Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2019, 10:08   #2791
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelro View Post
Thank you for sharing this looks good. Did you also research dual cam models i.e. both Front and Rear as there are more chances in India for Rear Bumper benders etc?
I did briefly. But cost was a hindering factor for me. Also, the added fact that a rear dash cam would have required intense wire routing(though this was a minor factor).

I think the ideal solution would be to have cameras which are wireless and require to be charged only routinely. I don't know if such camera exists.

Viofo 129 is a dual channel option.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 11:33   #2792
BHPian

How would a GoPro do as a dashcam? I have one sitting idle at home and was thinking of using it instead. Any comments from our forum members?
Old 24th October 2019, 20:58   #2793

Ah okay, I hope as more people install these the demand and providers come into the market the price would lower to an economical one.

As you mentioned the wiring is a minor factor but tedious as I did see somewhere on the Forum where someone had removed their whole carpeting to get the wiring through to the boot hatch for the second camera.

Wireless Camera solutions are available in the market but running two of them paralelly with a screen that would be the trick.

Tesla does a good job with integrating all the camera's into a simulated view
hope some Third Party vendors can do this based of on the cameras installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
I did briefly. But cost was a hindering factor for me. Also, the added fact that a rear dash cam would have required intense wire routing(though this was a minor factor).

I think the ideal solution would be to have cameras which are wireless and require to be charged only routinely. I don't know if such camera exists.

Viofo 129 is a dual channel option.
Accelro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 09:22   #2794
BHPian

I'm using Rexing V1P pro dual camera setup. The camera came with long enough wire and the rear wiring is done by removing the biding over the door panels.
Old 26th October 2019, 09:21   #2795
BHPian

Hii folks, i have a Transcend drivepro 220 installed in my XUV since 2016. Last few months was facing connection issues because of the loose contact of cable causing the camera to power on/off erratically.I tried getting an original cable from transcend , but the only one available was with a Micro USB connection .

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B075MDZPF4/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_Ld8SDbSAQCG86

The drivepro 220 however sports a mini USB connector.The next best option was to purchased a mini USB cable and car charger separately. Picked up both from Amazon. Happy to report after about 1500 kms of driving, Dashcam has been working well. Attaching links for both.

AmazonBasics 4.0 Amp Dual USB Car Charger for Apple and Android Devices
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B06XD7QSMS/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_rh8SDb4H6B4YY

AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Cable - A-Male to Mini-B - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters),Black
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00NH11N5A/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_Oi8SDb988JNKD
Old 26th October 2019, 09:51   #2796
Senior - BHPian

Wow, you are one resolute guy! The Drivepro 220 is quite amazing. I don't think they make it like this anymore. The quality speaks. I'm using one since 2016, and have zero issues. My brother was after my life to procure one more for him, so I grabbed one in this clearance sale at PLUGINS. Opened the pack just yesterday (what a coincidence that you were to mention it). That, there (on the right) is the cable you need so badly. LOL. Feeling happy with this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
have a Transcend drivepro 220 installed in my XUV since 2016. Last few months was facing connection issues because of the loose contact of cable causing the camera to power on/off erratically.I tried getting an original cable from transcend , but the only one available was with a Micro USB connection.The drivepro 220 however sports a mini USB connector.The next best option was to purchased a mini USB cable and car charger separately. Picked up both from Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_5182.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 26th October 2019 at 10:14.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 11:23   #2797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hii folks, i have a Transcend drivepro 220 installed in my XUV since 2016. Last few months was facing connection issues because of the loose contact of cable causing the camera to power on/off erratically.
I had faced similar issue when the camera was in warranty. They asked me to send it for detailed analysis. But before that, they asked me to update its firmware. After firmware update, the erratic behavior stopped but the cable was also damaged. Thereafter have been using it with a general mini USB cable and charger for last 3 years or more. We have 2 Transcend DrivePro 220s, one is 3 and half years old, a other is 3. They still work like charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The Drivepro 220 is quite amazing.
Indeed it is.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 13:09   #2798
Distinguished - BHPian

My dashcam mount gave up. And I cannot find that kind of mount on Amazon. Those available are priced too high for the product. Any pointers where can I have a good one for reasonable price.
The mounting point is like this:

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-mount.jpg
Old 26th October 2019, 13:11   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
My dashcam mount gave up. And I cannot find that kind of mount on Amazon. Those available are priced too high for the product. Any pointers where can I have a good one for reasonable price.

Attachment 1927161
You may want to check if you could 3D print one.
swissknife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 14:32   #2800
Senior - BHPian

Detachable mount for DDPai dashcams!

Here's a very easy way to make a detachable mount for DDPai dashcams.

Why detachable mount - DDPai dashcams like the Mini2 comes with a double sided 3M sticker and the manufacturer recommends this dashcam be fixed to the windshield permanently.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-61ebiekhpl._sl1500_.jpg

However, for those of you who have to park the car in hot sun for several hours, this is probably not a good idea. Even though these cams doesn't have a battery and a display, I am not very comfortable leaving the cam on the windshield when parked under hot sun. Temperature on the camera can easily reach close to 80 degrees C if it is left under hot sun, powered up.

How to make one - Just use a cable raceway that slides open. If you can get a metallic one, that's perfect.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20191026_135924.jpg

Here's a picture of how I fixed this mount, along with a video showing how I detach the camera very easily. You can just slide it in and out.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20191026_135636.jpg

I have tested this mount for several kilometers now, it is sturdy enough and the camera does not shake. Used 3M double sided stickers and I have no doubts on the reliability of those. It just does not get dislodged no matter what.

Here's the view of the camera. There's a slight tilt which I need to correct.

Last edited by clevermax : 26th October 2019 at 14:40.
clevermax is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 16:12   #2801
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Detachable mount for DDPai dashcams!

Quote:
My dashcam mount gave up. And I cannot find that kind of mount on Amazon.

Can you share the DashCam make and also if you've a snap of it with mount attached?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Here's a very easy way to make a detachable mount for DDPai dashcams.
Don't get me wrong but this won't survive for long. This plastic won't survive the heat of a closed cabin. Plus the amount of jerks will make it loosen up. Moreover, sudden bumps in pothole can slide it out. What I'll suggest is to use a screw through both the parts from one side to hold it in position and prevent a fall.

Quote:
Ok. But I need to see the way the mount is attached to the camera. I have a spare mount of Blaupunkt which looks kind of similar. Hence asking for snaps.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 26th October 2019 at 16:23.
Old 26th October 2019, 16:18   #2802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Can you share the DashCam make and also if you've a snap of it with mount attached?
Hi!

This is the cam I'm using:
https://www.amazon.in/Yi-Smart-Dashc...tronics&sr=1-4
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 17:21   #2803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Don't get me wrong but this won't survive for long. This plastic won't survive the heat of a closed cabin. Plus the amount of jerks will make it loosen up. Moreover, sudden bumps in pothole can slide it out. What I'll suggest is to use a screw through both the parts from one side to hold it in position and prevent a fall.
Agree only partially - The only doubtful element in this entire setup is the plastic. If the extreme heat causes its disintegration, then I will get a metallic raceway. Then it will be 100% robust setup I'm sure.

3M Stickers - Absolutely reliable even in extreme heat conditions in the cabin. How do I know? I have used 3M double sided stickers fixed two metallic hangers for hanging my sunshade sheet. It has been over an year now, and they haven't moved a bit and it will be very difficult even remove them now. They take the weight of the sunshade while parked in extreme hot sun all the time. There is a big difference in quality between 3M and other cheaper stickers.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20191026_165326.jpg

All my number plates on two of the cars are fixed using 3M stickers. Palio's plates are still in tact, 9 years after fixing them.

Jerks & potholes have no effect on the camera mount now. It doesn't move a bit. If the plastic weakens over time due to sunlight and heat, it may happen. I have tested whether the pair will get separated out if I pull them apart - currently it just doesn't break apart even if I apply few kilograms of force while pulling them apart. Dashcam is only few hundred grams.
clevermax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 17:27   #2804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Tanotis India sells this for 3,200 (my friend picked up and it is original). This should be the correct price. See on their site if there is any discount. Amazon products are mostly fakes, and I have been returning quite a few.

The Blaupunkt and Transcend (which I have) cameras never retire, unlike the new brands. So keep using it.
On searching on Tanotis India, I came across another Transcend Card 500UHS-I.

Now I am confused which one to go for-
Tanotis Transcend 32GB 500S UHS-I MicroSDHC Memory Card that costs Rs. 2495/- and supports Write Speed of Minimum 30MB/s and Maximum 60MB/s and Read Speed of 95MB/s Maximum

OR

Tanotis Transcend 32GB High Endurance MicroSDHC Memory Card that costs Rs. 3240/- and supports Write and Read Speed of Maximum 20MB/s and 21MB/s, respectively.

EDIT: -
Are there any firmware updates available for this Blaupunkt BP 2.0 FHD Dashcam?

EDIT 2: -
Just now found this Sandisk one-
Tanotis Sandisk 32GB High Endurance UHS-I MicroSDHC Memory Card

How does this fare against Transcend ones?

Last edited by aah78 : 28th October 2019 at 19:19. Reason: Merging back to back posts. EDIT: Dashcam model fixed on request.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 17:39   #2805
BHPian

How do you all install so the wires are hidden. Like the 70mai. Or it needs to be taken to a local professional??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks