Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2021, 23:37   #3706
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post
...Or is it just Honda that denies any accessories to be fitted into the fuse box?...
It is a delicate issue. Technically you have not cut or spliced any wires, but it is not a plug-and-play either (based on who you ask). Dealers and manufacturers will always try to deny any liability for your actions, and going ahead with such acts will only make it easier for them to blame you for every fault.

If you are unsure, sell off the hardwire kit and buy an OBDII to USB kit to power your dashcam as an alternative to the to the USB charger. Sometimes, the OBDII option also enables the parking mode.

It would be helpful if members can point out where one can source OBDII to USB Micro kit for dashcam for a reasonable cost now that AliExpress and likes are not available to us.
UPS_Guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 17:24   #3707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
But then, do you keep the backups on your laptop of the entire trip? Or do you go through the videos, select and choose which one to keep?

My dashcam doesnt let me downgrade from 1920*1440, so am stuck with around 11 hours I guess, maybe turning off the audio will help, will know in a few days.

Keeping the video as a record is a problem I am looking at now. Honestly, there is quite a lot of footage of normal driving about only.
Well, I had tried to check if switching off the audio will save some space and give more footage time, sadly, it doesnt. Including the automatic "Events" captured, along with normal routine video, the total footage available is worth 11 hours only.
I have started making stitched videos of only the events folders on a weekly basis and uploading on youtube. The mmc will get ruined soon due to the repeated handling of it, but as of now, am seeing no other options.

If someone has worked out a method to quickly unload the dashcam footage on a weekly basis or so, please do let me know, I shall be much thankful to you.

Cheers!
Old 5th December 2021, 00:06   #3708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Does anyone know how much legitimate is this website for viofo dashcams and more importantly when did Viofo officially launch in India ?
Not sure when they launched but the website is definitely legit. If you go to Viofo's official website, Viofo.in is listed as the authorised seller for India.

Mr. Vijaykumar, who's the proprietor, is very supportive as well. You can find his contact on this thread or message on the India website. He can probably give more details on the authenticity, when it was launched etc.

I bought one from them recently. Would definitely recommend. Please note that they also sell on Amazon under the name "Vijay Sales". However, I felt it was best to place the order directly.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 00:24   #3709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the SA denied to do the hardwiring of my dashcam, He also said not to get it done at FNG as it will void the warranty of the vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
Technically you have not cut or spliced any wires, but it is not a plug-and-play either (based on who you ask).
Speaking strictly on technical reasoning : any additional electrical load, beyond already provisioned (including accessory sockets) by the manufacturer, is not permitted. One may give any reasoning, like it's only minor load or all loads are not switched ON simultaneously, but manufacturers use these add-ons by customer as ways to wiggle out of liability / responsibility. That too when they themselves offer/approve accessories (additional loads) only if those are fitted by 'trained technicians at the authorized dealers'.

In my case, I replaced two cabin lamp bulbs (T10, 5W x 2) with two LEDs (T10, 1W x 2), and it was entered in record by service advisor as unapproved fitment. Even though I showed him the specs and explained that the load has infact reduced by 8W.

IIRC, in USA, there's a law which mandates manufacturer to prove that the said modification actually affected the particular functionality/ part before denying warranty for that functionality / part. Yet most customers are not aware of that or not able to drag manufacturers to court to enforce it.

In India, might is right.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 5th December 2021 at 00:30.
Old 5th December 2021, 08:19   #3710
BHPian

Quote:
Any owners that can confirm this? Or is it just Honda that denies any accessories to be fitted into the fuse box?
I can confirm that Mahindra doesn't void warranty for hardwiring dashcams, if done with fusetaps. I checked with the service managers in Bangalore and Trivandrum as well. Both of them were quite aware of fusetaps and said that warranty will not be voided.

I did this as a DIY project and the service manager from Bangalore even helped me out via call to answer some queries on fuses, how to find the load line etc. They also have an accessories technician in one of their service centers who'd fix it for us if we bring accessories to them.

I'm just surprised that Honda doesn't allow. Please check with other Honda owners in your city.
Old 5th December 2021, 10:44   #3711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Hello BHPians,

*SNIP*

Does anyone know how much legitimate is this website for viofo dashcams and more importantly when did Viofo officially launch in India ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I do not know when they "launched" in India; but viofo.in are reliable and legit. They are not Viofo per se; they are the authorised distributors for Viofo in India.

*SNIP*
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
*SNIP*
Mr. Vijaykumar, who's the proprietor, is very supportive as well. You can find his contact on this thread or message on the India website. He can probably give more details on the authenticity, when it was launched etc.

I bought one from them recently. Would definitely recommend. *SNIP*
I am here to write about another very positive experience I am in the process of having right now with viofo.in and Mr. Vijaykumar.

My A129 Plus Duo has been having issues with Wifi - I could never connect the cam to my iPhone (the iOS app sucks, which is a completely different story for later); plus I started getting AP Wifi Error in the camera.

I tried all the various solutions offered by Viofo Support (USA, not India); and none of them worked.

So, I contacted Mr. Vijay two days ago. He immediately told me that this was a recent issue; and one that is already known to Viofo; and that he would send me a replacement unit for the front camera at no cost to me. Said replacement is in transit as I write this.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 14:55   #3712
BHPian

Need final verdict from people here. I am confused which one of the 2 dual channel dash cams to buy.
Option 1: DDPAI Z40 GPS Dual Channel
Option 2: Voifo A129 Duo Dual Channel

Both are capacitor ones and I would prefer capacitor one instead of battery. The price difference is almost double between the two so common sense would say go for DDPAI due to cost alone but these relatively pricey dashcams are something we expect to work whenever our car is on and expect it to work for several years.

Help me make a decision. If you have a 3rd option (non viofo), those too are welcome.
Old 7th December 2021, 16:16   #3713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi there... quoting my earlier post since I have a non-GPS model. When I am away from home, the app does not connect to the camera. Any help?
Thanks.
Quoting my own post.
The app refuses to connect to dashcam. I have disconnected the app and now plan to use SD card reader to view files on my laptop.
This is the last non-screen dashcam I am buying, enough of this app business.
Old 7th December 2021, 17:54   #3714
BHPian

Team,
I plan to get VIOFO A129 PRO DUO fitted onto my Harrier XZA.
I do not trust my DIY skills, especially on electrical / electronics.
Can someone suggest me any dependable installer in the vicinity of Electronic city Bangalore ?

Cheers
Old 7th December 2021, 18:03   #3715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling_Stock View Post
Team,
I plan to get VIOFO A129 PRO DUO fitted onto my Harrier XZA.
I do not trust my DIY skills, especially on electrical / electronics.
Can someone suggest me any dependable installer in the vicinity of Electronic city Bangalore ?

Cheers
If you do not want to hardwire, it is easy to do yourself but hardwire, I am not sure and better to get it done outside.
Old 8th December 2021, 11:04   #3716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Need final verdict from people here. I am confused which one of the 2 dual channel dash cams to buy.

Both are capacitor ones and I would prefer capacitor one instead of battery. The price difference is almost double between the two so common sense would say go for DDPAI due to cost alone but these relatively pricey dashcams are something we expect to work whenever our car is on and expect it to work for several years.

Help me make a decision. If you have a 3rd option (non viofo), those too are welcome.
I use the Viofo A129 Plus Duo and I am happy with it (and the support/service) so far. I have never used a DPPAI, so I cannot comment on that.

However, upon casual reading I see that the DDPAI can handle a max of 128GB SD storage while the Viofo handles 256GB.

So, if storage capacity is important to you, then the Viofo would be the obvious choice.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 20:59   #3717

Hi,
I would like to buy new Dash cam (front / rear) recording for My new HOnda city ZX. Earlier for my jazz I had got one from aliexpress (old data lost). I would like to buy camera w/o battery and can have capacitor to avoid over heating since I do park outside.

Using hardwire will void the warranty ?

Any good referrence of car accessories of such (nexdigitron - online for 70ami/DDPAI) and fix ?

TIA.

Pardon if question is repeated:)
Old 9th December 2021, 17:23   #3718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post

BTW, I also have been informed that Viofo has something called True Motion Detection and also Buffered Parking Mode. Apparently no other cameras have anything resemblking these two capabilities.

I do not use parking mode at all, so I cannot personally vouch for these, but hey, they seem to be there FWIW.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 17:35   #3719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahantesh.g2909 View Post
Hi,
I would like to buy new Dash cam (front / rear) recording for My new HOnda city ZX. Earlier for my jazz I had got one from aliexpress (old data lost). I would like to buy camera w/o battery and can have capacitor to avoid over heating since I do park outside.

Using hardwire will void the warranty ?

Any good referrence of car accessories of such (nexdigitron - online for 70ami/DDPAI) and fix ?

TIA.

Pardon if question is repeated
Your requirement is same as mine except I am not interested in hardwiring. Please be aware that from whatever information I have gathered, in India, we have only 2 options for dual channel dashcams with capacitor. One is Voifo and another is DDPAI.

The 70MAI is battery based and hence I removed it from my list. I am myself confused between the two and due to Voifo being almost double the price of DDPAI, I am leaning towards the DDPAI more.
Old 9th December 2021, 17:44   #3720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
I recently ordered a CPL filter for 70mai camera from the site.
Thanks for sharing this info. I didn’t know it’s available on Nexdigitron. I’m also looking for a CPL filter for my A500s.

Could you please share your experience with the CPL filter? I want to get rid of the dashboard reflections but I read somewhere that the CPL filter affects the night vision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks