Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2018, 20:44   #2101
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Cancelled my A119S booking and ordered this today. Has to be mounted on the dashboard. If it works as intended, I can get my Torque Pro app configured on it instead of mounting a Google Nexus in car.
Phisung E02 8"Touch 4G Android wifi GPS Full HD 1080P Video Recorder Dual Lens Registrar Dash cam ROM 16GB ADAS car dvr camera
http://s.aliexpress.com/vmiIZRNz?

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_20180331204253157_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.png

Last edited by akshay380 : 31st March 2018 at 21:13.
akshay380 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 07:55   #2102
BHPian

Ok. Now that I have done the following DIY:
  • Installed SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi in my scorpio, Front and Rear in 2015
  • Installed Dashcam in fellow BHPian car
  • Removed Dashcam in Vento when my friend was buying a used car
  • Installed SJCAM SJ4000 in my Friend's Fortuner
  • Helped with inputs to a good number of friends on Dashcam istallations
All DIY and NOT hardwiring. I can ensure that the consealing of wires can be done like a professional job.

If anyone in Bangalore is looking for help to do DIY Dashcam wiring, I can help out. PM me for any help needed. You would have to get your vehicle and camera to where I stay, that's all.

NO Charges to fellow BHPians, of course.

Cheers
narayanang76
narayanang76 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 10:43   #2103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

But oh wait: I might leave off the hard wiring until June, when the car warranty finally expires, in case of dealer quibble.
Good Decision. I too voted against hardwire in my car just for this purpose. And also for ease of sanitizing the interior before handing over to dealer for service. They pull and tug any wire that is not standard fitment and have zero remorse.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 11:12   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
I think it's raining Car DVRs in AliExpress Anniversary sale. Well, myself took the plunge and ordered this YI Smart DashCam for $38 (after $8 discount using various coupons), approx. INR 2,600 yesterday and it has already been shipped out by SG Post.

Have a query on what type of memory card is compatible with this DVR - MicroSD card, if yes, any specific class of card?
Even I got the Yi dashcam from Aliexpress during the Nov 17 sale, costed me Rs 2900. I got the below microSd card.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 19:40   #2105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Ok. Now that I have done the following DIY:
  • Installed SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi in my scorpio, Front and Rear in 2015
  • Installed Dashcam in fellow BHPian car
  • Removed Dashcam in Vento when my friend was buying a used car
  • Installed SJCAM SJ4000 in my Friend's Fortuner
  • Helped with inputs to a good number of friends on Dashcam istallations
All DIY and NOT hardwiring. I can ensure that the consealing of wires can be done like a professional job.

If anyone in Bangalore is looking for help to do DIY Dashcam wiring, I can help out. PM me for any help needed. You would have to get your vehicle and camera to where I stay, that's all.

NO Charges to fellow BHPians, of course.

Cheers
narayanang76
Cool. I'll PM you once I get my A119s
Old 1st April 2018, 20:46   #2106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post

If anyone in Bangalore is looking for help to do DIY Dashcam wiring, I can help out. PM me for any help needed.
Thank you - will ping you once I get delivery of my Yi cam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Even I got the Yi dashcam from Aliexpress during the Nov 17 sale, costed me Rs 2900. I got the below microSd card.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Add me to the list, but I paid around 3450 INR including shipping. Now waiting for the delivery.

--Anoop
Old 2nd April 2018, 08:07   #2107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Add me to the list, but I paid around 3450 INR including shipping. Now waiting for the delivery.

--Anoop
How come you paid for shipping? For me the shipping was free, I guess promotional during the sale.

Wiring up Yi dashcam is quite simple like connecting your electrical appliance. Provided you are doing to the 12V car charger socket. If hard wiring then you might need help.
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:40   #2108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How come you paid for shipping? For me the shipping was free, I guess promotional during the sale.

Wiring up Yi dashcam is quite simple like connecting your electrical appliance. Provided you are doing to the 12V car charger socket. If hard wiring then you might need help.
I bought it from the official Yi store and shipping was charged (via Singapore Post)

Maybe it depends on the user level (I am a silver user), or did you buy it from a different store?

I am not planning to do hard wiring, but my 12V socket has some issues (loose contact) and I am not able to use the Aukey charger I have with me. So, I will need to see how the Yi cam charger works.

--Anoop
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:48   #2109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Cancelled my A119S booking and ordered this today. Has to be mounted on the dashboard. If it works as intended, I can get my Torque Pro app configured on it instead of mounting a Google Nexus in car.
Phisung E02 8"Touch 4G Android wifi GPS Full HD 1080P Video Recorder Dual Lens Registrar Dash cam ROM 16GB ADAS car dvr camera
http://s.aliexpress.com/vmiIZRNz?
This looks interesting. If it works as intended then it could be an economical and effective solution for many things - DVR, rear camera screen, GPS Navigation among others.

Do let us know how it worked out. A brief installation/ working/ ownership review would be helpful.

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 13:00   #2110
Distinguished - BHPian

Almost every item I view on AliExpress has free shipping. Almost... but not all!
Old 2nd April 2018, 13:07   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought it from the official Yi store and shipping was charged (via Singapore Post)

Maybe it depends on the user level (I am a silver user), or did you buy it from a different store?

I am not planning to do hard wiring, but my 12V socket has some issues (loose contact) and I am not able to use the Aukey charger I have with me. So, I will need to see how the Yi cam charger works.

--Anoop
I bought it from the official Yi store. And this was my first buy on Aliexpress. The shipping was done through Singapore post only.

Are you getting the suction cap mount or the 3M sticker mount? The std comes as 3M sticker.
Old 2nd April 2018, 14:06   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought it from the official Yi store. And this was my first buy on Aliexpress. The shipping was done through Singapore post only.

Are you getting the suction cap mount or the 3M sticker mount? The std comes as 3M sticker.
Oh My! I completely overlooked it. Could have ordered the suction mount also during the sale.

Did you order suction mount too?

One more thing I realised is, not to order things on the first day of the sale. I could see better coupons on the 2nd and 3rd day of the sale.

--Anoop
Old 2nd April 2018, 16:54   #2113
BHPian

Quote:

--Anoop
Sure.

Quote:

--Anoop
Please get this checked and issue rectified. Your functioning Dashcam or any device for that matter will be an issue if there is a loose contact.

Quote:
Oh My! I completely overlooked it. Could have ordered the suction mount also during the sale.

--Anoop
For a more permanent type fitting best to go with a 3M sticker mounts. Even if you want to remove or change position, all you need a spare 3M sticker. With such sticker mounts, there is less chance of vibrations and falls. Suction Mounts fail easily and Dashcam will fall down, more so if you park the car under the sun.
narayanang76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 14:48   #2114
BHPian

What's the best place to fix a dash camera? I've stuck my Mijia camera's holder on the windshield, just below the IRVM. For comparison, I shot a 2 minute video on my wife's mobile phone from the front left seat, along with the dashboard camera's shoot. The video from the mobile phone was 'actual', while watching the camera's video shoot, the speed of the car was felt to be a bit 'slower' than what it actually was.
Old 4th April 2018, 16:29   #2115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you order suction mount too?
No, I did not order the suction mount having not so good experience with suction mount used with the Mapmyindia unit mount. Although 3M sticker is permanent, it is quite sturdy. The only thing to be taken care is the correct place to mount. Once mounted the dashcam unit can be easily removed then.

I usually order on the first day of the sale.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks