Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2015, 22:06   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I have used both and feel that the SJ4000 is better for its video quality. It has better quality videos both during the day and night. It also has a wider angle of coverage and also has more settings that can be controlled. However, the build quality of SJ4000 (at least the earlier ones) really sucks. You have to be very careful while connecting the micro USB cable. In my cam, the USB plug of the camera just broke off. The build quality of Blaupunkt is much better.
Now you confused me.

What would you recommend then? I'm happy to keep it in 3-4k but max 5k. I'm excited by wifi since that eliminates any fiddling with the device to extract the videos when required.

What model would you recommend then?
Old 17th August 2015, 14:56   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Now you confused me.

What would you recommend then? I'm happy to keep it in 3-4k but max 5k. I'm excited by wifi since that eliminates any fiddling with the device to extract the videos when required.

That is a difficult question. For my use I am now happy with Blaupunkt. I will be happier if I could get the SJ4000 to work again. If you plan to use the videos regularly by copying them/editing them etc. you should go for one with better video quality (SJ4000 or better). I just leave it in the car and do not regularly copy the videos etc. For that Blaupunkt is good enough. I think you should watch a few comparison videos on youtube and then decide. If you buy the SJ4000, there are videos telling you to open it up and add some glue to the USB/HDMI port areas so that they do not break off easily. Also you can get the wifi one or take out just the SD card to copy the videos and that way you will not have to take off the micro USB cable often.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 15:49   #288
Senior - BHPian

Got my blaupunkt from snapdeal delivered last week.

Have also ordered Strontium 32 GB card from snapdeal for INR 630, will be getting 100 SD cash back (offer was on 15th August)

Here is the video taken. I don't understand why 260 MB is needed for just 2 mins of video. While, I can get full movies in 700 MB and 5 mins song takes around 45-50 MB.

Reducing the size from 720 brought down the size to 230 MB, not much difference.

Blaupunkt can do better job with compression, the videos taken are on 720 p.

Video below - Just managed to avoid hitting biker (took me time to take a turn as I was looking behind in first lane and swerved in nick of time) and an Eeco driver trying to commit suicide by jumping red light (captured on first day of dashcam)

Last edited by tanwaramit : 17th August 2015 at 16:03.
tanwaramit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 17:28   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post

Have also ordered Strontium 32 GB card from snapdeal for INR 630, will be getting 100 SD cash back (offer was on 15th August)

Here is the video taken. I don't understand why 260 MB is needed for just 2 mins of video. While, I can get full movies in 700 MB and 5 mins song takes around 45-50 MB.

Reducing the size from 720 brought down the size to 230 MB, not much difference.

Blaupunkt can do better job with compression, the videos taken are on 720 p.
Thanks for this video. I was deciding between the Blaupunkt BP 2.0 and DOD LS400W and this will help me in deciding

The only differences are
  • DOD 140° viewing angle Vs BP's 120°
  • DOD 1.6 aperture vs BP's "small aperture" as per their website This is very important for low light recording
  • DOD 30fps Vs BP's 25fps
  • BP is a known brand and DOD is an unknown brand
Seeing this video the DOD looks like a better performer in low light conditions

I'm confused between the 2
Old 17th August 2015, 18:38   #290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
BP is a known brand and DOD is an unknown brand
Did you swap the brand names? DOD is the industry leader in Dashcams, and I didn't know blaupunkt made dashcams.

Here are two videos from my mini 0805 dashcam, under bright sun and in cloudy weather.

Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 18:57   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Here are two videos from my mini 0805 dashcam, under bright sun and in cloudy weather.
Hi Samurai, couple of questions on the mini 0805 Dashcam settings since I am using the same Dashcam,

1. How to set the GPS time to current time, because whenever I use the Dashcam it always show 3-4 hours lag when I watch the video

2. Under what resolution are you capturing the video?

3. What is the file size of the 5 min video you have uploaded in Youtube?

Also I see that if I switch the camera ON to fiddle with the settings, it starts recording and I will not be able to navigate to the settings. Can you please help me with these settings as well?

Thanks in Advance!!
Old 17th August 2015, 19:03   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
If you buy the SJ4000, there are videos telling you to open it up and add some glue to the USB/HDMI port areas so that they do not break off easily. Also you can get the wifi one or take out just the SD card to copy the videos and that way you will not have to take off the micro USB cable often.
Hi,

I doubt you can take out the SD Card, without removing the micro USB cable, AFAIK it covers the SD card to some extent.

I think the SJ4000 WIFi is a better option for folks, who regularly need to copy the files.

Regards
Shailesh
Old 17th August 2015, 19:13   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you swap the brand names? DOD is the industry leader in Dashcams, and I didn't know blaupunkt made dashcams.
Even I didn't know that Blaupunkt made dashcams till last week.
But you have to forgive my knowledge(or the lack of it)about dashcams; I really didn't know about DOD. All I know is (which I looked up on the internet this afternoon) that its a Taiwanese company which launched its first dashcam in 2014

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 17th August 2015 at 19:19.
Old 17th August 2015, 19:22   #294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
1. How to set the GPS time to current time, because whenever I use the Dashcam it always show 3-4 hours lag when I watch the video
It picks up the time from GPS. So you can only pick your timezone. But only with 1 hour steps. Since India is at 5.5h from GMT, we are out of luck. You can either pick Pakistan time or Bangaldesh time.

Quote:
2. Under what resolution are you capturing the video?
1920x1080 30fps HDR mode. It is the best compromise for day and night video.

Quote:
3. What is the file size of the 5 min video you have uploaded in Youtube?
Around 470MB for 5 minutes. My card is 64GB, so I get about 11 hours of video storage before recycle.

Quote:
Also I see that if I switch the camera ON to fiddle with the settings, it starts recording and I will not be able to navigate to the settings. Can you please help me with these settings as well?
I don't have access to the camera right now. But you can stop the recording, to access the video. I forget how.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 22:07   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It picks up the time from GPS. So you can only pick your timezone. But only with 1 hour steps. Since India is at 5.5h from GMT, we are out of luck. You can either pick Pakistan time or Bangaldesh time.

1920x1080 30fps HDR mode. It is the best compromise for day and night video.

Around 470MB for 5 minutes. My card is 64GB, so I get about 11 hours of video storage before recycle.

I don't have access to the camera right now. But you can stop the recording, to access the video. I forget how.
Thank you so much Samurai. I have set up as your have said let me see how it works, will keep you posted. And I did not get how to set the 5.5h to select either Pakistan or Bangladesh, can you please help me with it?
Old 17th August 2015, 22:38   #296
BHPian

I have ordered this one from ebay.com based on amazon.com reviews
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131518365700...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 18th August 2015, 13:25   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I'm happy to keep it in 3-4k but max 5k. I'm excited by wifi since that eliminates any fiddling with the device to extract the videos when required.

The Best Dash Cam

https://forum.dashcamtalk.com/forums/g1wx.39/

Chinese Vendor

Hardwire Kit

Mount for inside rear view mirror

Planning to buy this once the supply of Vitamin M improves.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 16:52   #298
BHPian

I've got my hands on a A118-C from Gearbest. Waiting for the 64G microSD card to arrive so I can install it.
Old 19th August 2015, 07:21   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I am using the Blaupunkt 2.0 FHD dash cam since the past two days.
I too got the Blaupunkt last week. While I am happy with what it provides, I noticed that when in use it totally cuts off FM reception. Also, I have to be really near the front door to lock/unlock the car from the key buttons. Key lock/unlock doesnt work even if I am near the rear of my car if my Blaupunkt is on. Do you guys have a similar experience?
Old 19th August 2015, 07:42   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I too got the Blaupunkt last week. While I am happy with what it provides, I noticed that when in use it totally cuts off FM reception. Also, I have to be really near the front door to lock/unlock the car from the key buttons. Key lock/unlock doesnt work even if I am near the rear of my car if my Blaupunkt is on. Do you guys have a similar experience?
I haven't looked at this aspect as the Blaupunkt is for use in a different vehicle. I will put it in my vehicle and check this and info. I'm using a Transcend DrivePro 220 and there is no such problem. One thing that I have noticed is that DrivePro gives a larger coverage compared to Blaupunkt mainly due to its better coverage lense 130° vs 120°.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 19th August 2015 at 07:55.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks