Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2020, 10:05   #3061
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Hi ankan.m.blr.

As mentioned in my post, I am still unable to view the videos in vlc. They play flawlessly in Windows Media Player.
Other than that, due to prolonged non-usage of the vehicle, kept the charging cable out of the 12V socket so I reset the date every time I go for a ride to keep battery charged.

Hope this post is useful to you.
Hii, further to my post from a few days ago :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4855459 (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread)

Finally the dashcam has arrived. Thought the arrival date said 9th Aug, it was delivered in a day itself. Now im stuck

The GPS mount which I picked up immediately , is yet to arrive. Plan is to install GPS mount and affix the 70 Mai Pro on the Jazz and use the bundled mount to affix on the rear of the XUV.
All websites mention only 64 GB compatibility hence had planned to pick one up one during upcoming sale but its great to know 128 is supported as well
Old 3rd August 2020, 10:55   #3062
MSC
BHPian

Hello.
I am looking for a dashcam for my Venue. Going by the present anti China scenario and sentiment, I too intend to go for a non Chinese brand.
After some research, I found out I was having very limited options if I wanted to avoid Chinese. Only options I am left with are Pioneer which has one dashcam priced somewhere around 8400. The other is Blaupunkt priced around 3500. The support for Blaupunkt is definitely nothing in comparison to Pioneer which obviously has more market presence as well as better support for repairs. Only drawback is slight higher price which is a norm with other Pioneer accesories as well.
Do we have any Pioneer dashcam users who can please give an insight on the capabilities of this Pioneer dashcam.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_20200803105312.jpg  

Last edited by MSC : 3rd August 2020 at 10:56.
Old 3rd August 2020, 14:21   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Hello.
I am looking for a dashcam for my Venue. Going by the present anti China scenario and sentiment, I too intend to go for a non Chinese brand.
After some research, I found out I was having very limited options if I wanted to avoid Chinese. Only options I am left with are Pioneer which has one dashcam priced somewhere around 8400. The other is Blaupunkt priced around 3500. The support for Blaupunkt is definitely nothing in comparison to Pioneer which obviously has more market presence as well as better support for repairs. Only drawback is slight higher price which is a norm with other Pioneer accesories as well.
Do we have any Pioneer dashcam users who can please give an insight on the capabilities of this Pioneer dashcam.
Appreciate the sentiment but, hate to break it to you, the linked model is also of Chinese origin. It's a generic rebranded entry level model available for under $25 on sites like AE, BG and GB.

AVOID! And search around a bit more before you take the plunge.
Old 3rd August 2020, 23:15   #3064
BHPian

A heads up. If anyone in Bangalore is looking for a Dashcam, Landmark in Orion Mall, had the Roav by Anker Dashcam at 70% off for approx Rs 3150/- or so.
I had been there on Sunday, they had 4 pieces. i was tempted to pick it up but wanted to check if any better offer during the upcoming Amazon Prime day sale.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 07:59   #3065
Senior - BHPian

Was it this S1 model? I don't think we can get it cheaper. Or was it the C2? Actually, the 4K models are coming in so these are going for a song
Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
A heads up. If anyone in Bangalore is looking for a Dashcam, Landmark in Orion Mall, had the Roav by Anker Dashcam at 70% off for approx Rs 3150/- or so.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sebring : 4th August 2020 at 08:01.
Old 4th August 2020, 08:46   #3066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
All websites mention only 64 GB compatibility hence had planned to pick one up one during upcoming sale but its great to know 128 is supported as well
When researching about the dash cam, one YouTube reviewer did mention that though the dash cam supports 64 gb micro SD, it will also support 128gb.

I bought the 128gb microSD on a lark since if it does not work on this dash cam, I could use it as expandable memory on my next android phone - so it was not a waste for me.

Fortunately it worked perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
I have been using the "70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro" for more than a year now.
One query - are you able to view the videos on VLC or do you also use Windows Media Player like I do.
I have the same dashcam and I am unable to view the videos on VLC without the snowing effect but have no problems on Windows Media Player.

Last edited by Ithaca : 4th August 2020 at 08:49.
Ithaca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 08:47   #3067
BHPian

Quote:
I had been there on Sunday, they had 4 pieces. i was tempted to pick it up but wanted to check if any better offer during the upcoming Amazon Prime day sale.

Appreciate the heads up.

Is this the one in Brigade gateway, Rajajinagar?

I may pick it up if it's still available.
Old 4th August 2020, 08:56   #3068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Hello.
Why not go for Transcend? It's a Taiwanese company and I've been using it's DrivePro 220 for last 5 plus years and another one for last 4 years. The only issue I faced was due to its power cable in one of them. Other than that, nothing much. Both are working fine. There are newer models available. I had purchased both for around 10K each. Now prices keep on varying across sellers and platforms.

Transcend 530

Somehow I'm unable to find other dashcams on its website. Search Amazon and other sites for more information. The 530 is a dual camera setup but not much help to us as the 2nd camera is on left side of the unit and aligned to show on Left hand drive vehicles. Although someone using it can clarify. I'm also attaching a pdf which shows their latest models as well as a comparison between them.

Link to my post (Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR)

I'll ask you to stay away from Blaupunkt. The camera did not work as intended. I had 2 of them, both corrupted the memory cards too often. Plus the image quality was nothing to talk about.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DP550_PS_EN_2020(1).pdf (252.2 KB, 330 views)

Last edited by BoneCollector : 4th August 2020 at 09:05. Reason: Attaching the pdf file.
BoneCollector is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 11:17   #3069
BHPian

Re: The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The investment paid off and it saved me from what could have been a major harassment.
The footage more than clearly explains that your car was at a safer distance from the bikers when the incident took place. Yet the PCR Van, the Bikers themselves and unfortunately the cops (who are essentially required to be impartial) all tried their level best to fleece you. This explains as why crime is so rampant in our country. Neither the citizen nor the administration are bothered even a bit about truth and innocence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
PS: Also note that the biker had braked before crashing, which clearly indicates he was lying.
It also clearly appears that the biker had merely placed the helmet on his head without even fastening the belt. It can be seen that the helmet in fact came off his head after he fell down. God knows whether the cops penalized him for no abiding by the rules of just let him go with a clean chit despite breaking the rules and placing false blame on innocent car driver. On Indian roads it is always 'advantage bikers'
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 16:24   #3070
Senior - BHPian

Looking to get a dashcam for some of my cars at home with the increasing number of mishaps all around.
Can purchase from Amazon US, Amazon India or In person around the country.

Requirements
- Clear Videos, Details (Date, time, etc showing to act as proof)
- Wireless preferred. (Exposed wires wont look good on the Red car or the Germans)
- Value for Money (No preference for any brand. Want a good product that would last long)

Request a kind soul to please help me out and guide me.
Many thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 16:49   #3071
BHPian

I am looking for a dashcam for Creta 2020. Saw few videos on youtube and searched our forums also. There are enough options to make anyone super confused. I have selected THREE out of all the options - 70 mai, ddpai mini (1, 2, 3 and what not !) and Blueskysea B1W. I dont want to waste money and max budget is apprx 5k - 6k.

Please help me out.
Old 4th August 2020, 20:25   #3072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Was it this S1 model? I don't think we can get it cheaper. Or was it the C2? Actually, the 4K models are coming in so these are going for a song
Not sure of the model, it was 1080p with wifi and it looks like the image you posted

Quote:

Is this the one in Brigade gateway, Rajajinagar?
Yes that is correct, sorry forget we have multiple Orion Malls now.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 20:28   #3073
Senior - BHPian

Yes it was, indeed And what a bargain price. Rs 3100. Opened the box to find a 16gig SandiskUltra. Thanks for the heads up
Quote:
Not sure of the model, it was 1080p with wifi and it looks like the image you posted
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_5504.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 4th August 2020 at 20:39.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 21:43   #3074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Yes it was, indeed And what a bargain price. Rs 3100. Opened the box to find a 16gig SandiskUltra. Thanks for the heads up
Any idea if they still have one available in stock?
Old 4th August 2020, 21:57   #3075
Senior - BHPian

They had four, in all. One was an open box. So good luck mate! You can call the store at 11AM, tomorrow. Their number is listed
Quote:
Any idea if they still have one available in stock?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks