Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2020, 10:10   #3166
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

That wi-fi feature is very much required. Otherwise its cumbersome. Even my Rs 3000 ROAV has it
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Blaupunkt Dashcam - seems the product doesn't have Wifi feature which means you have to keep removing the SD card in case you want to view any of the recordings.?
Old 4th October 2020, 11:37   #3167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeepkamboj View Post
As far as a dashcam is concerned, I might go with Blaupunkt dashcam which is officially available from Tata. Though it is an outdated model but will solve the purpose.
Quote:

Blaupunkt Dashcam - seems the product doesn't have Wifi feature which means you have to keep removing the SD card in case you want to view any of the recordings.?
A word of caution, the Blaupunkt DashCams have very poor picture quality. And due to lack of WiFi, you'll have to remove card to watch any video and it leads to SD card getting corrupted.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 12:12   #3168
BHPian

Wondering if there're any dashcams which can double up as front parking camera and be integrated into OEM Hyundai infotainment system in the new Creta?
Old 5th October 2020, 23:38   #3169
Senior - BHPian

Planning to buy a product (70mai A800) from Banggood. Will they charge customs duty as in the case of Ali express or are their rate inclusive of all taxes. I never dealt with Banggood hence this clarification.?
Old 6th October 2020, 00:41   #3170
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to buy a product (70mai A800) from Banggood. Will they charge customs duty as in the case of Ali express or are their rate inclusive of all taxes. I never dealt with Banggood hence this clarification.?
Had to pay custom duty when I purchased from Banggood. Usually, custom duty is charged on the value declared by the seller.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 06:18   #3171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do check, Banggood has stopped deliveries to India. You can check on Amazon India for 70mai DashCams. I was checking for a Viofo129 for someone and I got this message.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img20201006wa0000__01.jpg

Last edited by BoneCollector : 6th October 2020 at 06:32.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 07:25   #3172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Do check, Banggood has stopped deliveries to India. You can check on Amazon India for 70mai DashCams. I was checking for a Viofo129 for someone and I got this message.
Thanks, however Amazon does not have 70mai A800 model. They have 70mai pro and other models. Only Aliexpress and Banggood is the one selling the 70mai latest model i.e A800.
Old 6th October 2020, 11:04   #3173
Senior - BHPian

I have been comparing SJ Cam - SJDash+ GPS, DDPAI Mola Z5 (touchscreen), JVC GC-DRE10 and 70mai pro GPS.

All the first 3 camera's come with charger cable with micro USB at the camera end (to connect the camera to the charger). Still checking on 70mai pro whether it also have same micro USB cable or mini USB cable.

The thing is that, I already have a wiring (done for my existing mirror dash cam) which has a mini USB at the camera end. I want to use this wiring for the new camera, hence I prefer to buy a dash cam with mini USB cable slot and not a micro USB slot.

I believe all latest camera's comes with a micro USB slot. Is there any possibility I can use the existing wiring with a mini USB to connect to the micro USB slot??
Old 6th October 2020, 12:37   #3174
BHPian

Quote:

I believe all latest camera's comes with a micro USB slot. Is there any possibility I can use the existing wiring with a mini USB to connect to the micro USB slot??
Hi,

Mini USBs are getting rarer by the day. You can search for a mini to micro converter on Amazon. They aren't much reliable though.
ManishSoni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 19:17   #3175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManishSoni View Post
Hi,

Mini USBs are getting rarer by the day. You can search for a mini to micro converter on Amazon. They aren't much reliable though.
Thanks your suggestion. Yes, something like this may serve the purpose.

In the meantime, I have seen many brands with a number of video reviews, but getting more and more confused. My basic requirement is to record what's happening in front of the windshield and see them whenever needed that too conveniently. For this, I don't need very expensive camera's as all Dashcam's will do the same job, but expensive ones will have more features.

At the moment, I have shortlisted 70Mai Pro, DDPAI Mola Z5, JVC GC-DRE10, Akaso Trace 1, and SJ CAM - SJDASH+.

Among the above 5 camera's, only 70mai pro comes with voice command and DDPAI Mola Z5 comes with Touchscreen. Once we do the setting and fix the camera on the windshield, then the touch screen has no big job, as we don't need to play with it often, I think.

However, with 70mai pro having voicemail command which is a great feature as you can give commands like 'take a photo' or 'switch off the display' etc. without moving from the driving seat. In case we have to take some urgent shots (say something unexpected happening in front of us, on the road), we can just give voice command and camera will do the job.

But in case of other brand camera's, we need to lean towards the camera which was placed behind the IRVM and find the switch and in the meantime we have to concentrate the driving too. So all in all I think the voice command is very useful for dash cameras which makes life easy for the driver.

Anyway, I have still not finalised which brand to go as I want to delay the purchase till 17th of this month when Amazon starts its 'Great Indian Festival' and good discounts may be available in that time. Also possibilities are there that some new model camera's can also be listed (am expecting 70mai A800 to be listed during the festival).

Shall keep you all updated.
Old 7th October 2020, 11:31   #3176
BHPian

Looking for a dual cam setup. Is there an economical option than DDPAI X2S Pro?

https://www.amazon.in/Channel-Record.../dp/B07LCPKX66
Old 7th October 2020, 12:26   #3177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Looking for a dual cam setup. Is there an economical option than DDPAI X2S Pro?
70mai A800 also comes with dual camera set up, but it is available only in banggood and aliexpress and not yet listed in Amazon.

Details

Also, believe DDPAI comes without a display screen and you have to monitor through smartphone?
nairrk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 12:59   #3178
BHPian

Quote:
Also, believe DDPAI comes without a display screen and you have to monitor through smartphone?
Seeing the details, I guess so. I am just starting to check the details about dash cams.
Are there any advantage in having a screen other than than playing the captured footage?
Old 7th October 2020, 13:33   #3179
Senior - BHPian

One more website offering Dashcams at low prices. They offer COD though.
https://dashcameras.in
Old 7th October 2020, 13:59   #3180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Are there any advantage in having a screen other than than playing the captured footage?
It depends on individual preference.

Advantages to a Dash Cam with a Screen - Instantaneous playback and convenient device configuration – Review footage and make changes to dash cam settings whenever you want directly on the screen itself.

Receive on-screen and audio notifications – Provided that you have the screen display on at all times, you will receive both types of notifications for certain features like Safety Camera Alerts. Also, you can take spot photo shots whenever you needed (in case you see some abnormal scene on the road, provided the camera has that feature)

Dash Cam Without a Screen - Not having a screen allows a more compact design comparing a camera with a screen. But you always to depend on the mobile app/Wifi to review footage, download important files, and make device changes etc.
nairrk is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks