Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2023, 13:01   #4606
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I recently added a cpl filter for my qubo dashcam. There are no filters that fit this directly, so had to order one from a different nextdigitron model and add some double sided foam tape inside to make it fit due to the smaller diameter.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-pxl_20230712_154511324.mv.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-pxl_20230712_154949862.mv.jpg

Hope this helps owners of other dash cams which don't have plug and play cpl filters

Last edited by greenhorn : 13th July 2023 at 13:02.
Old 13th July 2023, 13:18   #4607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
In my DDDPAI mini dashcam - nearly 4 years old - the timestamp resumes from around 24 hours subsequent to the last time it was used, even when the car has not been used for several days in between. Synchronizing the dashcam clock using the mobile app is one solution, but this has to be done each time. The dashcam clock was working flawlessly till a few months back, and the dashcam works well in all other aspects except its clock now.

Any pointers to fix the issue? Thanks in advance.
Could be a drained battery. The only way to fix the battery is to open it up and see for yourself which type it is (CR2032/BR1225/etc), procure a new one and replace it. Best done by someone experienced in fixing electronics.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 18:01   #4608

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitgupta View Post
Next I'm going to drop the resolution on front unit to 2K & increase frame rate to 60 fps and then see if the results are better or not.
Hi Amit,

Eagerly waiting for your further inputs on Viofo A139pro
Old 13th July 2023, 18:24   #4609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajala View Post
Hi Amit,

Eagerly waiting for your further inputs on Viofo A139pro
I switched to 2k 60fps on the front unit at that time only but till now I've not been out on highway at night since that time where I could get some clips at 80 kmph. The images were clear in 4k 30fps on speeds upto 50-55 kmph from what I saw earlier, so no point in testing that on the 2k 60fps clips.

Rain Gods catching up on their yearly targets at the moment in Delhi-NCR & North India, I think its gonna be some time before I can do this.
amitgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 20:34   #4610
BHPian

I am looking forward to install a good dashcam, based on online review shortlisted three.
Please share your input and help me to finalize one.

1: Qubo-Dashcam Pro 4K+Rear Cam :https://www.quboworld.com/dashcam-4k

2: 70mai A800S True 4K Dual Channel Car Dash Camera : https://www.amazon.in/70mai-A800S-Pl..._dp&th=1&psc=1

3: Blaupunkt Digital Video Recorder (Dashcam) for Car BP 4.5 FHD :https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/Car-Acce...P-4.5-FHD/363/
Old 14th July 2023, 21:12   #4611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS_RE650 View Post
I am looking forward to install a good dashcam, based on online review shortlisted three.
Please share your input and help me to finalize one.

1: Qubo-Dashcam Pro 4K+Rear Cam :https://www.quboworld.com/dashcam-4k

2: 70mai A800S True 4K Dual Channel Car Dash Camera : https://www.amazon.in/70mai-A800S-Pl..._dp&th=1&psc=1

3: Blaupunkt Digital Video Recorder (Dashcam) for Car BP 4.5 FHD :https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/Car-Acce...P-4.5-FHD/363/
Also please let me know if there are any branded dashcams are available.
Old 15th July 2023, 14:24   #4612
BHPian

Maruti has just released their own DVR with the invicto.
Any reviews available?

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m59zdv-010
Shrek8421 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 17:44   #4613
BHPian

Folks who are using Wolfbox Dashcams - do you feel the need for a CPL filter?

I am this close to buying a Wolfbox one but the non-availability of filters is a sore point.
Old 15th July 2023, 22:03   #4614
BHPian

I have installed DDapai Mola N3 pro on my Nexon. Whenever I hit the brakes in the night, the rear camera is flooded with redlight reflection. I have stuck the rear dash cam on the center just below the top. Request suggestions please. Are there any mitigation plans available or live with it? Thanks in advance.
Old 16th July 2023, 00:37   #4615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
Maruti has just released their own DVR with the invicto.
Any reviews available?
Is there any way to find out this dashcam uses which chipset? Does it have HDR? What are the resolutions and frame rates supported?

They haven't mentioned these specifications.

If it is full HD then it is just an overpriced accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala02 View Post
Whenever I hit the brakes in the night, the rear camera is flooded with redlight reflection. I have stuck the rear dash cam on the center just below the top. Request suggestions please. Are there any mitigation plans available or live with it?
I don't think you can do anything about it. You'll have to live with it or place it at the bottom. If you install or place anything on lens it will affect your video quality especially during night. Better to leave it as it is.

Last edited by batish : 16th July 2023 at 00:40.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 11:19   #4616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Folks who are using Wolfbox Dashcams - do you feel the need for a CPL filter?

I am this close to buying a Wolfbox one but the non-availability of filters is a sore point.
You won't find too many options that have a cpl filter. So, if it works out for you for the most part, you can go ahead with it. I use i07, and I am happy with what I get. Cpl filter shouldn't be a deal breaker for any brand.
JoaTMoN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 12:14   #4617
Senior - BHPian

I have a rear dashcam on my Nexon 2017 model and have no such issues. Plz ensure the plastic on the lens is off as it catches the light. a cp lens filter is provided additionally by NEXDIGITRON, try getting that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala02 View Post
Whenever I hit the brakes in the night, the rear camera is flooded with redlight reflection. I have stuck the rear dash cam on the center just below the top. Request suggestions please. Are there any mitigation plans available or live with it? Thanks in advance.
Old 16th July 2023, 14:16   #4618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlanuk View Post
Quick question, folks. What is the downside of installing two single channel dashcams - one at the front and one at the rear?

Two devices to sync on the mobile app and two memory cards is what I can think of, what else should be kept in mind?
I tried scrolling a few pages, but didn’t see any replies to this one.

By any chance, did you go ahead with this? If so, what has been your experience with installing two single channel dashcams, one in front and one at the rear?

I’m also considering arrangement this but for different reasons. I am well aware that there are many dual dashcams available. But from that I can see in the reviews of these, the rear camera’s quality is significantly lower than the front camera. This means lack of detail and unreadable number plates from the rear camera in many situations, especially at night.

So I was thinking why not buy two good single channel dashcams and use one in front and one in the rear. I don’t mind getting two memory cards and having two devices on the app. But was wondering the exact same thing you were; Are there any other disadvantages of this that I’m not aware of.
Old 16th July 2023, 14:40   #4619
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Experts,

I am torn between Dual channel dash cam DDPAI MOLA N3 Pro and 70 mai A500S . Is A500S worth the extra 3K over Mola N3. I do not need ADAS and both seems to have similar resolution. All reviews are undecided.

Any other suggestions for dual channel dash cams under 10 K.
Old 16th July 2023, 19:07   #4620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Experts,

I am torn between Dual channel dash cam DDPAI MOLA N3 Pro and 70 mai A500S . Is A500S worth the extra 3K over Mola N3. I do not need ADAS and both seems to have similar resolution. All reviews are undecided.
I am in the same boat.

Also just saw there are OBD II Hardwire kits now from NExtDigitron. Did anyone try these??

https://www.nexdigitron.com/collecti...i-parking-kits

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks