Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2022, 13:43   #3841
BANNED

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
Looking for a minimalistic dashcam and planning to install 70mai M300 + CPL filter using suction mount for better flexibility, only worry is how the suction mount will hold up in long term due to continuous exposure to harsh sunlight.

Attachment 2279483
I just ordered 70mai M300 + CPL filter, but without the suction mount. My prior experiences with suction mounts for phone on Windshield were not inspiring enough, also without suction mount the camera would be less prominent.
But, please update your experience once you use the suction mount, which may change my prospective.
Also, may I know, what SD Card are you planning to use with it?
Old 2nd March 2022, 13:53   #3842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I just ordered 70mai M300 + CPL filter, but without the suction mount. My prior experiences with suction mounts for phone on Windshield were not inspiring enough, also without suction mount the camera would be less prominent.
But, please update your experience once you use the suction mount, which may change my prospective.
Below is the screenshot from Amazon , these are the ones recommended by the seller/importer Nexdigitron.

https://www.amazon.in/70mai-M300-G-S...73&sr=8-1&th=1

Name:  70mai.PNG
Views: 1809
Size:  370.0 KB

Last edited by AjinkyaP : 2nd March 2022 at 13:58.
AjinkyaP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 15:55   #3843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
only worry is how the suction mount will hold up in long term due to continuous exposure to harsh sunlight.
Attachment 2279483
I used Transcend dashcam on suction mount before, it never fell in 4 years of use (parked under sun for long hour, did not face any issue). Trick is to use lightly soapy water on suction cup and fix it, and let it dry fully before you go out for a drive;
Or, use double sided clear tape on suction cup and paste it. These clear tapes are easier to remove and does not leave any stain and visually similar to suction cup/windscreen - transparent (had to remove dashcam with mount in one case to use it in another car, used double sided clear tape for easier and faster installation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Not sure about 70mai M300 dashcam; those using 70mai A500 or 500s can use up to 256gb Samsung sd card. Using it in my dual channel dash cam, no issues so far; and can record 16 hours of footage in full resolution of both the channels.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 2nd March 2022 at 16:03.
dipdawiz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 20:23   #3844
Sen
BHPian

Investing in a 70mai A500s Pro Plus+ dual channel w/256 gig memory card for Taco finally. Question - If I'm not very keen on DIY, where do y'all recommend I get it installed in Bangalore?

A car accessories store? Official VW service center/body shop?

I'll be hardwiring it and enabling parking surveillance as well, so more wires are undoubtedly involved than usual.

Any advice?

Last edited by Sen : 3rd March 2022 at 20:25.
Old 3rd March 2022, 20:47   #3845

Is there any dashcam that does all 3 recording (front, passenger and rear)?

Also, does hardwiring to enable parking surveillance (via ASC) void warranty of car's electricals?

Last edited by Aditya : 4th March 2022 at 08:16. Reason: Typo
Old 4th March 2022, 08:13   #3846
Senior - BHPian

Just look for 3 channel dash cams
https://www.amazon.in/T130-3CH-Inter...66688155&psc=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by StableRide View Post
Is there any dashcam that does all 3 recording (front, passanger and rear)?
@sen. Do the high capacity 256 GB cards work on Dash Cams?

Last edited by Sebring : 4th March 2022 at 08:15.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 10:27   #3847
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

A couple of days ago I had occasion to drive a car fitted with a rearview mirror-based dashcam. It was a 70mai-something-or-the-other.

I don't know whether it was because of the car it was fitted in (2022 Mahindra Thar); or if it was merely a not-optimal installation (held onto the original mirror by clips maybe?) or if it is a downside of such dashcams; but the thing vibrated so much and so violently while driving that it was completely useless as a rearview-mirror and I am sure (since the camera is mounted on that thing) it was uselsss as a dahcam too!

I am glad both dashcams I have ever used were mounted on the windshield itself.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 13:18   #3848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
As per the image of dashcam provided on amazon, this 3 channel dashcam would record the car's interior towards the Left Hand Side Steering wheel, whereas our cars in India are Right Hand Drive. So does this dashcam have a modified model for Indian Right hand Drive cars ?
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-e9259afa4e0e4b9490c68e1f92f560a1.__cr00970600_pt0_sx970_v1___.jpg
Old 4th March 2022, 15:18   #3849
Senior - BHPian

You want to record only the driver? This is for the cabin. There are other 3 channel cams available I guess, from different brands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
As per the image of dashcam provided on amazon, this 3 channel dashcam would record the car's interior towards the Left Hand Side Steering wheel, whereas our cars in India are Right Hand Drive. So does this dashcam have a modified model for Indian Right hand Drive cars ?
Old 4th March 2022, 15:52   #3850
BHPian

Quote:
You want to record only the driver?
The description of the 3 channel dashcam mentioned in your previous post is described by its manufacturer as :- "Cover Your Side Window Safety"
And I reckon if the cabin-camera is facing the left part of the dashcam then it would not be rotate-able towards the Right Hand Side window of the driver in Indian cars.

Anyway no issue, will check other options in 3channel dashcams, thanks.

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 4th March 2022 at 15:55. Reason: prrof-read
Old 4th March 2022, 19:06   #3851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Just for everyone's benefit, here is the difference between CPL and w/o CPL. This CPL filter is on 70mai A500S Pro Plus+ installed in my Seltos.

Attachment 2269930
(compressed image hence the quality is not up to the mark)
This is a great find buddy
I had bought a 70 mai Pro single channel dash in Jan-2019 from Aliexpress and was noticing a lot of glare on the screen from the dash in bright sunlight. Wrote to 70Mai customer care and they asked for a few footage. They reverted back saying we do not have any solution for this as of now. And i tried every possible place to search for a CPL filter for the 70 Mai dash. Though viofo dashcams had options of additional CPL filters.

Will definitely order this if someone can confirm if they have used it on the 70 Mai Pro versions (Which is now pro plus). Wanted to check before ordering as this product is not returnable.

Also if someone can help me does the pro model supports 128 GB cards?
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 19:20   #3852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post

Will definitely order this if someone can confirm if they have used it on the 70 Mai Pro versions (Which is now pro plus). Wanted to check before ordering as this product is not returnable.
Website description says Compatible Models: 70mai Lite, Pro, A500 & A500S. So Pro is mentioned. And this A500 is Pro Plus, A500S is Pro Plus+. Also you can drop them(nexdigitron) a mail to confirm. they respond fast.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 11:16   #3853
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
Attachment 2280239
No, this works only for Left-hand drive vehicles. Any 3-way dashcam will only work that way, they do not cater to Commonwwealth countries.

Quote:
You want to record only the driver? This is for the cabin. There are other 3 channel cams available I guess, from different brands
These cams are commonly known as taxi-cams or Uber-cams because they record the cabin to provide evidence and safety for the driver; and they also cater to recording any interactions when stopped by the police - and that's why they swivel to the Left front window and not to the Right.

So, if your idea is to record the cabin and passengers, these cams are absolutely fine even for India.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 12:44   #3854
Sen
BHPian

Quote:
@sen. Do the high capacity 256 GB cards work on Dash Cams?
Apparently does (with the A500s anyway!), also vouched for by the post above mine.

I'll use it and confirm for sure, but 16 hours of approximate recording time is too good to pass up on two channels, especially for recording trips! I'll keep the thread posted once I get and use it
Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 09:38   #3855

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Just for everyone's benefit, here is the difference between CPL and w/o CPL. This CPL filter is on 70mai A500S Pro Plus+ installed in my Seltos.

Attachment 2269930
(compressed image hence the quality is not up to the mark)
Hi, i have the old model https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07NPNK54Z/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

In your opinion, will the filter work just the same with this also?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks