Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2019, 22:29   #2806
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
How do you all install so the wires are hidden. Like the 70mai. Or it needs to be taken to a local professional??
I did it myself. It is fairly easy to route them via the edge of the roof lining, through the A-pillar's rubber beading, down to the dashboards edge. I used a flat cable instead of the round one which was there with the dashcam. Flat cable does not make the rubber beading bulge out.
clevermax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 13:10   #2807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Wow, you are one resolute guy! That, there (on the right) is the cable you need so badly. LOL. Feeling happy with this one.
Haha thanks for your kind words. Totally agree the quality is above par and really recommended. In fact during the Amazon sale the cost had dropped to the 9000's and was a good buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I had faced similar issue when the camera was in warranty. They asked me to send it for detailed analysis. But before that, they asked me to update its firmware. After firmware update, the erratic behavior stopped but the cable was also damaged. Thereafter have been using it with a general mini USB cable and charger for last 3 years or more. We have 2 Transcend DrivePro 220s, one is 3 and half years old, a other is 3. They still work like charm.

Indeed it is.
Thats really good to know. Thanks for the info. I dont know if the 230's and later models are as good.

Wanted to ask you both, I mistakenly forgot to set the Time Zone to 5.5 hrs when setting up the clock. All timings on the 1500 kms drive are now at GMT time. Any way to undo this.
Old 28th October 2019, 13:38   #2808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post

Wanted to ask you both, I mistakenly forgot to set the Time Zone to 5.5 hrs when setting up the clock. All timings on the 1500 kms drive are now at GMT time. Any way to undo this.
I doubt if you can undo this as the time stamp would be on the video. Change the time setting of camera now so that you don't mess up with it on your next trip.
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 21:15   #2809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post

The timestamp is embedded on every frame the camera generates. You could crop the video to get rid of the incorrect timestamp for the clips you want to keep.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 10:31   #2810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Any pointers where can I have a good one for reasonable price.
Attachment 1927161
Check this link.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32962948937.html

One of the 6 adaptors looks similar to yours.
batman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 12:29   #2811
BHPian

Hey guys,

I intend to install a dashcam in my car. Although there are great dashcams out there, I don't wanna mess with the wiring and started looking for dashcams that come with an inbuilt battery. The only decent dashcam that I found was the Garmin, which has a very disappointing 15 minutes of battery life.

While searching for the same on YouTube, I came across a few users using a GoPro as a dashcam. It does seem to do the job pretty well, although, again the battery life tops out at 2 hours.

Do any of you use GoPro's or rechargeable dashcams ? If yes, how good is it?
Vinay23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 08:04   #2812
BHPian

Before purchasing battery based camera, please consider the effect of heat while car is parked outside on the battery. Most of the good cams use capacitors instead of battery for this reason.
nrahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 17:30   #2813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
Before purchasing battery based camera, please consider the effect of heat while car is parked outside on the battery. Most of the good cams use capacitors instead of battery for this reason.
But do we get wifi options in a capacitor dashcam? I have a Viofo since past 3yrs and now I feel the need to have one with wifi for ease of access. Will shift Viofo to the rear.
Unfortunately, am unable to find any dashcam that is capacitor based and has wifi!
Old 4th November 2019, 18:12   #2814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
But do we get wifi options in a capacitor dashcam? I have a Viofo since past 3yrs and now I feel the need to have one with wifi for ease of access. Will shift Viofo to the rear.
Unfortunately, am unable to find any dashcam that is capacitor based and has wifi!
Please check Blueskysea B1W. It's capacitor based and has Wifi.

I'm using it my Baleno for the past 1 year.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 18:56   #2815
BHPian

Quote:

I'm using Rexing V1P Pro, it's capacitor based, dual cam with WiFi and GPS. I'm quite happy with the unit.

HTH.
Old 4th November 2019, 20:13   #2816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes we do. Check out DDPai dashcam series as well, they are super capacitor based and they come with wifi.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 21:06   #2817
BHPian

Quote:
But do we get wifi options in a capacitor dashcam?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Please check Blueskysea B1W. It's capacitor based and has Wifi.

I'm using it my Baleno for the past 1 year.
Been using Blueskysea b1w for last six months now. No screen, hence discreet. Pretty decent performance.

Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 23:24   #2818
BHPian

Thank you all for the wonderful leads! Price seems attractive as well. Only thing left is to choose the right dashcam which comes with a USB for power and not a 12V socket, just like the viofo. Do not want to hardwire anything for now!
Old 5th November 2019, 02:51   #2819
BHPian

I plan to purchase Transcend Drive Pro 220.I am also working on a hobby project where I would need to extract the GPS coordinates via some programming script like python.

Before I purchase the device I want to make sure if the gps coordinates embedded in frames can be extracted easily.

It would be a great help, if some one having this dashcam share appx 1 minute of raw footage of the dashcam with GPS enabled. You can probably upload it to google drive and pm me the link. Youtube links would not work as the gps information will be lost that's why requesting for raw footage.

Last edited by born_free : 5th November 2019 at 02:53.
Old 5th November 2019, 21:59   #2820
BHPian

Hi All, after much deliberations and multiple visits to this thread I took dive and placed order for DDPAI mini Car Dash Camera & Samsung Evo 64 GB. I procured it from Amazon and the total cost is Rs. 4798/-.
I don't plan to hard wire it as of now but would like to do once I am confident with the product.
Any heads up in setting up will be highly appreciated.
distiller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks