Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2023, 06:59   #4651
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet007 View Post

Dash cam for Tiago EV, will it void warranty?

Recently I purchased a Tiago EV and it comes (Tech Lux plus model) with factory fitted reverse camera , and when I asked the sales guy if I could go for after market dash cam (have always have had dash cams in earlier and other car too and find it very useful) he categorically said it will void the 3 year warranty of car and the battery (8 year).
I told him this would only be connected to the normal auxiliary battery and is no way connected to the main battery which powers the car, for which he said he does understand the concerns but that when and if the battery has a problem and requires replacement, it is not handled by Tata motors, but directly the battery pack is sent to Tata Power , which is a separate vertical and invariably they look for minor things also which are altered in the car and give that as a reason to void the warranty. He said this is his practical experience. Don't know how to go around this issue. Has any one fitted a dash cam inane model of their Tata EV , be it Tigor, Nexon or Tiago, as terms must be same for all of them?
Finally, went with 70Mai dual channel dash cam installed and even though I had (still have ) apprehensions about voiding of warranty, the dealer assured he has done quite a few Tata EVs and using the fuse tap for power source is not an issue as it won't connect to HV main battery. Product is good with license plate readable resolution of front camera (2.7K). How ever later on as I was reading the bulky user manual (does any one read all of it)!, realised that the auxiliary 12V battery under the front hood is also connected to the main HV one to keep charging it from the main battery! Hope this does not void the warranty in any way, as this fact I wasn't aware before!
sumeet007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 11:50   #4652
BHPian

So I went ahead and purchased the newly launched DDPAI Mini PRO dashcam from Amazon. Overall I am satisfied.

Only pain is the footage download time via Wi-Fi. It downloads maximum 3-minute long video at once. And it easily takes around 3-4 minutes to download the same to your phone.

Here's the sample I have uploaded on Youtube. Please be mindful of the annoying camera shutter noise that comes in between. It is something of an emergency auto-capture feature by the dashcam where it automatically clicks an image and saves a 10-second video in case it detects some collision. I have to lower it's sensitivity.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 25th July 2023 at 11:55.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 15:41   #4653

Hi,

Please suggest a place to get Viofo A139 Pro 2 Ch with hard wire kit installed in MG ZS EV in Bangalore south (JP Nagar/Jayanagar/Banashankari). MG service team says they do not install outside dashcams :-(
Rajala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 19:28   #4654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajala View Post
Hi,

Please suggest a place to get Viofo A139 Pro 2 Ch with hard wire kit installed in MG ZS EV in Bangalore south (JP Nagar/Jayanagar/Banashankari). MG service team says they do not install outside dashcams :-(
Contact viofo.in. They'll provide you with all the details you require for installation. They are the only official retailers in India.
Old 25th July 2023, 23:04   #4655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
So I went ahead and purchased the newly launched DDPAI Mini PRO dashcam from Amazon. Overall I am satisfied.

Here's the sample I have uploaded on Youtube.
The video quality looks good. The number plates of vehicles parked on the side are also readable. Couple of things/suggestions:
  1. Test the video quality & reg plate readability in night as well.
  2. You should consider putting on a CPL filter. That will remove the reflections projected on the windshield from the videos.

Quote:
Only pain is the footage download time via Wi-Fi. It downloads maximum 3-minute long video at once. And it easily takes around 3-4 minutes to download the same to your phone.
See if your dashcam supports 5Ghz network. If it does then use that - your file transfers will be noticeably faster. If it does not support it then nothing can be done to improve wifi transfer speeds. Either you be content with that or you use a SD card reader to transfer videos.

Quote:
Ask Viofo.in folk. They respond on WhatsApp as well. They will provide you with a list of tried & tested places with good ratings (from their existing customers). That's how I got the reference of the place where I got my dashcam installed.
amitgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 10:48   #4656
BHPian

Hello All,

Please checkout my review on VIOFO A139 PRO Dash cam from the link below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5592075 (2022 Hyundai Tucson Review)
Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 23:44   #4657
BHPian

Did you check with MG guys whether hardwiring the dash cam will void the vehicle or battery warranty? Also, once you do happen to get it installed, it would be great if you could provide with any inputs on installation that could come in handy.
I too own an MG ZS EV, hence asking.
On a side note, I had got in touch with guys at viofo.in and they gave me contacts of a few mechanics but specifically told to avoid hardwiring in an EV even if the mechanic agrees to it. When I asked why they simply said that battery us majority of the cost of car and if something happens to it due to hardwiring you will regret.

Quote:
Hi,

Old 27th July 2023, 01:56   #4658
BHPian

Quote:
I decided to record screen today as I downloaded a video from dashcam over wifi using the phone app.

Dashcam: Viofo A139 Pro
Video: 2K @ 60fps with HDR & audio
File size: ~330 MB
Network: Wifi 5 Ghz
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Old 27th July 2023, 20:20   #4659
BHPian

Thanks to guidance of @ACMerchant and @bravo82in, I did DIY installation of DDPAI mola n3 (with GPS) front dash cam to my Brezza car.
After some troubleshooting with HD video formatting, I am able to view/download the recorded clips now, but facing few issues still.

1. One limitation is, the video needs HEVC codec enabled player, so not easily sharable with whatsapp/google drive (sharing the file from file manager to google drive works, but not directly from the DDPAI app) etc.

2. It only downloads a very short clip of 10 - 20 sec. Though it starts to buffer 3 min video, but it abruptly stops. File size varies from 24 - 43MB, so not a fixed size limitation. Only way to access full video (in chunks of 1 min) is to read from the micro SD card.

3. I am not seeing any GPS feature, like car speed or the car trajectory path etc. in the video. There is only one place in the box, GPS is mentioned. I am wondering if they delivered me the non-GPS variant or not. What is best way to confirm it?
Old 27th July 2023, 22:32   #4660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
1. One limitation is, the video needs HEVC codec enabled player, so not easily sharable with whatsapp/google drive (sharing the file from file manager to google drive works, but not directly from the DDPAI app) etc.
Have you tried sharing the actual video on whatsapp (& not the link to the video)?

I've shared HEVC encoded dashcam clips. I think Whatsapp converts the video (not 100% on it) & compresses it (110% sure) as well when you share it. So the people who get the video are able to play it on their phones etc.
Old 28th July 2023, 10:40   #4661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitgupta View Post
Have you tried sharing the actual video on whatsapp (& not the link to the video)?

I've shared HEVC encoded dashcam clips. I think Whatsapp converts the video (not 100% on it) & compresses it (110% sure) as well when you share it. So the people who get the video are able to play it on their phones etc.
Thanks Amit for the inputs. Yes, I tried sending the mp4 file from file manager to whatsapp. It gives error that cannot send this video.
Also the phone does not play the videos in existing video players. I needed to download HD video player to view them.
It could be due to my phone, it is two year old Samsung galaxy M32.

Regarding the GPS issue, I dropped an email to nexdigitron for support. Hope they will help out under the warranty.
Old 28th July 2023, 12:38   #4662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
Yes, I tried sending the mp4 file from file manager to whatsapp. It gives error that cannot send this video.
Also the phone does not play the videos in existing video players. I needed to download HD video player to view them.
It could be due to my phone, it is two year old Samsung galaxy M32.
If it gives error & you are unable to send video then how do you know other people are not able to play video received in WhatsApp?
Old 29th July 2023, 12:57   #4663
BHPian

Quote:

Here's the sample I have uploaded on Youtube. Please be mindful of the annoying camera shutter noise that comes in between. It is something of an emergency auto-capture feature by the dashcam where it automatically clicks an image and saves a 10-second video in case it detects some collision. I have to lower it's sensitivity.
I was planning to buy the same and have a few questions , can you please help me ?
* Any specific reason to buy from Amazon ? Because the prize on Amazon currently is 4399 and on the nexdigitron website it is 3999.
* How is the app connectivity and usability ? I see a lot of reviews on the forum that DDPAI app is not so good to use.
Chandler Bing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 12:59   #4664
BHPian

I saw a video from YouTuber (outside of India) who compares all available dashcams from low cost to very high cost. And the basic thing which is the video quality remains almost same in all dashcams. The reason behind is the sensor used by these cams are limited 2 or 3. Price difference is due to other features like dual camera, GPS tracking, in-build screen etc.

So instead of breaking my head on searching for the best Dashcam, I have installed NexDigitron A3 in my Ford Figo S using hardwire kit last month.

I went to nearby car modifier and installed the hardwire kit as they have experience installing it. I did not take the risk of damaging electric wiring.

In terms of performance it does its job well. Performance is decent. CPL filter improves the image quality to a great extent. I will post some sample video later.

Below is total cost.

Total cost
Camera with hardwire kit - ~4000
SD Card - ~800
CPL filter - ~800
Installation 400
Total ~ 6000
kousikjana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 18:05   #4665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler Bing View Post
I was planning to buy the same and have a few questions , can you please help me ?
* Any specific reason to buy from Amazon ? Because the prize on Amazon currently is 4399 and on the nexdigitron website it is 3999.
* How is the app connectivity and usability ? I see a lot of reviews on the forum that DDPAI app is not so good to use.
Never realized that we can buy if from Nexdigitron website as well. If you are getting a good deal there then no harm in purchasing directly from the seller. Hope the price is inclusive of the shipping charges.

I have no issues regarding the app connectivity. It works fine for me. Only issue is footage download time, as stated in my post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks