Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2020, 10:20   #3016
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
1. 70mai Smart Dash Cam, 1080P Full HD, 130° Wide Angle, Automatic Emergency Recording, Loop Recording, App and Voice Control
I got a 70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro last month and I'm pretty happy with it's performance. I have reviewed it in my car ownership thread. I have also uploaded couple of sample videos (day and night). You can have a look at it here.

Quote:
This would be my first dash cam and my budget is around 5000 Rs.
I bought the one without the GPS module and it costed me Rs.6299, which is slightly above your budget. But I recommend going with the Pro version instead of the normal one as the quality of the video captured by this is really good.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 21st July 2020 at 10:26.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 10:40   #3017
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for this recommendation. This product is available with Furper.Com (India). Any idea how reliable this site is? My friend used it once and they delivered an open box (not sealed), so he was complaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I got a 70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro last month and I'm pretty happy with it's performance.
Old 21st July 2020, 10:48   #3018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Thanks for this recommendation. This product is available with Furper.Com (India). Any idea how reliable this site is? My friend used it once and they delivered an open box (not sealed), so he was complaining.
I have never come across that website so I won't be able to comment about it I ordered my camera from Amazon and they shipped it in an immaculate condition. The reseller of that camera in Amazon had mostly positive reviews.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 13:36   #3019
BHPian

Quote:
3. DDPAI Mini Car Dash Camera, Full HD 1080p, Exmor CMOS Sensor, WDR, 140° Wide Angle, G-Sensor, WiFi, Parking Mode, Upto 128GB
I have been using DDPai Mini 2P for quite some time. The quality of the product as much as the media files (Videos/ Image) all are very good.

Surely recommended.
King_pin09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 14:19   #3020
BHPian

Quote:

Requirements are:
1. It should not be bulky
2. Not necessary to have a screen since mostly all dash cams have their mobile app which would connect using the Bluetooth
3. Night vision is important (mostly that is the time I leave for my tours)

Few dash cams which I have shortlisted as per the budget are:

1. 70mai Smart Dash Cam, 1080P Full HD, 130° Wide Angle, Automatic Emergency Recording, Loop Recording, App and Voice Control

If anyone has been using it and if they have provided a review for any of the dash cam mentioned above, it would be really appreciated. Thank you.
I've been using this 70mai smart dash cam pro since little over a year now. Bought from Banggood at little less than INR 4k including shipping and transit insurance. The price has increased significantly since then and it would make sense to get it from Amazon India for the added peace of mind.

Coming to the review, this has been an exceptional VFM camera IMO and fits my requirements well. I have never tried any other dash cam so I can't provide a comparison review though. I do a lot of night drives too and the low light visibility is good if not excellent. The camera has been used to record footage of over 10k kms in last one year and its been working flawlessly without any hiccups at all in terms of recording quality or connection with phone. The camera firmware updates are not that frequent, maybe once or twice in last one year. Lastly, the audio and video quality is pretty decent for a dash cam, especially in broad daylight. I mostly use a lower video resolution to capture extended footage duration during by trips but those are decent as well. The app is easy to use as well. But with the price increase, I'm not sure if it is still a VFM contender compared to your other options in that range. Let me know if you have any other queries on this one.

Quote:

I bought the one without the GPS module and it costed me Rs.6299, which is slightly above your budget. But I recommend going with the Pro version instead of the normal one as the quality of the video captured by this is really good.
Get the GPS module, its pretty fun as now with the latest firmware update it captures real-time speed and location which will come in hand in case of untoward incidents. Also the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) is pretty nifty especially the lane departure warnings and other voice alerts on highway runs. It can get irritating at times especially in city but the lane departure warnings get activated only beyond 80kmph which is a good thing.

As a downside, sometimes on a spirited highway run in my Abarth Punto, its easy to get back to back lane departure warnings from the smart dash cam which can be slightly distracting. This is when my co-passenger steps in and issues a warning of her own, and I'm back to cruising.
camitesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 15:15   #3021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
No shipping details yet.

Going to wait till the end of the week, if the status doesn't change - https://razorpay.com/dispute-guide/?...ayment_success
Any update on the order status? Or delivery?? No reply to any email on sharmaraj152208@gmail.com
Old 23rd July 2020, 15:23   #3022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Any update on the order status? Or delivery?? No reply to any email on sharmaraj152208@gmail.com
No reply here either. As mentioned on the Razorpay confirmation link, will raise a dispute once 7-10 days have elapsed.

Sorry guys...
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 20:03   #3023
Senior - BHPian

Voice command is a cool feature. Instead of keeping in Rec. mode always, I can just summon it to 'Record' right! How does it respond to command? Warming up to this product, but then a rear view mirror cam is equally appealing right now. Thanks for your patient replies
Quote:
I got a 70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro last month and I'm pretty happy with it's performance.
Old 23rd July 2020, 20:27   #3024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Voice command is a cool feature. Instead of keeping in Rec. mode always, I can just summon it to 'Record' right! How does it respond to command? Warming up to this product, but then a rear view mirror cam is equally appealing right now. Thanks for your patient replies
It works pretty well. I usually use them quite frequently to capture a quick photo while recording video or mute the sound when I don't want some conversation to be recorded. It's very helpful as you need not meddle with those tiny buttons while driving. You can't start/stop video recording with voice commands.

It supports these commands:
  • Take picture - Takes a photo.
  • Record video - Records an emergency video clip and saves it into a separate folder in the SD card.
  • Record without sound - Stops recording the sound.
  • Record with sound: Starts recording the sound.
  • Turn on WiFi: Turns on WiFi hotspot.
  • Turn off WiFi: Turns off WiFi hotspot.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 23rd July 2020 at 20:30.
guyfrmblr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 20:32   #3025
BANNED

Smug can land you in trouble!
This is the second time in the forum, that I am again highlighting the fact that having a Dash cam is a good thing, but one needs to learn a few basics like:
  • First thing to do, when you are stuck into something wrong is - don't tell the other party about dash cam!
  • If you are in a VIP / VVIP locality and encounter the cops over any issue like wrong turn, red light jump etc - never show the smartness of telling them that the dash cam has recorded everything
  • If you have recorded something of importance, the the first thing you do it protect and hide the dash cam before anyone knows that it's there.

We have just returned after spending a long day with cops and having got one dash cam confiscated, and of course - uncertainty of future.

Why? This gentleman of ours jumped a T point red light inear one of the VVIP areas of New Delhi. He got stopped by the cops. So the gentleman started arguing that the car ahead of his is not stopped, and cops are harassing him only because the car is from a different state quite far from Delhi.

Cops actually gently told him that the left lane, across the small median is free on the extreme left or say left of the light, but he is in the main carriageway, and hence he has jumped the red light, while the car ahead of him had passed in the amber itself.

Now this boy and his even more intelligent wife have got in an argument that they are being harassed, and in their full smug - told the cops that they have everything; their entire route recorded in their dash cam. So, the cops asked them for the permission to make a video recording in the said area, as the photography and video recording there is completely prohibited.

Both have spent their entire afternoon in the police station, the camera footage has a few recordings like one VIP cavalcade (old recording still in came) with cars equipped with jammers etc (yes, a big shot), area around the PM house, some wrong turns, the road that passes near the US embassy, and finally the point where the vehicle was stopped.

Finally? The smartness have got an FIR filed, the camera confiscated and sent for inspection, with a clear note that the hubby will have to visit the police station whenever summoned.

What I learned?
As per the official and even their higher ups, in the areas where the photography and videography is prohibited or can be done only after the permission; you better turn off the dash cam. Today if they allow citizens to do it, someone with ill intentions can also record the entire area with fine details and use it for anti national activities.

Moral of the story:
Have the dash cam, but you need not tell every other person that you have been recording everything.
VKumar is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 01:40   #3026
Senior - BHPian

A dash cam needs a high-endurance micro-SD card, given its high rates of read/write. I believe fakes abound in the market. Any suggestions on where to buy an original card, and which brand? My friend was saying there is very high chance the Lexar 633 and WD Purple are Original. San Disc ones don't last, I believe. That leaves us with Samsung High Endurance range (Any thoughts on this?). Thanks in advance
Old 24th July 2020, 01:42   #3027
BHPian

Quote:
A dash cam needs a high-endurance micro-SD card, given its high rates of read/write. I believe fakes abound in the market. Any suggestions on where to buy an original card, and which brand? My friend was saying there is very high chance the Lexar 633 and WD Purple are Original. San Disc ones don't last, I believe. That leaves us with Samsung High Endurance range (Any thoughts on this?). Thanks in advance
Look for 'sold and fulfilled by Amazon'. Lexar as per latest reports is not what it used to be.
harsh79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 12:26   #3028
BHPian

I recently purchased my first dash-cam, a Blueskysea B1W after going through the reviews here and elsewhere. Product was installed at a local garage and its been 3 months of using it so far.

I noticed a couple of issues and was wondering if anyone here experienced the same or has a solution.

1. When i open the mobile app and check the settings, the date and timestamp is correct. However, when i play any recorded video, sometimes the timestamp shows 2012/2015 (random dates, can't really see any pattern)

2. The LED is always blinking when i drive the car (supposed to show that the ride is being recorded) however, when I connect to the dashcam to download/view the video I have noticed that there has been no video recorded. This has happened on multiple occasions.
shreyascashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 09:52   #3029
BHPian

Which one is ideal for dashcam mount? A suction one or a 3m tape? In Bangalore, most of the A.S.C. insist on removing the dashcam before servicing. Can we remove and reattach these tapes? OTOH, suction mounts can be removed and attached again. But these mounts are prone to minute vibration (at least mine does) which makes video capture little blurry. I am looking for a dashcam upgrade and this is one deciding factor for me.
Old 26th July 2020, 11:07   #3030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Which one is ideal for dashcam mount? A suction one or a 3m tape? In Bangalore, most of the A.S.C. insist on removing the dashcam before servicing. Can we remove and reattach these tapes?
Both my front and rear dashcams are installed with 3M tapes. Camera can be detached from the mount easily, no need to remove the tape.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks