Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2022, 18:42   #3856
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashishkel View Post
Hi, i have the old model https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07NPNK54Z/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

In your opinion, will the filter work just the same with this also?
So I sent a note to the nextdigitron and they did confirmed that it works with the older pro models.
Have ordered this product.
https://www.nexdigitron.com/collecti...lter-for-a500s
Old 7th March 2022, 09:50   #3857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
No, this works only for Left-hand drive vehicles. Any 3-way dashcam will only work that way, they do not cater to Commonwwealth countries.

These cams are commonly known as taxi-cams or Uber-cams because they record the cabin to provide evidence and safety for the driver; and they also cater to recording any interactions when stopped by the police - and that's why they swivel to the Left front window and not to the Right.

So, if your idea is to record the cabin and passengers, these cams are absolutely fine even for India.

Cheers
Update: I was corrected by the folks from Viofo India saying that the cabin-view lens does rotate 90-degrees and that it is useful not just for taxis.

I was also informed that to cater to commonwealth countries, the dashcam can indeed be mounted upside down on the windscreen; and that the software automagically flip the video right-way up.

I was also informed that Hong-Kong follows the same conventions as India and that the camera is being used there extensively.

Cheers
tilt is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 15:04   #3858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
So I sent a note to the nextdigitron and they did confirmed that it works with the older pro models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashishkel View Post
Hi, i have the old model ...

In your opinion, will the filter work just the same with this also?
As D'Ro@dSt@r mentioned, it would work with 7mai Pro (also mentioned in the product details page).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen View Post
Apparently does (with the A500s anyway!), also vouched for by the post above mine.
Yes using my 70mai Pro plus+ with Samsung 256GB sd card, as Sandisk is discouraged by 70mai and feedback for Strontium is not good. My friend use it with Transcend Endurance sd card in his 70mai Pro plus, that too works. Each 3 minutes front video @1944p HVEC mp4 format takes up approx. 500mb and 1080p back takes approx. 200mb. If no photo or emergency video saved, then around 16 hours of video gets saved. I was also skeptical as officially website says it supports only up to 128GB, but after couple of confirmation from 70mai user forum took a leap of faith, it worked.

Backup solution
Those want to keep backup of all videos (for multiple days' recordings in a long trip) and interested in DIY; can use a sweet little app for Raspberry Pi. Its called Little Backup Box.

I use a Raspberry Pi4 2GB model repurposed (at home use it for other home automation purpose) while on a trip to use this app along with a USB3 1TB WD passport. If you want to spend some money for a permanent solution for all your on the go backup, get a SSD and dedicated Raspberry Pi 4 (suggesting Pi 4 as it has USB3 ports for faster copy). You can make it more portable with 1tb or multiple pen drives for different backups.

If you are familiar with Raspberry PI/Linux etc., its easy to install and use. It saves you from carrying a laptop and copy manually. No need to connect to any monitor or no keyboard/mouse. Just power up the Pi, connect destination HDD/SSD (or pen drive) in one USB port of Pi, give 5 sec, connect source sd card. It starts auto backup to appropriate folder without overriding old files (creates a folder for each sd card). Once backup completes, it auto shutdown.

And moreover its not only to backup dashcam footage; use this solution for camera backup (mainly those uses DSLR). With Pi4 USB3 its fast to backup. 256GB(238GB actual) backup takes around 2~3 odd hours to be copied from dashcam sd card to WD passport.
dipdawiz is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 19:18   #3859
BHPian

I had purchased a dashcam around 4 yrs back and installed it on my Dzire. I sold it now. Though I tried to remove the dashcam holder from windshield , but it broke with half stuck on windshield. I have the dashcam now, but don't have a holder. Anyone has any idea where i can get a holder for my dashcam. I have attached a pic.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-whatsapp-image-20220307-7.13.17-pm.jpeg

Its slot type. I checked online and all the holders are for different dashcams.

Regards,
Rajeev
Old 7th March 2022, 19:51   #3860
Senior - BHPian

Hello folks,
I am in the market for a dashcam for Creta and need some expert advise. I am just looking for a front cam to record videos during drives. Looking for a model which can provide hassle free experience. I'm OK to spend up to 8k or so. Not looking for hardwiring as of now but will need expert help for installation to keep wires hidden as much as possible. I do not need a display and prefer a more sleeker version.

Would appreciate if someone can suggest a model and where can I get it fitted in Bangalore (around Whitefield).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 7th March 2022 at 20:04.
Old 7th March 2022, 20:51   #3861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Hello folks,
I am in the market for a dashcam for Creta and need some expert advise. I am just looking for a front cam to record videos during drives. Looking for a model which can provide hassle free experience. I'm OK to spend up to 8k or so. Not looking for hardwiring as of now but will need expert help for installation to keep wires hidden as much as possible. I do not need a display and prefer a more sleeker version.

Would appreciate if someone can suggest a model and where can I get it fitted in Bangalore (around Whitefield).
Suggest to go with DDPAI Mola N3. Small footprint without display but has gps logging, within your budget. Just for your info, the GPS data does not overlay on the video and can only be seen on companion mobile App. However it overlay the speed on the video though. It has CPL filter as accessory.

If GPS is not a requirement for you, can go for any lower versions from DDPAI or 70mai; they are all 1080p resolution and they all are similar in build quality, performance.

If you want GPS data (GPS coordinate to be overlaid on video along with speed), go for "70mai Pro plus+" single channel dashcam.

In any of the above dashcam, check for CPL filter availability, as from the posts above in this thread you can see the benefit of a CPL in most cases.

For concealed installation, if you want full concealed look, you have to use hardwire kit. Else you can route your wire through front roof lining to passenger/driver side A pillar, through A pillar weather seal till side of dashboard, behind the dash (or behind the glove box if taken from passenger side), then some part of the wire would be exposed when you bring the wire to front to plug it into 12v socket. You can use clips like this link to clean wire installation for the exposed part.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 7th March 2022 at 20:52.
dipdawiz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 09:03   #3862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevyes View Post
I had purchased a dashcam around 4 yrs back and installed it on my Dzire. I sold it now. Though I tried to remove the dashcam holder from windshield , but it broke with half stuck on windshield. I have the dashcam now, but don't have a holder. Anyone has any idea where i can get a holder for my dashcam. I have attached a pic.

Attachment 2281461

Its slot type. I checked online and all the holders are for different dashcams.

Regards,
Rajeev
Which model dashcam is this? If it is viofo A119/ A119s, I have a spare holder lying idle with me.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 09:30   #3863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Which model dashcam is this? If it is viofo A119/ A119s, I have a spare holder lying idle with me.
Thanks for the response sandsun7.

Its not Viofo, its some chinese dashcam (A118C ) I had purchased on Aliexpress.

Here is the link

Can you share the pic of your holder, i can confirm if it fits.
Old 8th March 2022, 11:29   #3864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevyes View Post
Thanks for the response sandsun7.

Its not Viofo, its some chinese dashcam (A118C ) I had purchased on Aliexpress.

Here is the link

Can you share the pic of your holder, i can confirm if it fits.
The holder in one of the pics in that link does look similar. but don't know if they are of the same size. I will PM you my number, if you could reply to that, will share the pic of the viofo's holder today evening.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 12:33   #3865
BHPian

Hello DDPai users,
How is the iOS App stability/usage of DDPAI ? I am looking to buy a Mola N3 and amazon reviews complain about very poor stability of iOS App.

Also does 70mai have a decent ioS app? Any inputs will be helpful.
Old 8th March 2022, 13:02   #3866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Suggest to go with
This is awesome and precisely what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

Looks like 70mai Pro plus will make more sense for my requirements. Although DIY looks reasonably simple, I am still not fully confident. Trying to find out reliable reference near Whitefield in Bangalore.

Spoke to Drift accessories shop in Ramagondanahalli-Varthur road and he is willing to install whichever way I prefer (although I am only looking for regular concealed installation via 12v socket). Does anyone has experience with this shop?

Other option is to try with Hyundai ASS but it is little far for me and they were not too excited about just installation due to their busy schedule. Anyway, if nothing else works out, I plan to go with them.

About the 70mai Pro plus, I have a question about the utility of display since most likely I am planning to mount behind the IRVM unit. If display is not visible or accessible, is it an issue ? How does one edit settings if it is out of sight (does setting from phone app work seamlessly and preferred) ?

Last edited by Aditya : 8th March 2022 at 19:50. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 10th March 2022, 05:45   #3867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baala View Post
1. 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam

Can I get some reference on a good shop where I can get it installed.
!
I am also considering this model. Where did you get it installed from? Did you go for hard wiring or regular? How is your experience with the video quality and viewing /transfer of data? Which SD card did you go for?

Note to mods: please merge this to my previous post as I am unable to edit. Sorry for back to back posts.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 10th March 2022 at 05:48.
Old 10th March 2022, 12:28   #3868
Distinguished - BHPian

Users of DDPAI Mola N3 dashcam, I see some complaints that because of the mount design, driving over bad roads causes the camera to vibrate and subsequently the video also is shaky. How bad is the issue? Does the video vibrate even when driving over broken patches that we encounter on highways which we usually do not slow down on?
Old 10th March 2022, 13:00   #3869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
This is awesome and precisely what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

Looks like 70mai Pro plus will make more sense for my requirements. Although DIY looks reasonably simple, I am still not fully confident. Trying to find out reliable reference near Whitefield in Bangalore.

Spoke to Drift accessories shop in Ramagondanahalli-Varthur road and he is willing to install whichever way I prefer (although I am only looking for regular concealed installation via 12v socket). Does anyone has experience with this shop?
Buddy, it is very simple process of mounting it. I did mounted it with concealing the wire under head liner, take it to the A-pillar(passenger side), inside the glove box and then to the cigarette lighter slot near the dash.
Did this process for my old i20 and then moved it to creta.
I can help you to get this done
We can meet somewhere, i stay near sarjapur road.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 14:22   #3870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post

Not sure about 70mai M300 dashcam; those using 70mai A500 or 500s can use up to 256gb Samsung sd card. Using it in my dual channel dash cam, no issues so far; and can record 16 hours of footage in full resolution of both the channels.
Does the 256 gb card work on 70mai pro plus? Their website description recommendeds only upto 128gb. Also, the link to the Samsung card you shared is not working for me. Can you please share again?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks