Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2023, 18:47   #4756
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_almighty View Post
I had gotten A119 Mini2 a month back and done a DIY hardwiring. Few observations:

Viofo Dashcam A119 Mini2 - GPS connection lost (2560 x 1600p)
Hello Brother

I have installed Viofo A129 Plus recently and similar to you, I also get this "GPS connection lost" issue frequently.

Did you inform Viofo team about this? Was there any solution from them for the GPS issue?
Old 8th September 2023, 16:04   #4757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan_N View Post
Hello Brother

I have installed Viofo A129 Plus recently and similar to you, I also get this "GPS connection lost" issue frequently.

Did you inform Viofo team about this? Was there any solution from them for the GPS issue?
Hadn't checked with viofo team yet. I haven't gone through footages properly to see if it recurred.

You can try reaching out to Viofo's India team. They try to help out and are really responsive. If needed, can dm you their whatsapp no.
lord_almighty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 16:31   #4758
Senior - BHPian

Experts and esp Safari owners need your suggestions/recommendations.

Looking for a dual channel (front + rear) dashcam for my BIL's Safari soon to be delivered vehicle. What would be the best options within 6k budget? Can stretch another couple of thousands max. I am confused between 70mai and DDPAI brands and to add to the confusion someone suggested me Qubo brand as well.

I have a 70mai A400 dashcam in my Harrier which till now is serving well but the biggest disadvantage and me not recommending this model is the dashboard glare in the videos which makes it difficult to view properly. Additionally there is no CPL filter available for this model. Hence looking out for suggestions.
Old 8th September 2023, 23:31   #4759

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Dashcam Consolidation

Hi Guys, I'm looking to install a dashcam in my XUV700 MX. I'm compiling a list of posts already made that have some useful info. Please feel free to add on this.

On installation and wiring (nothing on electrical points though)
Installation and wiring (Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review)

For AX5 and below, what do we do about the power source 1 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)?
power source 2 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

On Power source
#1 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
#2 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
#3 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

@Joy73US
@batterylow
@yuvmudapa
@Aviator_guy
@ishan12
@nazeer_ahamed
@mayankthebest
@Mudhalaipatti

It would be great if you could share your experience in
1. Selecting a dash cam.
2. Installation (how and where you got it done, wiring and power source, etc.).
3. What issues you've faced (battery drain, warranty related, etc.).
4. Any other info - something you would do differently if you had to do it again.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th September 2023 at 02:18. Reason: Spacing.
Old 9th September 2023, 15:10   #4760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageSama View Post
Dashcam Consolidation

Hi Guys, I'm looking to install a dashcam in my XUV700 MX. I'm compiling a list of posts already made that have some useful info. Please feel free to add on this.

On installation and wiring (nothing on electrical points though)
Installation and wiring (Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review)
Hello, I have the AX7 but I still did not connect the dashcam to the USB ports and I suggest to you also to connect it to the fuse box.
You can check out nexdigitron.com for dashcams. 70mai has been chosen by a lot of people and seems to be the most reliable of them all with good video quality. I bought the 70mai A500s(front and rear), which is more than sufficient.
I got it done at https://goo.gl/maps/q3tMmJ75SqPUkit39 , for 1000 rupees (all the wiring done to the fusebox).
No issues till now but it's just been little over a month. If you are going ahead with connection to the fuse buy the fuse adapters if compatible with your dashcam of choice. Feel free to PM me if you want any other answers.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th September 2023 at 10:17. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
yuvmudapa is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 11:39   #4761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasta_rider View Post
Hello BHPians!

It would be of great help if anyone who have experienced similar issues, guide me on how to overcome the same (except their poor iOS app).

Drive safe!
Sud.
DDPAI is notorious for pathetic app experience from what I've been able to see online. Youtube reviewers esp from India only praise DDPAI and 70MAI but you'll find very few talk about the app experience (there are a few videos on Youtube, you can check). I'd suggest you change to something a bit more reliable (albeit costlier) like Iroad FX2 (18k for front + rear 1080p) or a dual channel dashcam from Viofo.
RGCST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 08:56   #4762
BHPian

So it seems that the iroad FX2 I recently bought has some basic ADAS capabilities?

The problem is that the user guide doesn't detail any of the sounds and beeps it makes.

From the app, it seems like it supports lane detection, vehicle departure, and imminent collision type warnings.

However I notice it beeps even when I go over rumbler strips a bit faster than usual, so its accuracy is to be taken with a pinch of salt it seems.
Old 11th September 2023, 10:22   #4763
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Brother

Update:

My issue was because of the SD card.
I was using a normal SD card which resulted in frequent interruption of video recording and GPS signal (I believe so).

I then installed an SD card approved by Viofo and took the car for a longish spin. Now everything works smoothly. No interruption of GPS signal too.
Old 11th September 2023, 14:26   #4764
BHPian

Any dashcam recommendations around 10- 12k , single channel should be also okay .
Old 11th September 2023, 14:46   #4765
BHPian

I am using DDPAI Z40 (dual camera) for around 16 months now (price approx. 10k including amazon discount in sale), it's a decent setup and does what its intended to. The software, i.e. mainly the interface app in phone is not something everyone will like but keeping that aside it's a pretty robust device and haven't faced any issue with it in past 16 months.

Last edited by diablo29 : 11th September 2023 at 14:47. Reason: Added purchase price
diablo29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 15:06   #4766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigneshMC View Post
Any dashcam recommendations around 10- 12k , single channel should be also okay .
70mai A500S seems to be a good bet as the specs are really good. You can even try A400 from the brand and then later upgrade to rear camera also as there is a flexibility to connect later.

Am seeing dashcam prices to be up by 20% in the past one year along with the price jumps seen for the microSD cards.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 17:01   #4767

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Hello, I have the AX7 but ...
Thanks a lot! This is really helpful. I'll reach out in the next few days about this.
Old 12th September 2023, 10:00   #4768

Quote:
Update:

My issue was because of the SD card.
I was using a normal SD card which resulted in frequent interruption of video recording and GPS signal (I believe so).

I then installed an SD card approved by Viofo and took the car for a longish spin. Now everything works smoothly. No interruption of GPS signal too.
I changed to recommended Extreme card but still had issues with hanging up and missed recording. On recommendation of Viofo team, have slow formatted the card in laptop, haven't faced any issues yet in last 48hrs.

I feel these problems occur more when I connect to cam wifi after switching off the car. Will have to observe in coming days if that actually is the case.

Again, Viofo team has been supportive and has offered to replace the cam if issue doesn't get resolved.
lord_almighty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 10:19   #4769
BHPian

Guys - sort of a stupid question. I am planning to put the dashcam on both of my cars. One of my cars is still in warranty and hence do not want any hardwiring. So, from the threads, I understand that we can directly connect the dashcam to the 12v socket. When the car is parked - does this cause some battery draining - I mean, should we remove the plug from the 12v socket after the car is parked?
Old 14th September 2023, 09:04   #4770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranknair View Post
Guys - sort of a stupid question. I am planning to put the dashcam on both of my cars. One of my cars is still in warranty and hence do not want any hardwiring. So, from the threads, I understand that we can directly connect the dashcam to the 12v socket. When the car is parked - does this cause some battery draining - I mean, should we remove the plug from the 12v socket after the car is parked?

When you switch off the car the power in the 12v socket also switches off.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks