Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2023, 11:44   #4636
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitgupta View Post
Decide on your budget - & the features you want & based on that start filtering out the available options. Watch/read reviews (don't just settle on one person's reviews).

If money is not an object, I'd say go ahead & buy Viofo A139 Pro 2-channel one.
Is Viofo better than usually available brands like QUBO, 70mai, DDPAI etc. It is very confusing as there is no well established known brand. All looks same and rebadged.
Old 18th July 2023, 12:18   #4637
BHPian

Anyone who is interested to buy the "Qubo-Dashcam Pro 4K+Rear Cam" they should buy directly from their website instead of Amazon.
You can also apply a promo code GIZ10 which will give you a 1200 discount.

Note: I do not have any affiliation, I was going through the review and found one article
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-capture.png  

Old 18th July 2023, 17:41   #4638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthgarg View Post
Good picture quality is obviously a must. I am not concerned whether it is FHD or 2K or 4K, but it should provide good quality day as well as night time videos.

The cam should come with a glitch free app which has a convenient interface for directly downloding photos and videos, and it should also not have connectivity issues.
IMO you should look for atleast 2K. If you get HDR then that's even better. Similarly for the connectivity, if you plan on downloading videos using the phone app then look for 5Ghz Wifi - 2.4 Ghz can make downloads slow & you'll be sitting in the car downloading for a while if you are downloading multiple videos.

Quote:
I need a single channel cam only. I do not like wires showing anywhere in my car. The only reason I could convince myself to buy a dashcam is because my ZS EV has a USB port near the IRVM.
Wiring can be hidden in the headlining, door beading, floor lining etc. You can get it done by a good accessories shop who have someone who knows what they are doing.

Quote:
I'm not sure if a CPL is very useful, but if it is then I would like an option where the CPL is offered by the same company itself.
CPL is good for eliminating reflections that get cast on windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
So here I am in a perpetual dilemma.

Usually I love researching about products and finding the best value for money option - whether it be electronics or something else. But this time, it's just stretched to an extent where it seems I am at the same point where I was 6 months back.
Make a list, look into all the options you are considering, finalize & buy. Otherwise you'll stay in this Catch 22 situation. There will always be a newer version, or new product etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS_RE650 View Post
Is Viofo better than usually available brands like QUBO, 70mai, DDPAI etc. It is very confusing as there is no well established known brand. All looks same and rebadged.
Quobo & 70MAI have onboard battery instead of supercapacitor - so I did not consider them. They also don't have that good video clarity.

I got a very strong recommendation of DDPAI X5 Pro but unfortunately it comes only in hardwire option and I was not willing to go hardwire route. So had to cross that off my list. Other options in DDPAI are good, both with & without screens but none offered all of what I was looking for - 5Ghz Wifi, 4k @ 30fps (or better), 256 GB (or more) card support, CPL, 12V adapter (hardwire option should I want it later).

Finally I went with Viofo A139 Pro - it had pretty good reviews, if offered everything I was looking for & more - HDR video, 512 GB card support, videos can be recorded at 60 fps if resolution is dropped to 2K. Higher fps is helpful if an accident happens over 30-35 kmph.

So far my experience has been good with it over last 2 months of usage. There are a few niggles here & there with app (UI & perf of app can be improved) but otherwise it seems to be good. It is expensive for what it offers in terms of hardware. 20-25k for 2-channel option would've been the correct price point.
amitgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 17:49   #4639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Had a weird pre-sales experience that stopped me from pulling the trigger (once again).
Can you share the experience if you don't mind? Mine was pleasant and smooth. He promptly replied to every question I asked.
Old 18th July 2023, 19:21   #4640

Hello,

Have been thinking of getting a dash cam for my car XUV300 BS4 2019 model for a long time, though never materialised it.
Going through a few pages and reading about Mola N3 Pro as a good option for 10k budget, i only wanted to understand if it is necessary to buy the hard wire kit as well?

Also if you have any other suggestions for 10k budget, + - 2k then please do.
Appreciate the help!

Cheers,
Sj
Old 18th July 2023, 19:25   #4641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
Can you share the experience if you don't mind? Mine was pleasant and smooth. He promptly replied to every question I asked.
Does Wolfbox come with a warranty? Any experiences so far?

Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 10:25   #4642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
The one flaw I have noticed - if the DDPai app is installed on a mobile within range of the dashcam, the dashcam syncs the date/time ONLY whenever the app is opened. Else it continues from the previous date/time, however long back it might have been.
When the app is not installed on the mobile the dashcam updates the date/time automatically and accurately.
A correction to my post from a few weeks back:
The dashcam clock not maintaining the correct time is not because of the description quoted above. The reason is issues with the RTC capacitor. This has been confirmed by the DDPAI support team also.

On a related note, any inputs regarding where I can get this repaired?
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 12:54   #4643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks4077 View Post
Does Wolfbox come with a warranty? Any experiences so far?

Thanks
It comes with a one year warranty. You'll have to get in touch with the distributor for support. I don't think they have a pan India network though. I got mine a few months ago, so I don't have experience with warranty. I did contact the distributor on a couple of things with connections and settings, and he helped over phone. When I asked him if there is buffer recording, he wasn't sure, and said he would check with the manufacturer and get back to me. I'm still waiting
JoaTMoN is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 21:17   #4644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sj_241 View Post
Going through a few pages and reading about Mola N3 Pro as a good option for 10k budget, i only wanted to understand if it is necessary to buy the hard wire kit as well?

Also if you have any other suggestions for 10k budget, + - 2k then please do.
No its not necessary to get hardwire kit. You'll need a hardwire kit only if you want to use parking monitoring as well. Otherwise it comes with a 12V adapter for car & you can just use that to power it - it will function only when the car ignition is on.

You can also look at DDPAI Z40 dual channel in the similar price range.
amitgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 12:12   #4645

Quote:
Hey Everyone!

I am planning to equip my MG ZS EV with a dash cam and looking for some valuable suggestions for the same from the community.
Check VIOFO A119 MINI 2. I think it suits your requirement well.
Rajala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 12:31   #4646
BHPian

Dash cam for Tiago EV, will it void warranty?

Recently I purchased a Tiago EV and it comes (Tech Lux plus model) with factory fitted reverse camera , and when I asked the sales guy if I could go for after market dash cam (have always have had dash cams in earlier and other car too and find it very useful) he categorically said it will void the 3 year warranty of car and the battery (8 year).
I told him this would only be connected to the normal auxiliary battery and is no way connected to the main battery which powers the car, for which he said he does understand the concerns but that when and if the battery has a problem and requires replacement, it is not handled by Tata motors, but directly the battery pack is sent to Tata Power , which is a separate vertical and invariably they look for minor things also which are altered in the car and give that as a reason to void the warranty. He said this is his practical experience. Don't know how to go around this issue. Has any one fitted a dash cam inane model of their Tata EV , be it Tigor, Nexon or Tiago, as terms must be same for all of them?
Old 20th July 2023, 18:04   #4647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet007 View Post
I told him this would only be connected to the normal auxiliary battery and is no way connected to the main battery which powers the car, for which he said he does understand the concerns but that when and if the battery has a problem and requires replacement, it is not handled by Tata motors, but directly the battery pack is sent to Tata Power , which is a separate vertical and invariably they look for minor things also which are altered in the car and give that as a reason to void the warranty.
If you don't plan to hardwire the dashcam & want to use the 12V port then just ask Tata Motors service center (other one - not the one you asked at already) that can you run an electrical accessory via the 12V port like a charger or humidifier or a camera etc.

Your warranty shouldn't get voided if you use the 12V port which is there to be used with electrical accessories & it has an inbuilt cutout/fuse to prevent battery overload.

Problem might come if your 12V port does not power down when the car is off. Then yes you might end up draining your battery pack & it could probably cause issues with battery pack warranty.
Old 21st July 2023, 15:40   #4648
BHPian

Today installed Wolfbox dashcam G840H in my XUV7OO. Initial imporessions are very good. This is a mirror based dual cam, and only model which comes with WiFi. Will post detailed review soon. I ordered it along with hard wire kit. It comes with 2.5K front and rear cam resolution is 1080p, parking mode, GPS, rear parking guidelines etc.

Total cost INR 17000 with hardwire kit, 128GB card + 700 for installation at local store.

Had ordered Wolfbox D07 earlier which is a standard dashcam with 4K front and 1080p rear camera resolutions. I have installed it in my other car.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 08:34   #4649
BHPian

Hello,

I have a noob question. Can a dual dash cam also work as a reverse cam?

I do understand that it will need a screen to display during reversing. Do we have any dash cams that come with inbuilt screens? My requirements are 1080p and I'm not looking for 4k cams. Please advise. Thanks.
Old 22nd July 2023, 10:15   #4650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post
Hello,

I have a noob question. Can a dual dash cam also work as a reverse cam?

I do understand that it will need a screen to display during reversing. Do we have any dash cams that come with inbuilt screens? My requirements are 1080p and I'm not looking for 4k cams. Please advise. Thanks.
You can go for mirror dash cams.
JoaTMoN is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks