Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2021, 21:53   #3721
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post
Hi all,
I have purchased 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S dashcam with the hardwire cable kit. So far the camera works fine, I have not yet connected it to the fuse box as I'm not sure about my capabilities of wiring it all together. Now my question is, I have my scheduled service coming up soon and I was wondering if the Honda ASS will be able to connect it all together or I will have to go to a FNG to get it connected?
I'm thinking of getting it. Can you confirm what's the maximum micro sd card it can support. Is it 128GB or 64GB only and how satisfied are you with this product.
Old 10th December 2021, 23:26   #3722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I'm thinking of getting it. Can you confirm what's the maximum micro sd card it can support. Is it 128GB or 64GB only and how satisfied are you with this product.
I can confirm it supports up to 128GB as I'm using the same dashcam with a 128GB SD card. It's mentioned in the specs as well. Also, I think you can find quite a few A500s related discussions in this thread as I was also part of a few (page 243)
robincsamuel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 10:23   #3723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I'm currently using a Samsung 128GB SD card and so far it works fine. I'd suggest you to go for a higher size memory card if you want to use the parking surveillance function.

About the dashcam, it's been working well so far with the only annoying issue being the 70mai app which for some reason refuses to connect with my mobile. I keep a SD card to OTG adapter with me when I'm driving in case I need to pull out footage immediately. The only serious drawback I see is it has a Lithium Ion battery and when temperatures go up to 40°C in Mumbai it can be a matter of concern and the camera tends to get hot. You can solve this by either covering your car or parking it at a shaded area.
Stimpy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 00:26   #3724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Has anyone tried hardwiring a dashcam in a new (or pre-facelift) Jeep Compass? I am planning to do it over the weekend. Is there anything specific I need to keep in mind? It will be an old dash cam from my earlier car.
Did you manage to install the dashcam in the new Jeep ? I am sceptical to hardwire a dashcam in the car since it may void my warranty ?
Old 12th December 2021, 08:08   #3725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
Did you manage to install the dashcam in the new Jeep ? I am sceptical to hardwire a dashcam in the car since it may void my warranty ?
Nope not yet. I was busy shifting to Gurgaon but now that I am here, I am willing to explore a bit. I don’t want to hard wire either. Don’t think it’s a good idea to mess up the electrical wires in a Jeep.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 13:34   #3726
BHPian

I have a question, I'm considering the 70Mai Pro+ A500S.. is this better than the DDPAI options? My requirement is only for forward facing + GPS with vehicle information captured.

Also is there any issue if purchased from Amazon or from nexdigitron? My only consideration is I need it by the coming week latest. (with Amazon that would not be an issue)

Since this is my first dashcam purchase, any advice is welcome.
Old 13th December 2021, 08:13   #3727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
...I'm considering the 70Mai Pro+ A500S.. is this better than the DDPAI options? ...Also is there any issue if purchased from Amazon or from nexdigitron?...
Between 70mail and DDPAI, the differences are minor and you need to compare them in detail to see what works for your needs. Whether you buy from Amazon or Nexdigitron, the seller and the speed of delivery are the same. Check out both options and see where it costs less for you.
UPS_Guru is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 08:17   #3728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
Between 70mail and DDPAI, the differences are minor and you need to compare them in detail to see what works for your needs. Whether you buy from Amazon or Nexdigitron, the seller and the speed of delivery are the same. Check out both options and see where it costs less for you.
Thanks for the feedback. I spent more time looking at the differences and I think the ddpai image quality marginally edges out the 70mai, plus the differences with supercapacitor and li-ion battery usage. The z40 might actually be my pick now. The absolute pick is the mini 5 for sure but at nearly 11,000/- it's a bit much. Also only has 64gb of non expandable memory. So there are a few trade-offs with each model.
Vandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 22:23   #3729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
I have a question, I'm considering the 70Mai Pro+ A500S.. is this better than the DDPAI options? My requirement is only for forward facing + GPS with vehicle information captured.

Also is there any issue if purchased from Amazon or from nexdigitron? My only consideration is I need it by the coming week latest. (with Amazon that would not be an issue)

Since this is my first dashcam purchase, any advice is welcome.
I got my first dashcam the A500S and have used it for one day only so I don't have enough experience to give you a proper suggestion but all I can say is for the price the A500S does the job. The video quality could have been better but then again some reviews say the 4k models don't have adequate quality as well. If you are like me and want a dashcam to record incidents only in case of a mishap then A500S will do just fine. For anything better go for Blackvue and the likes for higher price.
Carpainter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 13:47   #3730
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

What's the advantage of having GPS in a dashcam?
nidhikapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 23:03   #3731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
What's the advantage of having GPS in a dashcam?
In an event the video is shared as a proof the coordinates prove that your vehicle was present at that location at that particular time and it was not a hoax.
Old 31st December 2021, 18:32   #3732
BHPian

I am looking for a budget dash camera for my Tiago and have almost finalized on DDPAI Mini over 70mai Smart Dash Cam 1S. Personally there wasn't much to differentiate between the two and the choice was ultimately driven by the price difference.

While the seller on Amazon is Nexdigitron, the camera is listed at a lower price on their official website. Has anyone here had the experience of buying directly from Nexdigitron.com? Is the delivery time and service reliability comparable to amazon?
Old 31st December 2021, 19:04   #3733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_nemesis View Post
I am looking for a budget dash camera for my Tiago and have almost finalized on DDPAI Mini over 70mai Smart Dash Cam 1S. Personally there wasn't much to differentiate between the two and the choice was ultimately driven by the price difference.

While the seller on Amazon is Nexdigitron, the camera is listed at a lower price on their official website. Has anyone here had the experience of buying directly from Nexdigitron.com? Is the delivery time and service reliability comparable to amazon?
Bought Ddpai Mini from Amazon. Got delivered the next day. Price: 3649/-
Plugged into charger socket and working ok right now. Need more storage in MicroSD card. Currently put in 8GB card from my old phone.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 23:48   #3734
BHPian

Update for DDPAI Z40 Dual channel dashcam with GPS, hardwired, about performance in sub-zero/ near zero temperature:

I visited Fagu on 24th Dec. And at night it was near zero/ sub-zero temperature. The car surface had thin layer of frost in the morning. On 26th Dec mid day onwards it started snowing in that region. I took the car to nearby places in the day time and the dashcam was able to capture the video. At about 5:15 PM we were driving through light snowfall. After returning to hotel I tried to download the videos captured by dashcam. But I was surprised and disappointed to find that Z40 dashcam didn't record anything in this return journey. It was a wonderful journey while it was snowing. I could download the onward journey video only.

Overnight, the car was covered in light snow (about 5 mm) and frost entirely. Next day removed the frost and ice using hot water and could start the car (Petrol) after missing first attempt. The car could start in second attempt after a much longer try. I missed to notice the battery voltage on startup of Portronics Auto 10. I started from Fagu at 11:30 AM, and later I found that the dashcam started recording after 12:30 pm, almost after 1 hour of driving.

The spec sheet of Z40 says it can work upto -25 deg C.

Any user of supercapacitor based dashcam or the Z40 unit faced similar problem ever? I couldn't really understand why it happened with my unit. I described in details for root cause analysis purpose.

Is there any link between low battery condition and this dashcam operation? Perhaps the battery threshold value is for parking mode recording operation only. Does low temperature (-2~4 deg C) affect the operation of supercapacitor based dashcams or the SD card writing?

I am also posting the link for recent videos (front dashcam is now set at 1080p). The unit is working fine otherwise since July.
Old 5th January 2022, 11:06   #3735
BANNED

We have a DDPai Mola N3 on one of our cars with 128GB memory card. I am using app on iPhone 12 to access videos stored on dash cam. After every few days it stops showing past videos in iPhone app in history and live view screen. It works fine for few days if i format it. I am at loss to understand this behavior.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks