Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2022, 11:46   #3736
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
We have a DDPai Mola N3 on one of our cars with 128GB memory card. I am using app on iPhone 12 to access videos stored on dash cam. After every few days it stops showing past videos in iPhone app in history and live view screen. It works fine for few days if i format it. I am at loss to understand this behavior.
Do you mean the past videos on dashcam SD card? It automatically gets overwritten in FIFO mode. Unless you download those videos to your mobile, you won't be able to watch those past videos. For my Z40 I can download 3 minutes length videos maximum. The emergency 10 seconds videos & images get automatically downloaded to mobile once connected.

Then I can watch those videos through the DDPAI app installed on mobile, local album option under "me". Attaching one screenshot of the App local album.

I use Android phone.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_20220105114429.png  

RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 09:12   #3737
Senior - BHPian

Anybody bought Xiaomi Mi Dashcam 1S and installed in their vehicle? Any review/feedback of the performance. Currently selling for 6k, the specs look good.

https://dashcameras.in/product/mi-dash-cam-1s/

I had a Yi camera in my earlier car and it was a VFM (had got it from Aliexpress), was very happy with the performance.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-xiaomimijiacardvrcamerablack1571981204367.jpg  

Old 6th January 2022, 13:02   #3738
M35
BHPian

Has anybody installed the Pioneer VREC-100CH? I am thinking of getting one of these on me Yeti!
Old 6th January 2022, 15:10   #3739
BHPian

Came across this interesting announcement. Kind of comes close to Tesla's sentry mode.

The Nextbase iQ is a Google Nest-style dash cam with clever AI smarts

Quote:
If you’ve been looking for a cloud-connected dash cam that combines 4K recording with Google Nest-style security features, the Nextbase iQ could be your next big car upgrade. The iQ will be a triple-camera setup that can record both inside and outside your vehicle. The view in front will be recorded in 4K, while the rear and cabin views will be in 1440p. But this all-seeing eye’s special sauce will be its new AI-powered features, including ‘Spatial Awareness’ (for recording incidents when you’re away from the car) and ‘Roadwatch AI’, which will be able to monitor the speed and trajectories of other vehicles
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 00:49   #3740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post
Hi all,
Today was my first scheduled service for my Honda City and the SA denied to do the hardwiring of my dashcam, He also said not to get it done at FNG as it will void the warranty of the vehicle.

Any owners that can confirm this? Or is it just Honda that denies any accessories to be fitted into the fuse box?
I checked with the Honda dealer here in Pune as well. They will not do the fitment themselves. Regarding warranty, only the particular part/component which shares the same fuse as the aftermarket fitment will not be covered under warranty.
satyakidas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 01:00   #3741

Newbie question here. Has anyone tried to power the dashcam with a battery pack for parking mode? Would that work..
Old 7th January 2022, 09:18   #3742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyakidas View Post
Newbie question here. Has anyone tried to power the dashcam with a battery pack for parking mode? Would that work..
I am using a 20 AH power bank. My dashcam is 5+ yrs hold and the powerbank lasts about 24 hrs.
vinu_h is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 12:01   #3743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Came across this interesting announcement. Kind of comes close to Tesla's sentry mode.

The Nextbase iQ is a Google Nest-style dash cam with clever AI smarts
Anything "cloud-connected" is a security and privacy nightmare.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 12:04   #3744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Anything "cloud-connected" is a security and privacy nightmare.
Living in a cave is the only option left then. Even diapers have sensors today
vinu_h is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 21:06   #3745

Quote:
I am using a 20 AH power bank. My dashcam is 5+ yrs hold and the powerbank lasts about 24 hrs.
I installed a DDPAI Mini today, and used an old power bank (10000 mAh) in lieu of hardwiring.
Parking mode works for about 1.5 hours before the power bank shuts down automatically. Need to get a new power bank with trickle function. Other than this hiccup, using this method, we should be able to retain car warranty and avoid the hassle of hardwiring.
Bought a suction holder as well to switch between vehicles.
Am now searching for a budget dashcam with livestream option for my EcoSport (Someone in my society block had scratched my new vehicle, need to be vigilant as a result).
satyakidas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 22:18   #3746
BHPian

People using power bank to power dashcam when car is parked, aren't you worried about the power bank battery being over heated and potentially catching fire as the car would be in hot environment and we all know inside of car becomes even more hot.
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 23:11   #3747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
aren't you worried about the power bank battery being over heated and potentially catching fire as the car would be in hot environment and we all know inside of car becomes even more hot.
One must be really careful when a power bank is left inside a car, particularly need to ensure that it is not exposed to sun/heat. Also, is the power bank getting heated up when dashcam is drawing power for extended duration?

One power bank explosion incident was documented here (Insurance claim after Powerbank explodes inside a car?).
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 09:40   #3748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
People using power bank to power dashcam when car is parked, aren't you worried about the power bank battery being over heated and potentially catching fire as the car would be in hot environment and we all know inside of car becomes even more hot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
One power bank explosion incident was documented here (Insurance claim after Powerbank explodes inside a car?).
In my case, the pipe is big while the draw is just a trickle. It would only overheat when you draw large currents from it, 18W fast charge and so on. Airline folks are fine with me carrying it and that's reason enough for me to not worry about using it in my car.

Last edited by vinu_h : 10th January 2022 at 09:45.
vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 14:16   #3749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Airline folks are fine with me carrying it and that's reason enough for me to not worry about using it in my car.
Airlines allow to carry power banks only in hand baggage, so that if there is fire, people will notice it sooner. When a power bank is left inside a car to power a dashcam, people may not be around all the time.
airbus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 16:19   #3750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Airlines allow to carry power banks only in hand baggage, so that if there is fire, people will notice it sooner. When a power bank is left inside a car to power a dashcam, people may not be around all the time.
Exactly.
Additionally, even if say the power bank is not connected to anything and nothing is drawing any power from it, still in a hot car, the battery can get heated and even catch fire.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks