calculated. I was charged 746/- for postage due and 331/- as customs duty. Waiting to test the cam tomorrow morning.
Old 18th December 2017, 11:07   #1943
Senior - BHPian

My viofo 119 V2 has reached my home in 20 days flat. Will set it up once I get back to Kolkata.

Last edited by Pancham : 18th December 2017 at 11:22.
Old 18th December 2017, 15:34   #1944
BHPian

I received my VIOFO A119 v2 with gps and cpl on 16th. Luckily there were no charges. Initial tests were positive.
Old 21st December 2017, 18:04   #1945
BHPian

Just received this Xiaomi Mijia MI dashboard camera. Ordered it 4 days back from e-bay. Seller was one, Uttam Store, from New Delhi, who generally has positive reviews. Price of this camera set is Re 5,850/- (free shipping).

This camera comes with a 3.0 inch screen and 1.8 aperture. Has a 160 degree wide angle and 1920 x 1080 resolution. Supports 64 GB TF Memory card (and which is not included in this package, so suggestions for the same are welcome). Yet to to download the "Mijia" app from Play Store. Shall be fitting it in the Corolla Altis tonight itself. All suggestions to extract maximum performance out of this device are welcome.

Link for more of product description - https://www.ebay.in/itm/Xiaomi-Mijia...E:L:OC:IN:3160
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-dashcam.jpg  

Swapnil4585 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 11:38   #1946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Many Thanks Swapnil, for sharing this.

With recent outputs from my current camera of Sub-standard quality, I was looking for something in this range. I guess I will have to go through a Chinese Brand after all, as nothing else available. Or at least I am not able find out.

Though I might sound to be in a hurry, will you mind sharing the output Video of your DVR ASAP. Apologies.

I understand You Tube will reduce the quality, but if that is better than what I am getting currently, I will definitely go for this. Though your link says it is out of stock (--NOM--), I found another seller which is selling it for 5899, here:

https://www.ebay.in/itm/Xiaomi-Mijia...item1c94dcbd3d

Regards,
Saurabh
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 15:39   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Many Thanks Swapnil, for sharing this.

Though I might sound to be in a hurry, will you mind sharing the output Video of your DVR ASAP. Apologies.

Regards,
Saurabh
I have just half installed the camera yet. Actually, since the language of the instrument is in Chinese, and also since I am not able to download its "Mijia" app on any of my phones, the installation (settings part to be precise) is pending. As of now, I am not sure as to how to go ahead with the installation.
Swapnil4585 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 16:21   #1948
BHPian

Can the dash cam be powered using infotainment system's usb port? What would be the USB power output of a R340G unit in Volkswagen cars?
Old 22nd December 2017, 16:44   #1949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
Can the dash cam be powered using infotainment system's usb port?
Very much possible, but not sure if advisable. You might overdraw the current & fry the port of your infotainment system.
However, why do you want to block your USB port permanently, by drawing current out of it. Once you go by this setup, you may render the port unusable for media inputs, via pen drives.

Anyways:

Simply get a USB cable & cut it. You will get the following color wires in the cable. As USB is four wire system, each wire has its own use & based on this it has a dedicated color coding of its wires. It uses 4 shielded wires: two for power (+5v & GND) and two for differential data signals ( D+ & D-). It can have Maximum Cable length of 5 Meters only.

Following is the color coding & use of individual wire inside the cable (once you cut it to draw power):

Pin# -----Cable color-----Description

1 -------- Red -------- +5 VDC (Max Current allowed is 500mA - I am sure Camera will draw more current)
2 -------- White -------- Data -
3 -------- Green -------- Data +
4 -------- Black -------- Ground

So best you can draw is +5 Volts using the RED & BLACK wires.
However, Current flow is completely based on the length of wire that you use.Following should be the maximum length of the wire based on the gauge you use:

Power Gauge --- Max length of wire
28 ------------- 0.81 m
26 ------------- 1.31 m
24 ------------- 2.08 m
22 ------------- 3.33 m
20 ------------- 5.00 m

Regards,
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 22nd December 2017 at 17:12. Reason: alignement correction
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 21:37   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Once you go by this setup, you may render the port unusable for media inputs, via pen drives.
Thanks for the information. I'm just checking out the options as I am very reluctant to hardwire for the cam. As of now I am using only SD card for media input; but I get your point. The other option is using the lighter port, but then the wire will pass right across the infotainment unit screen.
Turbopetrol is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks