Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2020, 17:56   #3196
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Have you all got the product or at least some reply from them?

In the meantime, I again checked the features of 70Mai A800 which does not have the Voice control feature as in the case of 70Mai pro (sorry, I wrongly mentioned in one of my previous message i.e. post no. 3191 that this Camera comes with voice control).

By the way, 70Mai pro is not available now on Amazon.

No we have not received the product and there is absolutely update from them, trying to reach them through mail or phone have been Futile.
Old 19th October 2020, 18:36   #3197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you all got the product or at least some reply from them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiransri_bng View Post
No we have not received the product and there is absolutely update from them, trying to reach them through mail or phone have been Futile.
Got a mail asking for feedback and offering discount coupons. The prices seem to have got corrected though. Not received the products yet.

Name:  Screen Shot 20201019 at 6.31.37 PM.png
Views: 2872
Size:  26.0 KB

1. DDPAI MOLA E3 REARVIEW MIRROR DASHCAM 1440P FRONT 1080P REAR for Rs. 1000/-
2. DDPAI MINI 3 DASHCAM, 3K 1600P, BUILT-IN 32GB for Rs. 90/-
3. 70mai TPMS Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Lite for Rs. 1000/-
Old 19th October 2020, 21:19   #3198
BHPian

Need suggestions for my Baleno. Here are my shortlists :

1. DDPAI Mini Car Dash Camera with Upgraded Night Recording & Processor, Full HD 1080p with H.265, 140° Wide Angle, G-Sensor, WiFi, Parking Mode, Upto 128GB Supported : Rs.3499/- (link)

2. Blueskysea B1W WiFi Mini Dash Cam Car Camera Vehicle Video Driving Recorder 360 Degree Rotatable Lens 1080p 30fps G-Sensor Loop Recording (B1W) - Rs.4799/- (link)

Budget is a constraint hence chose the above two. Requesting to help me finalize a suitable product. Don't have much knowledge on these products, I am DYI challenged as well hence need to get it installed outside post purchase.

Please help !
Old 19th October 2020, 22:27   #3199
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
1. DDPAI Mini Car Dash Camera with Upgraded Night Recording & Processor, Full HD 1080p with H.265, 140° Wide Angle, G-Sensor, WiFi, Parking Mode, Upto 128GB Supported : Rs.3499/-

2. Blueskysea B1W WiFi Mini Dash Cam Car Camera Vehicle Video Driving Recorder 360 Degree Rotatable Lens 1080p 30fps G-Sensor Loop Recording (B1W) - Rs.4799/-
I'll suggest you to go ahead with DDPai Mini dashcam. VFM for what it offers at that price.

Also get a hardwiring kit and then proceed with the installation.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 22:58   #3200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Need suggestions for my Baleno. Here are my shortlists :

1. DDPAI Mini Car Dash Camera with Upgraded Night Recording & Processor, Full HD 1080p with H.265, 140° Wide Angle, G-Sensor, WiFi, Parking Mode, Upto 128GB Supported : Rs.3499/- (link)

2. Blueskysea B1W WiFi Mini Dash Cam Car Camera Vehicle Video Driving Recorder 360 Degree Rotatable Lens 1080p 30fps G-Sensor Loop Recording (B1W) - Rs.4799/- (link)

Please help !
Both above camera models do not have a display screen. If you can live with a camera without screen, then recommend going with DDPAI camera. No doubt DDPAI is the best comparing the other one..
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 11:24   #3201
BHPian

Even though I had the 70mai dashcam pro installed on my Seltos since delivery, this thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...tallation.html (DIY: Kia Seltos Dash Cam Installation)) helped me in finding a way to open the glovebox and conceal it inside it rather than leaving it outside with chances of it coming down later.

Link to the Product which I am using - https://www.70mai.com/en/dash-cam-pro/

One additional thing which I did was to wrap the dashcam wire with Cotton Insulation tape to avoid any chances of the wires getting heated up due to constant exposure to Sun.

Below is a picture of how I fixed my dashcam in a way that it is hardly noticeable from outside

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-20200819_091037.jpg
aswinpattath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 12:14   #3202
Senior - BHPian

@aswinpattath - Since you have been using the 70mai pro, please let me know how is the voice control feature - what all things you can control with this feature.

Also, how the GPS works here and what kind of assistance you get from it?
Old 21st October 2020, 13:31   #3203
BHPian

Quote:
@aswinpattath - Since you have been using the 70mai pro, please let me know how is the voice control feature - what all things you can control with this feature.
There are 4 Voice commands and they are: ”Take Picture”, “Record Video”, “Turn on Screen” and “Turn off Screen”. For all these, we have physical buttons also located near the screen. But while driving, I have found the Take Picture command very useful and have captured many pictures even when the system is recording the video.

Quote:
Also, how the GPS works here and what kind of assistance you get from it?
We will get the GPS co-ordinates imprinted in the recording which is the obvious feature and apart from that it also provides the following ADAS features.
  1. Voice alerts during lane change (over 80 km speed)
  2. Voice alerts for Vehicle in front of me
    and
  3. also at the signal, if the vehicle ahead of me starts moving after the green signal.
All the above alerts will work as designed and one can always disable any of the above from settings. I found the vehicle in front of me alert quite annoying at times especially while driving at crowded city highways.
aswinpattath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 14:56   #3204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswinpattath View Post
There are 4 Voice commands and they are: ”Take Picture”, “Record Video”, “Turn on Screen” and “Turn off Screen”. For all these, we have physical buttons also located near the screen. But while driving, I have found the Take Picture command very useful and have captured many pictures even when the system is recording the video.
Thanks for the reply. Few days back, I have shortlisted this camera, but then thought of going in for their latest model (70Mai A800) which was not available at that time on Amazon. Then got the news about Amazon Great Indian Festival and decided to wait till then.

Meanwhile, I was checking various other brands/models, but none have the Voice control feature. I was also looking into 70Mai A800 but in some review mentioned that A800 do not have the Voice control feature which I double checked and confirmed the information is correct.. So, I dropped the idea of buying A800 at Rs.12000 because in any case I don't need a back camera.

Back to 70Mai pro with GPS, and by that time it was not available on amazon and not sure it will be available soon. Even Flipkart also not listed this camera.

Another platform Digicartz have the 70Mai Pro sells at Rs.6900 (i.e around Rs.600 less than Amazon rate). I have no experience with this new online shopping company, hence still thinking whether to wait for Amazon or go with these guys.!
Old 21st October 2020, 15:16   #3205
BHPian

Quote:
Another platform Digicartz have the 70Mai Pro sells at Rs.6900 (i.e around Rs.600 less than Amazon rate). I have no experience with this new online shopping company, hence still thinking whether to wait for Amazon or go with these guys.!
Oh ok. Even I do not have any experience with Digicartz. I bought the 70mai pro with GPS from Amazon itself during last year's Great Indian Festival Sales for about 6800 including some card offers.

Here is the link to the product in Amazon - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But as you said its currently unavailable in Amazon. Not sure whether they will bring it back for Sale as a newer version is available in the market!
Old 22nd October 2020, 04:37   #3206
BHPian

Bought the 70mai dash cam pro from Amazon during the recent Indian festival sale. Got it for 5399.

Installed the cam and it works perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20201020_170011__01.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20201020_174922.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 06:53   #3207
BHPian

Bought the 70 mai dash cam pro recently. But I have question to the experts that whenever I remove the usb plug from port after switch off the car, date and time settings are gone, is there any way to keep the date and time?
Old 22nd October 2020, 07:52   #3208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Bought the 70mai dash cam pro from Amazon during the recent Indian festival sale. Got it for 5399.

Just to clarify - You got the 70Mai pro at Rs.5399/ - is it Pro with GPS or without GPS?

The last quote I have seen was at Rs.7499/- for the Pro model with GPS feature.
Old 22nd October 2020, 08:38   #3209
BHPian

Quote:
Just to clarify - You got the 70Mai pro at Rs.5399/ - is it Pro with GPS or without GPS?
I got the one without GPS.

The price was Rs.6349. I got a promotion of Rs.350 and bank discount of Rs.600.
Hence effective price came down to Rs.5399
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 13:28   #3210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Bought the 70 mai dash cam pro recently. But I have question to the experts that whenever I remove the usb plug from port after switch off the car, date and time settings are gone, is there any way to keep the date and time?
Have not experienced anything similar till now. For me, the date and time settings used to remain the same even after removing the camera from the car after unplugging.
Can you please check if enough battery power is there and your parking mode surveillance is working as expected? If it is not working, then it could be because of the battery not having enough charge or issue with the battery itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks