Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2022, 11:53   #4036
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Hi all!

I had DDPAI mini in the past which got stolen during service at SC.
Now I am looking for new Dashcam on budget.
But little confused about whether I should prefer 1. Only front cam with GPS OR 2. Front and back cams WITHOUT GPS
Dual channel with GPS is slightly out of my budget, hence asking.

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th July 2022, 06:42   #4037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kams_cars View Post
Hello,

Has anyone here tried the Qubo(hero) dash cam with 256GB option?
Came across this brand recently. It’s a Hero group product and looks to be well built. Anyone with feedback on actual use?
Old 28th July 2022, 15:49   #4038
BHPian

I am using a 70mai smart dash cam pro. The recorded footage has both 70mai and timestamp as watermarks. From the camera settings, I am able to remove 70mai watermark but saw no option to remove the timestamp watermark. Can anyone please guide how to remove the timestamp from footage?
Old 30th July 2022, 12:04   #4039
BHPian

Yesterday I visited the gifting expo, Delhi. Philips had a stall put up. They are planning to introduce dash cams. Sorry don't have pictures. These will be introduced in the market in the next 2-3 months. Good to see a name brand entering this market.
Old 30th July 2022, 12:59   #4040
BHPian

Guys, have a query, is DDPAI mini wire long enough to be used as a rear dash cam with it getting power from the front cigarette lighter slot?
For reference, I have MS Baleno 2017 make, if someone has this setup can help will be very useful.

Thanks,
Aayush
Old 30th July 2022, 14:11   #4041
BHPian

I have finally installed a dashcam on our car (Alto 800). Bought the DDPAI Mini along with the CPL Filter during the recent Prime Day sale. The camera cost ₹3599 and the CPL filter cost me ₹699.

The installation turned out to be straightforward wherein I routed the cable through the passenger side A-Pillar and tied up the excess wire underneath the central console area. It is powered by the 12V port near the steering. The footage looks decent though I am not sure why all videos are of one-minute length. It is a Class-4 memory card at present as I am still waiting for the U3 Class 10, 64 GB card to be delivered by Amazon. Hoping that the video quality would be even better with that one.

gischethans is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 14:59   #4042

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kams_cars View Post
Hello,

Has anyone here tried the Qubo(hero) dash cam with 256GB option?
I’ve been using the Qubo Pro dashcam in my Polo for about 4 months now, and it’s been performing quite satisfactorily.

Installation was quite simple, wires routed through the A Pillar and under the dash to the Cigarette Lighter socket. The dashcam itself disappears behind the IRVM so it’s not even noticeable.

Their app is a little finicky as you need to connect to the hotspot generated by the camera, which could take a couple of attempts. Once connected, playback is quite speedy. Clips are saved in 1 min files per usual norms, and can be saved directly to your gallery from the app. Or you could simply dump the files from the microSD card directly.

One main issue is the sensitivity of its “incident detection”. Even on the lowest sensitivity, every 30 min drive on Mumbai’s roads registers at least 10 such incidents, that are nothing but minor potholes. Not a major concern, but sort of renders this feature pointless in practice.

Finally, after purchase their after-sales team called me and said they’d extend my warranty by 6 months if I left them a 5 star review on Amazon, which is a very unethical practice that I didn’t entertain, so I’d recommend taking all of the other Amazon reviews with a grain of salt. Nevertheless, I’d buy this again if I was in the market for a budget dashcam.
danny_d is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 22:26   #4043
BHPian

Hi All,
Could you kindly guide me to a good Dashcam model, for new Honda City.

I don't want the hard wired one and budget is a normal one not expensive.

Dealer has agreed to conceal the wires if I give him some time.

Thanks
Arun
Old 31st July 2022, 23:02   #4044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
I don't want the hard wired one and budget is a normal one not expensive.
Some more details would help you to shortlist the cameras. What kind of resolution do you want? Any specific form factor you are inclined towards? A battery one or capacitor based? Just front facing or front & back facing? The most important factor you need to be more specific about, how much budget you have set aside for this?

Normal one varies from person to person. For some it could be 15k, for others it could be 5k.
Old 31st July 2022, 23:20   #4045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Some more details would help you to shortlist the cameras. What kind of resolution do you want? Any specific form factor you are inclined towards? A battery one or capacitor based? Just front facing or front & back facing? The most important factor you need to be more specific about, how much budget you have set aside for this?

Normal one varies from person to person. For some it could be 15k, for others, it could be 5k.
Thank you for your relevant questions. I am a complete noob with respect to dashcam. Primary usage would be in the city with occasional outstation trips. I would want a front-facing dashcam with a maximum budget of 10k. I shall check with the dealer whether he can install the back camera as well, if possible can you suggest that as well.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st August 2022 at 05:05. Reason: Spelling, spacing
Arun_S is online now   Received Infraction
Old 1st August 2022, 01:23   #4046
BHPian

Quote:
I am a complete noob with respect to dashcam. Primary usage would be in the city with occasional outstation trips. I would want a front facing dashcam the maximum budget 10k.
Okay. In your budget you can get DDPAI MOLA N3 PRO. This is a dual dashcam. But this is in the upper end of your budget. You can also get a decent dashcam good for daily usage in under 4k but it doesn't have GPS.

Also check out DDPAI MOLA N3. It is in your budget and don't forget to buy a SD card along with this. Most of the dashcams don't retail memory card bundled along.

All these dashcams would be a little visible from outside. They are not so discreet. If you want a discreet one which doesn't look like point and shoot camera, then look for wedge type dashcams. You can check Viofo A119 Mini but it is 1.5 times of your budget. If being discreet is not an issue then the others are fine.

Btw, Congratulations for your Honda City!
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 10:38   #4047
BHPian

Quote:
Okay. In your budget you can get DDPAI MOLA N3 PRO. This is a dual dashcam. But this is in the upper end of your budget. You can also get a decent dashcam good for daily usage in under 4k but it doesn't have GPS.

Also check out DDPAI MOLA N3. It is in your budget and don't forget to buy a SD card along with this. Most of the dashcams don't retail memory card bundled along.

All these dashcams would be a little visible from outside. They are not so discreet. If you want a discreet one which doesn't look like point and shoot camera, then look for wedge type dashcams. You can check Viofo A119 Mini but it is 1.5 times of your budget. If being discreet is not an issue then the others are fine.

Btw, Congratulations for your Honda City!
Thanks a lot for inputs and the new car purchase.

Can you please suggest a Dual Channel model without GPS at a lower price point?

Last edited by Arun_S : 1st August 2022 at 10:40.
Old 1st August 2022, 13:01   #4048
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK, the one I listed was the cheapest one and I don't think you can get one without GPS in that range. You can switch off the coordinates from settings, but you cannot skip the GPS hardware. Check it out - Nexdigitron. You can scroll & search here for dashcams.
Old 1st August 2022, 15:31   #4049
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for inputs and the new car purchase.

Quote:
AFAIK, the one I listed was the cheapest one and I don't think you can get one without GPS in that range. You can switch off the coordinates from settings, but you cannot skip the GPS hardware. Check it out - Nexdigitron. You can scroll & search here for dashcams.
Same Ddpai mola n3 pro dual channel dashcam has a non-gps version too

https://www.amazon.in/Mola-N3-Pro-GP.../dp/B09XVMDN5Q
https://www.nexdigitron.com/collecti...roducts/n3-pro

Cheapest dual channel without GPS from 70Mai is A400

https://www.amazon.in/70mai-G-Sensor...dp/B093DLNLTX/
https://www.nexdigitron.com/collecti...roducts/a400-1
dipdawiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 11:11   #4050
BHPian

On Amazon, the DDPai Mola N3 pro non-GPS version is for Rs.8,999 and the GPS version is Rs.9,999.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09XVMDN5Q/?tag=tbhp0e-21&th=1

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09XVP76JN/?tag=tbhp0e-21&th=1

If you wish to go ahead with this model, I would suggest to get the GPS version unless you specifically want a non-GPS version for some reason. The difference of 1k is worth to have location data in your recordings.
Everlearner is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks