Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2020, 17:50   #3091
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I think Kent Eye is the only Indian brand per se but that dashcam retails around 17k.

Other than that Pioneer and JVC are the ones which you can try.

I am confident within 5-7k you will get the entry-level models for these brands.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 11:14   #3092
Senior - BHPian

Anker Roav DashCam A0

I bought the Anker Roav DashCam A0 for my car. Got it for Rs 6800 from Car Decor, Mangalore (on Amazon.in, it is listed for Rs 8400)
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-71ijrnlbxkl._sl1500_.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-rov_box_1.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-rov_box_2.jpg

Highlights
Record Details: The high quality sensor, F1.4 lens and dual processor record all drives with 1080p high quality. The camera captures the license plate more accurately.
High Definition Video: Equipped with a state-of-the-art image sensor, high-performance dual processor, and wide dynamic range (WDR) video system, recording with full HD (1080p) and 2 million-pixel high-definition video has been achieved.
Panoramic View: With a 170 ° super wide-angle lens, you can record not only cars in front but also up to 6 lanes.
Easy Access to Video: Built-in Wi-Fi for easy viewing and sharing of images. You can check the video transferred to your smartphone with a dedicated application.
Parking Monitoring Function: Equipped with a G sensor, even if there is an impact due to a collision while the engine is stopped, recording starts immediately.

It came with a 8GB Micro SD card(ordered a 128 GB Micro SD card).
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-rov_incar_1.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-rov_incar_3.jpg
Screenshots from recorded videos. Its been raining continuously , so I am factoring in some loss of clarity in the videos because of rain.
Day:
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-rov_1.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-rov_2.jpg

Twilight:
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-rov_night_1.jpg

Night:
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-rov_night_2.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-rov_night_3.jpg

The Dashcam has Wi-Fi function through which recorded videos can be viewed on the mobile phone thought Roav mobile app(switch on Wi-FI in the camera and your mobile and connect them through Wi-Fi to each other). Clarity of the recorded videos is pretty good. The registration numbers of the car ahead can be seen very clearly in the videos(Excellent during day time and okayish in the night)

Mobile App Interface:
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_20200809091907_roav.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_20200809091936_roav.jpg

Viewing videos in the app through Wi-Fi
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_20200809092012_roav.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_20200809092030_roav.jpg
skanchan95 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 13:59   #3093
Senior - BHPian

I got my Transcend DashCam 220 in 2015. I was lucky enough to install the a Transcend High Endurance card (Specific to surveillance equipment). Look for labels like Extreme (SanDisk) or surveillance rated (WD Purple). Others will give up in no time, given the constant read/write. Also, the market is flooded with fakes, so I cross check the serial number (in case of Samsung Pro Endurance))
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Also ordered a 64 GB card as well.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_6297.jpg  

Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 14:21   #3094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
. Also, the market is flooded with fakes, so I cross check the serial number (in case of Samsung Pro Endurance))
How do I check the authenticity of the SD card?

Is there an online link available?

Mine is EVO Plus (Model Code-MB-MC64GA/IN)
Old 9th August 2020, 15:12   #3095
BHPian

I messed up a bit. Cleaned the windscreen area with a cleaner and wiped it well (atleast that's what I thought)The electrostatic plastic did not stick well as the solution to clean had not dried well. The device fell off within few minutes. I realised the plastic is not sticking to the windscreen may be cause the surface wasn't completely dry. Fortunately the seller is helping me out to fix the issue. My mistake should be a good tip for all. Clean the area and wipe it dry. Dont haste so your efforts and money doesnt go waste.

The plastic is stuck to the device's glue so damn good that it is impossible to peel it out. Even the 3M guys gave up and said it is better to check with the seller if he is able to replace.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img20200809wa0012.jpeg  

Last edited by VWAllstar : 9th August 2020 at 15:13.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 15:26   #3096
Senior - BHPian

Just see this video for your SD card
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
How do I check the authenticity of the SD card?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 15:27   #3097
BHPian

Hello friends,

Need urgent help. I had an incident about an hour ago in RR Nagar Bangalore. Need help is retrieving dashcam footage. Most of the files I downloaded are not playing on standard player. The camera i have in my car is Whistler, bought in US about an year ago (or more).
I am safe. I need to retrieve footage for an offending 2 wheeler rider who broke my window glass and has caused injury to me as well in a roadrash. Will send detailed account of the incident later.

Anybody in RR Nagar who can help please.

Regards,

Girish

Mod Note - Please capitalize wherever necessary, also, please type in full, no SMS language please.

Thank You.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th August 2020 at 11:05. Reason: Mod note attached.
G-BoleroBoy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th August 2020, 15:46   #3098
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad that you are safe
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
Most of the files i downloaded are not playing on standard player. camera i have in my car is Whistler, bought in US about an year ago (or more)
Standard format should be MP4. Which player did you try with?
Old 10th August 2020, 16:05   #3099
BHPian

it shows up as MP4. but old files. latest ones are hidden and unable to open with standard player like vlc, or windows media player, movie player etc
Old 10th August 2020, 16:40   #3100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
it shows up as MP4. but old files. latest ones are hidden and unable to open with standard player like vlc, or windows media player, movie player etc
Your SD card is to blame, had probably malfunctioned much before the incident. When did you last check, pull any footage or format the card?

If it's there on the SD card, try playing the file on the camera. Form what I've read that can sometimes repair the file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
I messed up a bit. Cleaned the windscreen area with a cleaner and wiped it well (atleast that's what I thought)The electrostatic plastic did not stick well as the solution to clean had not dried well. The device fell off within few minutes. I realised the plastic is not sticking to the windscreen may be cause the surface wasn't completely dry. Fortunately the seller is helping me out to fix the issue. My mistake should be a good tip for all. Clean the area and wipe it dry. Dont haste so your efforts and money doesnt go waste.

The plastic is stuck to the device's glue so damn good that it is impossible to peel it out. Even the 3M guys gave up and said it is better to check with the seller if he is able to replace.

Ditch the film, better to stick it directly to the windscreen. If the camera didn't come with spare 3M adhesive pads, you could get a roll of 3M 5952.

I clean the windshield area intended for the camera with isopropyl alcohol. Never had a camera fall off.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 10th August 2020 at 17:08. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Please use multi quote button to quote more than one post. Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 17:45   #3101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hii, further to my post from a few days ago :

Finally the dashcam has arrived. Thought the arrival date said 9th Aug, it was delivered in a day itself. Now im stuck

The GPS mount which I picked up immediately , is yet to arrive. Plan is to install GPS mount and affix the 70 Mai Pro on the Jazz and use the bundled mount to affix on the rear of the XUV.
All websites mention only 64 GB compatibility hence had planned to pick one up one during upcoming sale but its great to know 128 is supported as well

70 MAI PRO:

Hii guys ,in addition to the Dashcam the GPS mount too arrived a few days later. Both have now been installed.
Picked up 64 GB Sandisk Ultra and same being used with the Dashcam.
Noticed few points to consider:
- The initial calibration with GPS mount took at least 15- 20 mins , maybe because of the cloudy day, but eventually worked out.
- When reviewing footage, weirdly the GPS data did not show on the Laptop(MacBook) but with the app is showing on the phone when connected to wifi and videos are being watched.
Anyone faced similar issue.
Few pictures of installation.
Last picture has an older date, which was updated to current latest time/ date. This was done by sync to phone time feature in the app and using phone time.
Cool feature in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-dc-3.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-dc-1.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-dc-2.jpg  

vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 18:46   #3102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
Ditch the film, better to stick it directly to the windscreen. If the camera didn't come with spare 3M adhesive pads, you could get a roll of 3M 5952.

I clean the windshield area intended for the camera with isopropyl alcohol. Never had a camera fall off.
Have returned the product. Will buy the one with GPS later in the year. Now anyways there won't be any travel so have postponed the purchase.
I had sprayed the solution just before sticking the film, may be hence it lost its electrostatic strength and became useless there on. The adhesive on the cam made it impossible to remove the film off it.
Old 10th August 2020, 20:28   #3103
Distinguished - BHPian

Facing an issue with 70mai Pro Dashcam I procured recently. Between two footages, its skipping 20 seconds often, which can be crucial. Any idea what the issue is?

Also its giving frequent audible warnings to change/format the memory card.

Please help me out.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 10th August 2020, 20:28   #3104
Senior - BHPian

So finally I took my Roav C1 out! I think its one of the nicest looking Dashcams in the market. The contours are hugging the curves of the glass pretty well. It fixes directly to the windshield using a very powerful 3M double sided tape (suction cups don't last a season as I found out last time). Looks very discrete, and the size is just about right (as opposed to my older Transcend 220). The lens can be moved up and down in four steps. Came with a very high quality Anker 'dual USB' adapter. Controls are all easy (reassuringly beeps), and wifi loads well with all the videos in my iPhone. Love its 'parking-impact emergency record' feature. When it's 'ON' there is a chime alert, ruling out any second guessing. Quality at 1080P is decent, can zoom into number plates (But I'd go for a new/better 4K model in Jan 2021). Price: Rs. 3100. Picked up a Samsung Pro Endurance, Class 10, 64 GB (which is surveillance grade). This will safely record a video/s for 640 minutes. Price: Rs 1,800. Registered the serial number with Samsung (to check its authenticity, and warranty), inserted it in, and I'm all set. Pretty happy with this duo.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sebring : 10th August 2020 at 20:54.
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 20:38   #3105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Facing an issue with 70mai Pro Dashcam I procured recently. Between two footages, its skipping 20 seconds often, which can be crucial. Any idea what the issue is?

Also its giving frequent audible warnings to change/format the memory card.

Please help me out.

Regards,
Shashi
Did you format the card in the camera?

If yes, then try a different card. You could test the problematic card for errors with H2Testw.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks