Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2017, 14:26   #1786
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Why will the wires stick out if you enclose it inside the panels. Most dashcam sellers do provide the most appropriate path for installing the dashcam without the wires being visible. Only the section of wires on the dashcam will be visible.
So this cannot be DIY and we need to get installed from one of the accessories store then?
Old 2nd November 2017, 14:33   #1787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
So this cannot be DIY and we need to get installed from one of the accessories store then?
If you are well aware where to open the panels, then it will DIY. If not then you will need help of an expertise to run the wires. The roof and A pillar side should not be an issue, it will be within the dashboard compartments which can be cumbersome at times.
Old 2nd November 2017, 15:22   #1788
BHPian

I was browsing through the aliexpress site for 11.11 and came across this. Any opinion on this?
Old 2nd November 2017, 15:31   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
With wifi, you can:
1) View the dashcam footage on the mobile instead of removing the sd card. Will benefit in case if you immediately want to view the footage or show it to cops.
2) Change dashcam setting using app on mobile
3) Minimise the chance of Sd card misplacement
4) No need of laptop to view the footage
5) In some dashcams which allow continous streaming
Looks tempting, but it can be ignored IMHO except for the 1st point.

Dashcam is all about clarity, so do we have a alternate with wifi?
Old 2nd November 2017, 20:00   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
I was planning to buy it. But the thought the wires will be sticking outside is putting me off. Any pics of the setup from anyone? Can it be installed DIY?
You can go through post #60 of my Hexa ownership thread. Might give you a rough idea. Took 15 minutes if i remember clearly.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184562
Old 3rd November 2017, 11:19   #1791
BHPian

Guys, I have A119 V2 for my dashboard, however, I'm looking for WiFi based model for rear. It should run on its own and I should be able to watch the rear footage through my android phone mostly while reversing and when vehicle is standstill.
Old 3rd November 2017, 13:25   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
question - I heard that the footage from dashcams are not accepted as evidence in indian courts. Can somebody (preferably with a legal or insurance background) confirm or deny this
The way I am seeing it is : It's a CCTV in a moving boundary and not on a Fixed wall.

We have many CCTV in the city which do public recording and even police does take its help to use as evidence in courts.

Now how to convince the respected people about dashcam, will leave it to learned judiciary in here.
Old 5th November 2017, 21:13   #1793
Senior - BHPian

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Guys. Please suggest me a dash cam that starts recording automatically as you put the ignition on. My budget is capped at 8-10k. I want to hard wire it internally and not use the charging port.
Also, how much do the wifi enabled cameras cost ?

Thanks.
Old 5th November 2017, 22:08   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys. Please suggest me a dash cam that starts recording automatically as you put the ignition on.
All currently available dash cams start recording on receiving power. Action cameras with dash cam mode also has this implemented.

Quote:
My budget is capped at 8-10k. I want to hard wire it internally and not use the charging port.
Also, how much do the wifi enabled cameras cost ?

Thanks.
Any specific reason why you'd want WiFi in a dash cam?

If it's a must, you could check out the WR-1 (IMX323 sensor), seriously limits your choices though.
Old 5th November 2017, 22:53   #1795
BHPian

So, I hooked my Viofo 119 to my car via the USB port (not the charging one but the one used for usb-sticks etc.). I assume it's getting enough power and is able to run well. Any reason why I should considering hardwiring instead of my current setup? I have two USB ports and am using one with the cable inside the glovebox so essentially the entire wiring is hidden as well.
pathik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 00:09   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
All currently available dash cams start recording on receiving power. Action cameras with dash cam mode also has this implemented.

Any specific reason why you'd want WiFi in a dash cam?

If it's a must, you could check out the WR-1 (IMX323 sensor), seriously limits your choices though.

No it is not a must. Was just curious. Any other non wifi dash cam ?
Old 6th November 2017, 00:50   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
No it is not a must. Was just curious. Any other non wifi dash cam ?
Viofo A119 V2 or A119S V2.
Old 6th November 2017, 11:20   #1798
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
Guys, I have A119 V2 for my dashboard, however, I'm looking for WiFi based model for rear. It should run on its own and I should be able to watch the rear footage through my android phone mostly while reversing and when vehicle is standstill.
You could look at the DDPai Mini2, which is a wifi enabled model. I use this as my dashcam. Here is a footage from the same, i had uploaded to Youtube.

P.S. : There has been some loss in clarity on uploading to Youtube. The actual video is actually clearer.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 21:28   #1799
Senior - BHPian

With the ddpai mini 2 how do the videos transfer to the mobile. Is it automatically transferred or does it need a manual transfer? I'm hoping to use a dash cam where the loop recording etc or at least the ones I choose during the trip are immediately transferred to my mobile.
Old 7th November 2017, 05:32   #1800
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
With the ddpai mini 2 how do the videos transfer to the mobile. Is it automatically transferred or does it need a manual transfer? I'm hoping to use a dash cam where the loop recording etc or at least the ones I choose during the trip are immediately transferred to my mobile.
The DDPai Mini2 is a wifi enabled dashcam. I use the provided remote to click, which i have configured on the app to click a pic, as well as create a 30s video. These i can then access using the app on my phone to download to the phone memory. Using the app, one can also edit videos and then download. Live streaming is also possible via the app. Quite convenient, i must say.

In the time i have had it, i have never had to access the micro SD card on the device. Everything is managed via the app.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks