Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2021, 11:50   #3601

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by baala View Post
Transcend Endurance seems exhorbitantly costed in Amazon for 128 GB

WD Purple - they are selling 64 GB @ a 58% discount for 779 and 128 GB is being sold at 2599 @ just 21%

Literally breaking my head now!!
@ Admins: If you feel its required, kindly merge this and previous post - I just missed the edit schduled window.

Thanks Sebring.

Found a official reseller in Transcrend website - https://ananditmegastore.com/product...d-memory-card/ , who is selling this for Rs. 1,649 - as compared to the 3K and 6K in Amazon site. It can be bought online from their website - but I dont have an prior experience with this seller - so had my second thoughts in buying online.

Spoke to a Chetan Seth (Mob: +91 91663 53204) - They have a shop at ANANDIT INFOTECH INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED, No -06 , 3rd Floor 2nd Cross, Sadarpatrappa Road, Bangalore -560002.

Planning to go there and buy it directly.

Note: I have not personal relation with the seller - just shared the details for the benefit of the fellow members looking to buy the same.
baala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 14:08   #3602
FGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P View Post
Hi everyone,

I wanted to confirm from you guys if the website viofo.in is genuine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I would like to know this as well.
Had ordered 2 VIOFO A129 Pro Duo from them in December 2020 and didn't face any issue.
FGP is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 18:36   #3603
BHPian

I am seeing an issue on my SafeCams Y3S where the date-time will reset at some vehicle starts. Not always. I am unable to discern a clear pattern of when it resets and when it doesn't.
Old 25th October 2021, 10:32   #3604
BHPian

took the plunge and ordered myself the 70MAI PRO PLUS dashcam. Plan to install/get it installed over the weekend. Since I have never done this myself, need to figure out how to route the wiring through the floor in the 2018 Creta. Have seen a couple of wiring diagrams but I am not so confident of doing it myself yet.
Old 26th October 2021, 08:32   #3605

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
took the plunge and ordered myself the 70MAI PRO PLUS dashcam. Plan to install/get it installed over the weekend. .
Congrats on the purchase!

I just did the installation of 70mai pro plus (dual camera) last week by Sachin's Autoshop - Koramangala - They did a pretty decent job and charged Rs. 800 for the labour.

It looks pretty good too & I have driven to Sakleshpur with family yesterday - I will post some pictures, sample videos and write a short review in a day or two.

Cheers!!
Old 26th October 2021, 09:09   #3606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baala View Post
I just did the installation of 70mai pro plus (dual camera) last week by Sachin's Autoshop - Koramangala - They did a pretty decent job and charged Rs. 800 for the labour.
Great! I got quoted Rs 1400 for the installation. The only benefit is that the person would come home and do it. I am in double minds whether to go ahead with getting it installed by someone or doing it myself.

The only reason i am wary of doing it myself is that i don’t know what fuse to tap and how to route the wire.
Old 29th October 2021, 07:24   #3607
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have a Viofo A119 that I have been using for the last 4 years. Now I have exhausted all the windshield mounts. Is there a way I can source these from somewhere in India? I will prefer the same 3M glue mounts.

I had bought the camera from Aliexpress so I assume I could have found the mounts there. But since that is not an option anymore, can I order it locally or does any other dash cam have a similar mount?

Last edited by Pancham : 29th October 2021 at 07:26.
Old 29th October 2021, 11:21   #3608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys, I have a Viofo A119 that I have been using for the last 4 years. Now I have exhausted all the windshield mounts. Is there a way I can source these from somewhere in India? I will prefer the same 3M glue mounts.

I had bought the camera from Aliexpress so I assume I could have found the mounts there. But since that is not an option anymore, can I order it locally or does any other dash cam have a similar mount?
Search on banggood. I read on another forum that many a things they ship (I guess shipping method is "India Direct Mail") is coming through delhivery locally in India and time to deliver is not so much as well.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 12:19   #3609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P View Post
Hi everyone,

I wanted to confirm from you guys if the website viofo.in is genuine?

They claim to be the official retailers of Viofo in India.
*SNIP*
Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I would like to know this as well. *SNIP*
I do not know if they are Viofo themselves since they only claim to be the distributors; but only a couple of weeks ago I went through the order and delivery process with them for the A129 Plus Duo.

Everything went through smoothly except (kinda) the payment process. The online payment processor usually shows an error after the payment is made saying "try again" or something, but a call to the distributors confirmed that the payment had indeed gone through and that the error was a known issue - and NOT to pay again.

The distributor rep was very courteous and professional; not to mention helpful in answering questions about the process and the product.

The shipping process too was professional - they shipped immediately; and since they use Blue Dart, it was easy to track the shipment all through. Updates were consistent, and regular. The shipment arrived a couple of days before the committed date; and everything was intact and clean.

After a couple of days I also ordered the Hardwire Kit from them, and again they were very helpful in being able to identify and send me the correct fuse-tap type. And again, similar excellent experience in everything.

I certainly recommend them for any Viofo purchase.

BTW, they do offer a discount when paying them directly instead of using a credit card. Pick COD in the orfder, then they SMS you their bank details for you to transfer the money using other methods. Call them for more info - they are helpful. The number is +91-81604-46485 and the person is Vijay.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 12:29   #3610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I do not know if they are Viofo themselves since they only claim to be the distributors; but only a couple of weeks ago I went through the order and delivery process with them for the A129 Plus Duo.
A129 has many variants. The one you mention I guess, is 1440p on front and 1080p on rear camera? Also what is the final price of only the camera kit (not counting the separate hardwire kit), on cash payment?
Also with hardwire kit, how do you make sure your car's battery doesn't get discharged when camera is working 24x7 even on parked vehicle?

I am buying a car soon and would like to get a camera installed on it ASAP but not at ridiculous prices. I have installed the A129 Duo (1080p on both cameras) in my brother's car.

Last edited by raksrules : 29th October 2021 at 12:32.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 12:31   #3611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys, I have a Viofo A119 that I have been using for the last 4 years. Now I have exhausted all the windshield mounts. Is there a way I can source these from somewhere in India? I will prefer the same 3M glue mounts.*SNIP*
I just messaged the distributor and this is what he sent me: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07BR63R6G/...87FE1GQEE9WARS

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 12:48   #3612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I just messaged the distributor and this is what he sent me: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07BR63R6G/...87FE1GQEE9WARS

Cheers
This is super useful. I think this will help if I can reuse plastic holder.
Old 29th October 2021, 16:59   #3613
BHPian

Hi! I don't want to mess around with the wiring and stiff associated with the dashcam installation. Is there any dashcam that just requires USB power and nothing else?

Also, can I instead use an old phone as a dashcam? What would be the pros and cons?
Old 29th October 2021, 17:26   #3614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Is there any dashcam that just requires USB power and nothing else?
Almost all dashcams can work off power from a USB charger. Use a 2 port USB charger and wire the dashcam and you are all set to go, there is no need to hardwire using a fusetap. I have been using this setup in my car for the last 5 years as I have just been too lazy to install a fusetap

IMO, an old phone will just occupy too much space on the winshield and will only be a lot more clunkier to use. You will need to turn on phone, app etc. and I am not sure if there are many apps there that come with the feature set that is available in entry level dashcams today. Also the field of view for a dashcam is wider as compared to a phone camera.
procrj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 17:31   #3615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Almost all dashcams can work off power from a USB charger. Use a 2 port USB charger and wire the dashcam and you are all set to go, there is no need to hardwire using a fusetap. I have been using this setup in my car for the last 5 years as I have just been too lazy to install a fusetap
Hey! Thanks for the prompt reply man!
Can you suggest some or the one you have? I want to have one in my car ASAP.

Thank you again!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks