Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2022, 15:17   #3886
Sen
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
There is a chance it may not work and 70mai or nexdigitron would not help with the issue.

Amazon listing changes hence link is not working. Search "Samsung EVO Plus 256GB sd card" in amazon. Price varies from 2100~2500. Main issue with sd card is its not refundable; only replacement if it does not work at all.
This is exactly why I changed my mind and got a different 128 gig memory card before my package arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
@sen. Do the high capacity 256 GB cards work on Dash Cams?
Guess I won't be able to confirm after all. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Sachin's Auto Shop in Koramangala is a good place, had got good service there before.
Going in for an install today. By independent means, I selected the same auto accessories place, thanks for the additional recommendation!
Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 07:19   #3887
Senior - BHPian

If the technical spec mentions 'supports upto 128 Gig' I wouldn't put a 256 Gig card in. It might recognize in few cases but read/write speeds get slower (As per feedback from user forums)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen View Post
Guess I won't be able to confirm after all. Sorry about that.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 09:46   #3888
Senior - BHPian

My friend has bought 70mai pro plus+ for his Tata Altroz but needs some guidance on the wire routing (for 12v regular connection). Online reviews are not exactly helpful so if anyone here in the forum has installed a front dashcam on Altroz, I'd appreciate some feedback about wiring route (pictures would be great)

Otherwise I'd suggest him to get help from a professional as he is nervous about fiddling with his brand new car.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 22nd March 2022 at 09:48.
Old 22nd March 2022, 12:39   #3889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Sachin's Auto Shop in Koramangala is a good place, had got good service there before.
By independent means, I selected the same auto accessories place, thanks for the additional recommendation!
Thanks for the reco. How long does it take for them to install the dashcam and how crowded is the place? Also if you have a contact phone number of the place please share.
Old 22nd March 2022, 13:55   #3890
Sen
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Thanks for the reco. How long does it take for them to install the dashcam and how crowded is the place? Also if you have a contact phone number of the place please share.
I'm there right now. It's a small-ish shop, not crowded at all. Dashcam install will take north of 30 minutes, approx. 45-60 minutes is my best guess.

I found their number on Google - 08041104109

Last edited by Sen : 22nd March 2022 at 13:59. Reason: Additional info
Sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 18:58   #3891
BHPian

Installed 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam in my Rapid on Saturday. Using Samsung EVO Plus 128GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 100MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD.

Got it in Amazon and took it to an accessory shop nearby. I was confident about wiring, but was concerned about opening the A-Pillar and how the wiring will pass through to the rear. Hence had to visit the shop - a bad decision.

Bad Decision because
  1. The person did not have experience I feel. He was about to stick the camera to windshield without the electrostatic sticker. Stopped him on time and made him clean the windshield and use the electrostatic sticker. Even then there are bubbles in it
  2. He was not aware of the hardwiring kit. He first connected both the wires to fuse which give power only in turning on the key. Purpose of hardwire kit defeated.
  3. After my interference, he gave both vcc and acc to direct fuse. Again an issue

I was fed up and took the car home. Armed with a multi-meter, I myself changed the connections to fuse the following day and it is working perfectly now. The camera goes into Parking Surveillance mode once I turn off the key.

vcc - to be connected to the fuse where the power is available even if we turn off key
acc - connect to any fuse which powers when key is turned on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
My friend has bought 70mai pro plus+ for his Tata Altroz but needs some guidance on the wire routing (for 12v regular connection). Online reviews are not exactly helpful so if anyone here in the forum has installed a front dashcam on Altroz, I'd appreciate some feedback about wiring route (pictures would be great)
I can provide details, but need some time, probably by weekend?

Last edited by narsi_6989 : 22nd March 2022 at 19:03. Reason: quoting another member
narsi_6989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 19:05   #3892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
He was about to stick the camera to windshield without the electrostatic sticker. Stopped him on time and made him clean the windshield and use the electrostatic sticker. Even then there are bubbles in it

I have the same dashcam and I got my car delivered just 2 days back and I am going to self install it (no hardwire kit). I too have the electrostatic stickers. What is the purpose of those and to install the dashcam unit on windshield, should I paste the transparent sticker first and then install mount on the sticker? If yes then why?
Old 22nd March 2022, 19:55   #3893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I have the same dashcam and I got my car delivered just 2 days back and I am going to self install it (no hardwire kit).
I went with hardwire kit since my car is out of warranty and also I need parking surveillance. With regular connection to the 12v charger, parking surveillance will not be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I too have the electrostatic stickers. What is the purpose of those and to install the dashcam unit on windshield, should I paste the transparent sticker first and then install mount on the sticker? If yes then why?
Multiple online sources state that the stickers are used for clean installation and by using the static sticker, there will be no residual marks and cleaning troubles when we want to remove the mount.
narsi_6989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 17:30   #3894

I bought a brand new 70mai A800s, got it connected to the 12V socket. I felt the collision sensitivity is not calibrated for Indian road conditions. Even at the 'Low' setting, it triggers multiple times in a trip, I had to turn it completely off.

Is it the same for everyone, or its a problem the hardware I got, or am I driving too rough?
Old 23rd March 2022, 18:13   #3895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopelias View Post
Is it the same for everyone, or its a problem the hardware I got, or am I driving too rough?
I use A500s and it’s the same. It starts recording an emergency video most of the times I drive over a rough patch/small pothole even with the lowest sensitivity setting.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 11:59   #3896
BHPian

I am going to purchase my first dashcam for my Honda City. I'm looking within a budget of Rs.5k. I've narrowed it down to 70mai 1s(1080p) and 70mai M300(1296p) These both are almost same but the M300 has better video quality since the website states it is HD. We do highway drives rarely and use the car for city errands most of the time. Can you guys please suggest a better option than these ones?
Old 27th March 2022, 15:29   #3897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
You should definitely invest in the cpl filter for the front cam atleast as it improves the footage quality by reducing the glare a lot. I ordered one for myself and the initial impression was just WOW. Attaching a before and after pic for reference
Thanks buddy. I did install the cpl filter and voilà.. the glare from white dashboard and deity idol has reduced significantly

Last edited by libranof1987 : 16th September 2023 at 20:55. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 16:59   #3898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sachin's Auto Shop in Koramangala
Quote:
I found their number on Google - 08041104109
Can those who visited Sachin's please answer this question for me? I was planning to go there yesterday, but when I called them in advance they said they will only do the installation and wanted me to bring the hardwire kit. Is this correct?

My dashcams came only with USB-USB (type A to type B) cables, not hardwire kits.

To be clear - when I say hardwire kit I mean this sort of thing: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B096FCHDZR/. I want the dashcam to be hooked to the passenger compartment fuse box and be power-controlled along with the ignition just like everything else in the car.
Old 27th March 2022, 23:01   #3899
BHPian

Quote:
they said they will only do the installation and wanted me to bring the hardwire kit. Is this correct?

Yes, dashcam hardware kit may not be available with accessories shops, so you have to buy it before going for installation.

Quote:
To be clear - when I say hardwire kit I mean this sort of thing:

... I want the dashcam to be hooked to the passenger compartment fuse box and be power-controlled along with the ignition just like everything else in the car.
Yes this is correct. Note that each brand may need their own hardwire kit for full functionality like parking surveillance. E.g. 70mai, they need their own branded hardwire kit for parking surveillance to work. So order according to your dashcam brand's compatibility. There may be generic one which would work how you described.
dipdawiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 10:38   #3900
Distinguished - BHPian

Purchased and installed the 70mai M300 dashcam.

It is a decent entry level dashcam which meets my picture quality requirements. The CPL filter is a very useful accessory.

I noticed a rattling noise from the camera. Like something loose rattling inside the camera. After some investigating, realized it is the camera on/off button which is the cause of the noise. I put a tape over the button and the noise went off. Just a tip for users of this cam incase they face this issue.
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks