Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2022, 07:51   #3961

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthgear View Post
My question is if this poor GPS functionality a "feature" of the 70mai dash cam, or I may have got an unit with defective GPS module?
I have 2 of the 70Mais (A800) which is a variant of the 500. GPS works fine in both. Takes about half a minute from the time I exit my parking lot.
4wheeldrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 08:35   #3962
Senior - BHPian

I have got a DDPAI Z40 forward facing dashcam for my car and having used it far a few days, I have some issues, on which I hope someone can enlighten me.

I switch of the Android Auto HU, my phone shows DDPAI connected. Then I start the DDPAI app and when it connects, I see this screen, where I click "to set"
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_2022051207412868_1b37ba5269c03a9318b6fcdf27c1e5ce.jpg

Then when this App page opens, I get this, where I click on "allow".
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_2022051207415732_1b37ba5269c03a9318b6fcdf27c1e5ce.jpg

My main problem is that I can't find the location where the videos are stored on the app. Whereas I can find them clearly when I dismount the SD card and put it in my laptop or mobile, where it is in DCIM folder >"front" where all MP4 videos are chronologically listed.

When I come to this page on the app:-The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_2022051207420352_1b37ba5269c03a9318b6fcdf27c1e5ce.jpg

and when I hit Download I get these images only, which had been captured when I go over rumble strips or expansion joints.
[ATTACH=G_20220508102213_007_0005_L.jpg]The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-g_20220508103814_040_0005_l.jpg[/ATTACH]

I can't seem to find the videos.
So my question is, where do I go to download the video MP4 file?

Next, I notice that the file size is 140 MB per minute, where others have found it to be 105- 120 MB/min. I have kept my resolution to 1080p.

I have played around with sensitivity settings but still the dash cam clicks pics whenever i go over an expansion joint or rumble strips. Only option is probably to disable this function.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-g_20220508102213_007_0005_l.jpg  

Old 12th May 2022, 11:45   #3963

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopelias View Post
Recently I bought a 70mai A800s, got it connected, now I have a distortion problem. See the video at 00:04, 00:09, 00:17 etc.
  • This happens only after driving for some time not at the beginning. I am guessing because it is getting hot.
  • It doesn't happen for back camera.
  • I tried change the video quality setting to 'Low Compression'. The problem is much less prominent, but its still there.
I spoke to the folks from nexdigitron, they said this is possibly because the SD card is not of good quality. The one I am using is the exact Samsung one that is quoted above. They recommended switching to one of these: https://www.nexdigitron.com/collections/memory-cards. It seems the Strontium Endurance one is better suited for hot climate.
Just to keep this thread updated, I had been talking to folks from nexdigitron about this, we have tried couple of things, but the issue still persists,
  1. Replace memory card. Tried Strontium Nitro Plus Endurance A2. No luck the issue still persists.
  2. I sent the main unit back to nextdigitron, they sent a new one (They claim they have tested it). For me, the issue persists with a new one too.
They are claiming that the issue is not reproducible for them on the unit that I sent back too. They are now suspecting possibly some issue again with the SD card and I have agreed to check with a third one.

For me the issue is reproducible with two main units and two SD cards combinations. I would be keen to know if anyone else in this forum has faced similar issues.
anoopelias is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 14:32   #3964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hardwired it.
Surprisingly my package does not have charger cable and it was not listed either. Anyway, hardwiring can only do proper justice to such dashcams. If not comfortable in DIY, seek installation at any good accessories shop.
Connecting to mobile is a bit tricky but easy ones you understand. Refer Youtube video as manual is very bad and basic.
I agree. Best to hardwire the dashcam. Now i just need to find a reliable installer.

What vehicle did you install it in, if you dont mind me asking. I'm planning to install it in my BMW X3 and my (hopefully) soon-to-arrive MG ZS EV.
Old 16th May 2022, 09:44   #3965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
I agree. Best to hardwire the dashcam. Now i just need to find a reliable installer.

What vehicle did you install it in, if you don't mind me asking. I'm planning to install it in my BMW X3 and my (hopefully) soon-to-arrive MG ZS EV.
I installed it in Ford Endeavor. See below post.
Yes you can easily install in X3. The internet is filled with Thinkware installation in BMWs and you can always uninstall it up without any trace incase of any warranty claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Got Thinkware U1000-2 channel, 4K dash cam from Singapore dealer through ebay.com.
Old 18th May 2022, 00:44   #3966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Anyone facing issue connecting to DDPAI Mola N3? Especially on IOS? Trying to connect to the dashcam on wireless and fed up. The DDPAI app freezes on me and when it works, it is again stuck at connecting camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I have not faced any issues using the DDPAI app with the Mola N3 on my Samsung. It works quite well and a 1 min. video takes about a min or so to download. Try it out with an android if possible to see if the same issue persists.
So figured it out, shutting down 4G made it work! I don’t know how but it worked!
Old 27th May 2022, 00:24   #3967
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, currently I'm using a VIFO A119 dashcam and I'm looking for something better. A parking monitor is a must and I do mind the cost but I want something that has a parking mode to catch the troublemakers.
Old 27th May 2022, 00:30   #3968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post

An accessory shop guy recommended Phillips, calling it very reliable, but he said it wouldn't capture audio. Is Phillips good? Never heard Philips making dashcams.
My mistake. Its Pioneer. Not Phillips. The guy was wrong, it would record the cabin audio as well.

I got the pioneer dash cam installed at VV cars, Omr, Chennai . The video quality is satisfactory. It supports upto 128GB of memory card. It set me back by 8k Rs. I realized it was expensive. But I want it to be reliable and I am not a DIY guy. So I opted for this.
Old 27th May 2022, 08:48   #3969
BHPian

I installed 70mai M500 in my car. The video quality is good. It also has some passive ADAS functionality. Gets irritating after a while but still a nice party trick to impress people.
Old 29th May 2022, 03:16   #3970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I have got a DDPAI Z40 forward facing dashcam for my car

My main problem is that I can't find the location where the videos are stored on the app. Whereas I can find them clearly when I dismount the SD card and put it in my laptop or mobile, where it is in DCIM folder >"front" where all MP4 videos are chronologically listed.

and when I hit Download I get these images only, which had been captured when I go over rumble strips or expansion joints.

I can't seem to find the videos.
So my question is, where do I go to download the video MP4 file?

I have played around with sensitivity settings but still the dash cam clicks pics whenever i go over an expansion joint or rumble strips.
I have a DDPAI Mini5 which has an identical (read clunky) app interface. Once you connect to the camera and you're able to see the live video on your app (as you have, parked in your basement) drag the ribbon on the bottom of the app to the left to get to the desired clip time: date till it starts playing on your app. Hit download and it should start doing that to your phone

The default downloads on the camera memory will comprise images involving shocks measured by the G-sensor, recommended to not deactivate it - Mine records really bad shakes like going into a pothole/going off a shoulder, than normal speed breakers and such. So you should get that setting right with some trials
GeeTee TSI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 00:31   #3971
BHPian

Hi, Members,
Has anyone used DDpai global official store to ship car cams to India, my query is regarding their reliability, shipping timelines and most importantly about Customs clearance here, I am planning to get a Mola N3 and Mini 1080 in the same order to save shipping charges. Any advice.
Old 30th May 2022, 06:51   #3972
BHPian

Guys. Planning to buy a dashcam for my car soon. A friend is coming down from UK next month. Is there something better that I can ask him to bring that we dont get here? Budget is 20k.
Old 30th May 2022, 10:32   #3973

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Guys. Planning to buy a dashcam for my car soon. A friend is coming down from UK next month. Is there something better that I can ask him to bring that we dont get here? Budget is 20k.
Check out the Garmin Dash Cam Tandem - 1440p recording and a lens that looks back into your car and covers the rear as well. If you don't want interior recording, see the Garmin 57. Both have basic ADAS features and you can throw in parking surveillance if you like.

I've used a Garmin 55 for over 3 years with no issues. Tiny camera so its unobtrusive and they seem to have got a new app that has more features than the basic one i have from 2018.

Most other dashcams are not very different from the 70MAI / DDPAI
4wheeldrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 12:36   #3974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Hey guys, currently I'm using a VIFO A119 dashcam and I'm looking for something better. A parking monitor is a must and I do mind the cost but I want something that has a parking mode to catch the troublemakers.

Any help with this please?
Old 30th May 2022, 13:06   #3975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Hi, Members,
Has anyone used DDpai global official store to ship car cams to India, my query is regarding their reliability, shipping timelines and most importantly about Customs clearance here, I am planning to get a Mola N3 and Mini 1080 in the same order to save shipping charges. Any advice.
Nextdigitron is their official supplier in India. I recently bought a Mini 5 and Z40 dual channel from them. They were very proffessonal and quick to respond for all my queries. I even got a GST invoice for the Z40 as it was for one of my delivery vehicles. I hope this helps !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Any help with this please?
I recently bought a DDPAI Z40 dual channel cam for one of my vehicles. It's hardwired and even though I find the camera interface a little clunky, I can download the footage easily and video quality seems great. We caught a guy upto some mischeif. Camera fottage was clear enough for one of my staff to identify him. This is the only camera I hardwired to a car, so my knowledge is limited to this only. I hope it helps you !
kraken is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks