Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2018, 08:38   #2086
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Appreciate if some one can guide me with memory card for A119. Which brand and what type and size should I go for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Well, it had to stop somewhere. just over 7k Rs.
Even I got one (A119 V2) from AliExpress but before the anniversary sale and there isn't much of a difference in price for A119 & A119S then and now.
Waited for long and took a plunge finally.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 09:15   #2087
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Appreciate if some one can guide me with memory card for A119. Which brand and what type and size should I go for!
I've been using these:

Samsung EVO Plus Grade 3, Class 10 64GB MicroSDXC 100 MB/S Memory Card with SD Adapter (MB-MC64GA/IN)

Earlier I had Mini 0806 where I was using two of these 64GB memory cards. No issues so far.

I have the same Viofo A119S V2 (GPS + CPL). Had paid $90 = ₹ 5,900 during the 11.11 sale @ AliExpress.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 09:29   #2088
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Lol. I was in the same boat. Had seen your previous post too! Well it was the final nail in coffin. Ordering A119S right away!
Order it soon. That price is only till end of today...it's an anniversary sale at Aliexpress between 28th - 30th. Yeah, I ordered one too.
Old 30th March 2018, 09:58   #2089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Appreciate if some one can guide me with memory card for A119. Which brand and what type and size should I go for.

Cheers!
Like I said here (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4378205) I have been using a SanDisk 64gb GB without issues. You should get one at a good price at the Aliexpress sale that's on now.
Old 30th March 2018, 12:39   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I hope to fit and forget. Certainly hope that I'll never need it "in anger."
Quote:
Well it was the final nail in coffin. Ordering A119S right away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I ordered one too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have the same Viofo A119S V2 (GPS + CPL). Had paid $90 = ₹ 5,900 during the 11.11 sale @ AliExpress.
Ordered the same Viofo V2 GPS, CPL and Hardwire kit for $95. Was holding back as I wanted to purchase the Alexa enabled Garmin one but that is way more expensive and since you folks purchased this, I took the plunge as well .
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 12:45   #2091
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Ordered the same Viofo V2 GPS, CPL and Hardwire kit for $95. Was holding back as I wanted to purchase the Alexa enabled Garmin one but that is way more expensive and since you folks purchased this, I took the plunge as well .
Do you intend to get it hardwired? I am a little reluctant now because I have a laundry list of things to install on my TUV and I'm afraid of wiring too many gadgets:
* Front dashcam (the Viofo A119s)
* Rear dashcam (nice to have, yet to fully decide & purchase)
* Rear backup camera and screen
* A movie player screen on the roof (this and the one above to be installed by Mahindra)
Old 30th March 2018, 12:55   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Do you intend to get it hardwired?...
* Rear dashcam (nice to have, yet to fully decide & purchase)
* Rear backup camera and screen
* A movie player screen on the roof
I will use the fusetap I imagine. I got the rear camera done by Mahindra dealer and it is fitted upside down, have to go get it corrected. I have the movie player in my swift and used it just once or twice in the past 12 years, what a waste of money. Got the DVD player and TFT screen from the US in 2006 but used maybe twice.
Old 30th March 2018, 13:35   #2093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lol. I was in the same boat. Had seen your previous post too! Well it was the final nail in coffin. Ordering A119S right away!

It will probably be like camera buying was for me: only after buying did I learn and realise what I should have spent the money on!

Learning the hard way.

Edit 1: quoted post.

Edit 2: Adding...

Looks like I sparked a mini rush for those things! I'd like to hardwire for neatness. Am I right in thinking that this is a job for the people who fir stuff like audio, rather than a garage? I guess I'll ask Ignite: If they won't do, they will reccommend. They are a friendly bunch.

But oh wait: I might leave off the hard wiring until June, when the car warranty finally expires, in case of dealer quibble.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 30th March 2018 at 13:46.
Old 30th March 2018, 14:26   #2094
BHPian

Ok. After numerous posts in this thread and after lot of confusion, I have narrowed down to obvious two choices. Viofo A119S or Mini 0806.

The requirement is simple, it should does an effective clean recording and should be as discreet as possible. I also planto remove the dashcam whenever I give my car for servicing or goto some specific location where camera is not allowed. So a dashcam which allows me to fix cradle on windshield and lets me slide out the cam is preferred.

Further, there are lots of Mini 0806 floating around in aliexpress. Anyone has any clue about what is genuine and what to avoid.

Last edited by HalfOctave : 30th March 2018 at 14:29.
Old 30th March 2018, 14:40   #2095
BHPian

Looks like Aliexpress has had a surge of Viofo dashcam purchases from India. I bought 2, one at 6200 and the next at 6400. Got some 8 USD off on both purchases due to coupons available. I split my orders in 2, just to avoid customs duty ( fingers crossed).
Needed 3, but I guess I will pick one more after the current 2 are installed.
BTW, both orders have been dispatched vide SG Post.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 22:56   #2096
BHPian

I think it's raining Car DVRs in AliExpress Anniversary sale. Well, myself took the plunge and ordered this YI Smart DashCam for $38 (after $8 discount using various coupons), approx. INR 2,600 yesterday and it has already been shipped out by SG Post.

Have a query on what type of memory card is compatible with this DVR - MicroSD card, if yes, any specific class of card?
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 23:29   #2097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
ordered this YI Smart DashCam for $38 (after $8 discount using various coupons), approx. INR 2,600 yesterday
That's awesome price. Somehow I am not getting this price of $38. Can anyone help?
Old 31st March 2018, 04:13   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Looks like Aliexpress has had a surge of Viofo dashcam purchases from India. I bought 2, one at 6200 and the next at 6400. Got some 8 USD off on both purchases due to coupons available. I split my orders in 2, just to avoid customs duty ( fingers crossed).
Needed 3, but I guess I will pick one more after the current 2 are installed.
BTW, both orders have been dispatched vide SG Post.
Even I purchased mine today at 6400 and got US$8 off.

Can someone share at what amount does the post carry customs duty? If post office does call for it what would be the duty amount? If the amount is too high what are the alternatives?
Old 31st March 2018, 09:19   #2099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Even I purchased mine today at 6400 and got US$8 off.

Can someone share at what amount does the post carry customs duty? If post office does call for it what would be the duty amount? If the amount is too high what are the alternatives?
Duty will be around 40% - which you have to pay in cash to the postman.

The other option is you can refuse delivery. Or fill out a form and try to argue with the customs people for a reduction.

For such a low cost my advice is to just pay up and enjoy the DVR.
Old 31st March 2018, 10:22   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post

Have a query on what type of memory card is compatible with this DVR - MicroSD card, if yes, any specific class of card?
I am using a 128 gigs card class 10 Sandisk card without any issues on this DVR.
@Chaand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks