Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2015, 12:09   #391
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

hey guys,
can you take a look at this? I'm thinking of ordering one and am just going blindly by the reviews. The sample videos and pics look good.

http://www.amazon.com/KDLINKS%C2%AE-...DateDescending
Old 11th September 2015, 12:52   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Anyone knows of a Paid/Free android app that can record car video(ala dashcam) and also show Speedometer via GPS(preferably analog) in the same video?
You can try Daily Roads Voyager. Refer to this post for the details.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 11th September 2015 at 12:56.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 13:44   #393
BHPian

Re: Tape for Dashcam re-mounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Thanks. I have the 1/2" thickness tape among these. I tried to use it on the textered surface of XUV dash plastic and it didnt glue well. I was trying it on the back of cable organizer clips.

I feel that on smooth glass surface, it should bond well. I will try it today on glass. If it is ok, then I will order the 1" thickness roll.

The tape which originally came with the dashcam mount is of "clear" type. That will look more neat but couldnt find in India till now.

Another option is 3M double lock tape. That gives the flexibility to remove and put back. This is available in ebay but is costly.

Last edited by rajatmakar : 11th September 2015 at 13:46. Reason: grammatical mistakes corrected
Old 11th September 2015, 15:47   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone knows of a Paid/Free android app that can record car video(ala dashcam) and also show Speedometer via GPS(preferably analog) in the same video?
Try Autoguard dashcam. I used it for close to a year ( paid version) and was satisfied. The app size is not too much and used to run smoothly. My phone was a 2012 model SE Xperia Neo V.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 08:54   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I got this recently and they are not original 3M stickers. They do stick to some extent but if the car is parked outside for long hours very soon they will come off.

In fact, my suggestion would be to visit a 3M car care center and ask them for a double sided tape and pay a small amount.

Maybe you got a fake one.

I have not had any issues. They stick well and hold for a long time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
Thanks. I have the 1/2" thickness tape among these. I tried to use it on the textered surface of XUV dash plastic and it didnt glue well. I was trying it on the back of cable organizer clips.

I feel that on smooth glass surface, it should bond well. I will try it today on glass. If it is ok, then I will order the 1" thickness roll.

The tape which originally came with the dashcam mount is of "clear" type. That will look more neat but couldnt find in India till now.

Another option is 3M double lock tape. That gives the flexibility to remove and put back. This is available in ebay but is costly.
Yes, on textured surface they cannot hold heavy loads.
Old 20th September 2015, 23:48   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Definitely !

I use my old Android for the Dashcam purpose where I posted my experience earlier in the thread!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post3767447

While this is a frugal way of getting the things done, one has to
1. Monitor the phone's charging
2. Get used to hanging wires
3. Switch on/off the phone at the start/end of the drive [ may be avoided for short stops] while the app itself can be set to automatically stop when charging is switched off

{Rooted androids have a ease of use for these kinds of purposes}

They are quite many apps in the market but I found DAILYROADS VOYAGER to be appropriate where the video quality seemed better than the one I uploaded [I used the Autoguard app] and also the shudders can be taken care of using a good quality mobile holder !
Hi

Which mobile holder do you use? I purchased a suction type holder recently online and although it seems to stick well initially, it falls off after a few hours. It is annoying to put it up everyday and I would like to have one which doesn't fall off frequently.

Last edited by JonSnow : 20th September 2015 at 23:52.
Old 21st September 2015, 12:21   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Hi

Which mobile holder do you use? I purchased a suction type holder recently online and although it seems to stick well initially, it falls off after a few hours. It is annoying to put it up everyday and I would like to have one which doesn't fall off frequently.
I use this-
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/auto...ree%20Rotating

It was 49 when I brought it and does a decent job. And regarding your problem, I think cleaning both the surfaces before sticking the holder to the windscreen might help. It worked for me .
Old 25th September 2015, 11:53   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Let me know how much juice you get out of one full charge. Should be about 55-60 minutes. If not you may have to do a fix for battery.

Akshay
About right. I haven't connected it to the car charger just yet and it manages to record the morning/evening commute (~45 mins) before the front ring turns red. Another thing I have noticed is, if you flip the video, it doesn't imprint the date/time stamp on the footage.

A sample clip (720p). Took this road, for some adventure.

I have pointed it downwards to reduce the amount of sky that's captured. Seems to give a better result in situations where Sun is also in the frame (Metering - average).
Old 29th September 2015, 06:56   #399
BHPian

I've just ordered new Lukas-9370WD 2CH from Korea through Ebay.com.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...and-gps.13993/
It seems better tan Blackvue DR650GW as recording frame rate does not drop down when watching live on mobile phone.

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 29th September 2015 at 07:01.
Old 1st October 2015, 14:50   #400
BHPian

I have a problem with my Blaupunkt BP 2.0 to share! Off late the date resets itself to 01/01/2014 . This happens once every 5-6 days. Should I format the dash cam regularly to avoid this.

Have any of you faced the same problem?
Old 1st October 2015, 14:56   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
I have a problem with my Blaupunkt BP 2.0 to share! Off late the date resets itself to 01/01/2014 . This happens once every 5-6 days. Should I format the dash cam regularly to avoid this.

Have any of you faced the same problem?

Even this happens to me. I just change the date while starting. Another problem that I'm facing is that, the reception of FM radio decreases (hisss sound) when the dash cam is connected. I think the 12V converter is of bad quality, but there is no solution as the cable is quite long and I'm not able to get a charger with such long cable.
kozhissery is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 21:50   #402
BHPian

Re: Lenovo MV60 car dvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
I have bought Lenovo MV60 car dvr from China. The build quality looks great and also the Lenovo brand gives some piece of mind.

The details can be found at the following link : http://overseas.jd.com/product/lenov...k/1302855.html

The total cost is 824 CNY ( ~8.4K INR) including a 64 Gb micro sd card & reader.

Anyone has used Lenovo car dvrs? Please feedback your experience in that case.
Once I am back in India, I will use and upload some sample videos.
Here is a video from the same. Apologies for the huge delay in sharing the same. Please ignore the date.

One key issue is the huge glare from the dashboard.

Old 2nd October 2015, 18:17   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
I have a problem with my Blaupunkt BP 2.0 to share! Off late the date resets itself to 01/01/2014 . This happens once every 5-6 days.
Are you using the cam frequently? "One has to set the date & time everytime one returns from a tour. If the car is idle for more than 4-5 days battery drains out." This is what I learn't from the WWW. I haven't experienced this -minor IMO- issue yet but I bought it only a week back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
Even this happens to me. I just change the date while starting. I think the 12V converter is of bad quality, but there is no solution as the cable is quite long and I'm not able to get a charger with such long cable.
Maybe you can try DX.com or Ebay.in. However, do obtain a 12V adapter first and test the Blaupunkt with it before you order. For testing even a 6" corded adapter would suffice. I tried it in both my cars to reproduce this issue - not so minor IMO - but happy to say this, it's working fine in both.
Old 4th October 2015, 22:29   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Are you using the cam frequently? "One has to set the date & time everytime one returns from a tour. If the car is idle for more than 4-5 days battery drains out." This is what I learn't from the WWW. I haven't experienced this -minor IMO- issue yet but I bought it only a week back.
Yes I do. The cam is never removed from the car unless I need a clip from that day's drive. But even then I mount it back in the car immediately.

I still haven't found out why this happens.
Old 9th October 2015, 22:43   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
This is what I bought:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-R...429642173.html

There are descriptive pictures towards the bottom of the page.

Will be buying a few more of this soon.

How is the dashcam working. Can you upload some videos.
I am looking for a dashcam which can fit on the rearview mirror but can't fine a proper one in Indian ecomm. sites.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks