Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2020, 10:01   #2866
Senior - BHPian

With the Mai70, I downloaded a couple of videos through the app onto my Iphone 6. It said downloading to 'album apps', but I couldn't find it anywhere on the phone. Has anyone using a Mai70 dashcam experienced this?
Also when I view a saved video directly from the dashcam through the app, it buffers continuously. Is there any settings to change that?

Any pointers would help.

Edit: Solved the buffering issue by turning off the BT. It was interfering with the wifi connection.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th January 2020 at 10:45. Reason: As requested
Old 16th January 2020, 14:05   #2867
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
With the Mai70, I downloaded a couple of videos through the app onto my Iphone 6. It said downloading to 'album apps', but I couldn't find it anywhere on the phone. Has anyone using a Mai70 dashcam experienced this?
Also when I view a saved video directly from the dashcam through the app, it buffers continuously. Is there any settings to change that?

Any pointers would help.

Edit: Solved the buffering issue by turning off the BT. It was interfering with the wifi connection.
Found the location.

It saves to the app's album which can be accessed by opening the app and selecting device album.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 14:38   #2868
BHPian

Received my dash cam, DDPAI Mini3 couple of days back.
I am more than happy with picture/video quality.

Here's a video, captured yesterday

and few pics from today morning.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-g_mcac_20200117082003_041_0010_l.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-g_mcac_20200117082203_050_0010_l.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-g_mcac_20200117082804_022_0010_l.jpg  

S.MJet is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 09:53   #2869
BHPian

Does anyone have suggestions on where to fix the dash cam power supply on XUV 5OO? It doesn't have power outlet in front row. One option is to draw power from central armrest from second row. But the cabling will be a challenge. Has anyone done this?
Old 28th January 2020, 11:22   #2870
BHPian

I had been using Yi Dashcam on TUV500 for last 4 years.
It was powered through usb socket. The disadvantage was that the dashcam used to reset date, time everyday when the tank was parked overnight. So was looking for dashcam with batteries.

Found out that 70mai pro has 500mah battery and that was sufficient for me.
Banggood was running an offer for pro version with gps module for 5k INR.
The same pro version was at 6.9K INR on amazon but with immediate next day delivery.
So ordered from amazon and have been using for couple of weeks.
As of today, this dashcam is working as expected.
Old 28th January 2020, 12:45   #2871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaak View Post
Does anyone have suggestions on where to fix the dash cam power supply on XUV 5OO? It doesn't have power outlet in front row. One option is to draw power from central armrest from second row. But the cabling will be a challenge. Has anyone done this?
Go for Fuse tap + hard wiring.
Mr.Boss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 19:47   #2872
BHPian

Hello,
Am in the process of finalising a front dash cam for my new car.
Not planning to hardwire for parking mode, just plain vanilla dash cam, a hassle free device with mobile app support.

Some of the models I liked so far :

Viofo A119 V3 - looks wholesome package but no Wifi.

70Mai Pro - Hesitant as its a battery instead of capacitor.Not sure if that'll be an issue when parked under sun for long durations

DDPAI Mini3 - like the 360Deg rotation and capacitor+ handy snap switch

Wanted to check in this thread if anyone has the experience of using any of these, or if there is a better suggestion that I can explore.
DASKD24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 15:27   #2873
BHPian

Thanks to all in this thread for sharing great reviews and suggestions on the Dash cam topic. After much hesitancy i have finally ordered DDPAI Mini2P (without hardwire) + 128GB Samsung Evo SD card from Amazon. The wireless photo click, supercapacitor, dimensions, Wifi and app features, 330 degree view are some of the features which helped me to finalize this product.

Best Regards,
Santosh
Santosh.Kat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 17:42   #2874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Go for Fuse tap + hard wiring.
So for anyone else doing this on Plush XUV500 with start / stop button:

0. Purchase a fuse tap kit with power conversion like this one. The cameras have micro USB power supply requirement at 5 volts / 1 amp (usually).

1. In the fuse box under the steering wheel, there used to be three 15 amp fuses for power outlets in three rows. Due to start/stop button, now there are only two fuses (2nd and 3rd row) and the third fuse slot one is empty. There is power supply to the third fuse once ignition is on. You can fuse tap this one.

2. Ground connection can be done to the bolt.

3. Get wiring done from a good accessories shop. Authorised service centers don't have the experience in doing dash cam wiring installs and they direct you to the accessories person.

I now have the Transcend Drive Pro 230 dashcam setup on my car.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_4324.jpeg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_4326.jpeg  

Last edited by ohaak : 10th February 2020 at 17:44. Reason: remove extra blank lines
ohaak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 23:00   #2875

Here is a short review of my usage of 70mai Pro dash cam with GPS module.
It also has voice command support in English for simple actions, like "Take Picture" to take a snap.
The dash cam works very well in my opinion and has a clear focus. The link below, you can check, that even on a cold foggy morning it is able to capture the car number plate of the cars in front.

In the above video if you turn on the Captions on Youtube (CC - icon) you will be able to see the instantaneous GPS co-ordinates and the speed in 1 second resolution. The peculiar part of the dash cam is that, though one can transfer the video from the cam to the mobile app (available in both Android and iOS), the GPS location and Speed information is not available once it is exported out of the mobile app. However, the information is still embedded inside the video file. I have used a C program, available here to extract these information.

Here is a picture on a bright sunny day.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img.jpg

I have set the video resolution to 1920 * 1080 and the video encoding to 264.
I will keep posting more on the dash cam. This was just a quick review and glimpse of the usage so far.
niranjansarkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 10:33   #2876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjansarkar View Post
Here is a short review of my usage of 70mai Pro dash cam with GPS module.
From where you purchase the same?
Old 14th February 2020, 11:08   #2877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
From where you purchase the same?
It is available at Amazon.
niranjansarkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 12:04   #2878
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

My DDPai mini has started giving an error.

"SD Card Error"

How do I reset it? or get rid of the error. The last time I reset it the name of the dashcam wifi network changed but I was not able to connect to it. Even after the reset it repeats the error.
Old 14th February 2020, 13:21   #2879
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
My DDPai mini has started giving an error.

"SD Card Error"
I think you need to format the card once. Do it when the memory card is plugged-in.

I think you can do it through the DDPai App.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 16:56   #2880
BHPian

Last November, I got into a small accident where two 16 year olds rammed their bike into my almost stationery car in a bumper to bumper traffic. They had some minor injuries resulting from their fall on the road. They tried to create a scene by blaming us but then ran away due to the overwhelming support we got from the bystanders who witnessed their rash riding.

However, the incident convinced me the need of having a dashcam installed to have some proof in such situations. I did some research and finalized 70MAI pro.

The dashcam with GPS and 64 GB TF card was available at Rs 8,500/- from Amazon. Same set up was available from Aliexpress at 72$ plus ~2$ for delivery. I had never ordered anything from Aliexpress before, but after seeing countless bhp-ians experiences with Aliexpress decided to give it a try.

Price: 74.41 USD (around INR 5,200)
Ordered on 2/12/2019 received on 20/12/2020 (18 days delivery time)
CD was not charged, even though the item was held at customs for two days.

Dashcam features:
1. Video quality is decent. Similar to what is expected from such a system at this price range.

2. It has a GPS module which is to be attached to the primary camera module.

3. Parking mode: Internal capacitor is there which makes the parking monitoring possible, however the duration is very small. It is possible to increase the parking mode duration by directly wiring the dashcam to the car batter. However I am not interested in doing it. My dashcam is being powered by the cigarette lighter.

4. I must mention the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assist). It basically gives audio warnings like 'Motion detected in the vehicle ahead' and 'lane departure'. I find the feature useful in highway trips involving monotonous drives, more during solo drives. The warnings keep you company (should not depend on the content of the warnings though).

Find the some of the videos of the dashcam. Watch in maximum resolution for a realistic view.

MadTitan47 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks