Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2017, 21:12   #1861
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I am planning to fix a dash cam in my C-Class (W205), any make/model suggestions would be appreciated. Also, where I can get it fixed in BLR (not a DIY guy), preferably thru internal wiring, but without voiding any warranty etc.

I spoke with the dealership guys and they had no clue on it, hence the query here. Thanks in advance.
Old 24th November 2017, 12:45   #1862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
No, the link which I sent you earlier did not have the hardwire kit included along with the dashcam. The hardwire kit can be bought as optional. You could choose any of the 3 single or in combination - GPS, CPL filter, Hardwire kit.

The official Viofo store on Ali express in on the link below:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/3002026

The dashcom in the below link comes with hardwire kit.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...19f6599dXmICTV

Hope the above clears your doubts.

Generally dashcam's allow max 32Gb to be bought along with the unit. But if you check the specifications, there it must be mentioned that max 64Gb card can be used. So you could skip ordering the memory card with dashcam and buy it separately.

Thanks a lot. I am ordering it now. Turns out it got more expensive in the black Friday sale. I should have got it day before yesterday.
Old 24th November 2017, 13:32   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumukha View Post
When connected to computer the dash cam displays " Mass storage and PC camera" What does that mean ?
It is connected as a external storage. Go to My Computer and check for it. Once identified, you can explore the folders and retrieve/play the recorded files.
Old 24th November 2017, 13:47   #1864
Senior - BHPian

Luckily I waited to book the camera after 1:30 PM. The prices came down substantially. Got the A119 with all the bells and whistles (except hard wire kit and memory card) for USD 85.
Old 25th November 2017, 09:20   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Luckily I waited to book the camera after 1:30 PM. The prices came down substantially. Got the A119 with all the bells and whistles (except hard wire kit and memory card) for USD 85.
Hi Can you please share the link from where you got this. I want to buy this in US, there's somebody coming to India and he will get it for me.
Old 25th November 2017, 11:40   #1866
BHPian

Hi Guys

I was researching a Front Dashcam with a rear parking assist camera.

This one looks very good.
It mounts on the Rear View Mirror and has a touch screen.
I think this is more stable than vacuum mounts which tend to fall off.
Also it has a nice Number Plate mountable rear camera.
Reviews on Amazon look pretty good.
https://www.amazon.com/AUTO-VOX-Dete...ct_top?ie=UTF8

On slickdeals there is a thread which says this was available for around $86 which is a reasonable price.
https://slickdeals.net/f/10550156-au...t5#commentsBox

Review on Youtube is also pretty good.

Has anybody used this kind of camera ? I think it has a battery and not a capacitor, and the battery will die in a coupe of years. That is my only issue with it.

I am really new to Dash Cams and this will be my first Dash Cam, it will be nice to get to know the views of the experts here about this set-up.

Are there any other comparable options for a Dash-Cam with Rear Parking Assist Camera. I don't really need Rear Recording.

Styler

Last edited by Styler : 25th November 2017 at 11:43.
Old 25th November 2017, 13:55   #1867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Are there any other comparable options for a Dash-Cam with Rear Parking Assist Camera. I don't really need Rear Recording.
Why not buy the 2 separately? A dedicated dash cam (for say, $80) and a reverse cam+display ($20)? I don't usually like such hybrid products, as have seen them perform terribly compared to dedicated solutions.

Plenty of dashcams recommended on this thread, you could pick one as per your liking/budget.

For reverse cam, you could look at THIS or THIS

PS: No experience with either, they are just the highest sold models with favourable reviews on AE.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 14:31   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Why not buy the 2 separately? A dedicated dash cam (for say, $80) and a reverse cam+display ($20)? I don't usually like such hybrid products, as have seen them perform terribly compared to dedicated solutions.

Plenty of dashcams recommended on this thread, you could pick one as per your liking/budget.

For reverse cam, you could look at THIS or THIS

PS: No experience with either, they are just the highest sold models with favourable reviews on AE.
If I go for seperate Dashcam and Reverse Camera, where will I see the video of the Reverse Camera. In this the display of the Dashcam serves as the Display for the reverse Camera too. I don't think normal dashcams with display will take a Video-in port to display the video of the reverse camera. I don't want a seperate display for the Reverse Camera.

Last edited by Styler : 25th November 2017 at 14:32.
Old 25th November 2017, 14:45   #1869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This one looks very good.
It mounts on the Rear View Mirror and has a touch screen.
Two thoughts...

1. Rear-view mirror is too important for safe driving. Would not want it obscured by other display.

2. It is quite a long way to reach if you need to use the touch screen while driving.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 14:53   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Two thoughts...

1. Rear-view mirror is too important for safe driving. Would not want it obscured by other display.

2. It is quite a long way to reach if you need to use the touch screen while driving.
The Device works beautifully as a normal rear view mirror too. See the Youtube video and reviews, the device is wider than a mirror and only the small portion on one side is the display. And you set the display to go off while recording.
You're right about the touch being inconvenient, but for a tall guy like me it is not too much of a problem. Moreover I don't want to fiddle with the touch settings after it is set up. I am planning to hardwire it, and then forget. Only take out the videos once in a blue moon.
Reverse display will automatically come on with the reverse gear, no touch required for that.

Last edited by Styler : 25th November 2017 at 14:59.
Styler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 15:25   #1871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If I go for seperate Dashcam and Reverse Camera, where will I see the video of the Reverse Camera. In this the display of the Dashcam serves as the Display for the reverse Camera too. I don't think normal dashcams with display will take a Video-in port to display the video of the reverse camera. I don't want a seperate display for the Reverse Camera.
If you see the product links I shared, the display is similar to what you are looking for, in the IRVM.

Dashcam will be separate from the system.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 15:50   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
If you see the product links I shared, the display is similar to what you are looking for, in the IRVM.

Dashcam will be separate from the system.
Yes I saw, but there will be 2 devices, and each will need to be connected to a separate power source. In this one device does both the things so lesser number of cables, and moreover the dashcam is not easily noticable.
Thanks for the links, I guess it's a personal choice. I would like lesser cables, and one device to do both the jobs would be good for me.
Styler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 12:29   #1873
BHPian

Guys while I was researching Rear View Mirror Dashcams I found this :

Phisung V9 10"Full Touch IPS 4G Android Mirror GPS FHD 1080P Dual lens Car DVR vehicle rearview mirror camera ADAS BT WIFI

Looks amazing with DVR, Reverse cam, Android OS with 4G, Navigation, Vehicle Tracker, & Bluetooth All in one. This one replaces the Original Rear View Mirror and has a full 10" display.

There are cheaper ones by the same company which are fixed on top of the rear view mirror. These start from $123 on Ali-Express.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...ng+4G+Car+DVR+

I am thinking of ordering this one for $123. It has all the features of the first one with a reverse camera having a lesser resolution, and a smaller display.

Has anybody used any of these as a Dashcam ?

I have never bought on Ali Express. Is there a duty involved in buying from Ali-Express when shipped to India ?
And are there any discounts going on Ali Express ?

Styler

Last edited by Styler : 26th November 2017 at 12:42.
Old 26th November 2017, 18:31   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
You just missed the 11.11 sale from aliexpress. Anyways. I guess mini0805 or sjcam4000 suggested in the above threads should be fine for your requirement. You can also look at BP2.0 on Amazon.
Thanks for the suggestion. Checked Mini 0805 and I guess it pretty serves my purpose.

Only thing that there is one Adashine Mini 0805 listed on amazon costing some 18K while there are several Mini 0805 by different manufacture which cost hardly 4-5K.

Which one is original? How do I make sure I am buying right one? Surely don't want to spend 18K.
Old 27th November 2017, 15:25   #1875
Senior - BHPian

I just wanted to add a point here on how it looks so different when we use two SJCam4000 Wifi cameras one as dashcam and one facing inside. I am waiting for my Viofo this week from Aliexpress, so I will have Viofo as dedicated dashcam with GPS and Speed records, other 2 placed in various combos to get a completely different output on short and long travels. I think its fun to edit from multiple cams, although I am doing it for the first time, my cams were not synced same time before recording, so editing is not perfect ! Please excuse my not-so-perfect driving, I find 80% on the road worse than me
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks