Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2015, 14:25   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Actually, things got worse yesterday on my 9 hour long drive to Bangalore.

Somewhere midway, the dashcam hung. Yup, it hung like the good old windows screen, with a wait icon in the center.
More or less same experience with me today. I last used the car on Saturday and I'd left the dash cam in the car as its parked in a garage. Dash cam wasn't powered though.

Today morning when I tried to turn it on,the screen was blank with no display and only the blue LED came on and went off if I turned the cam off. Camera wasn't recording at all. Didn't try accessing the menu to test the buttons.

Hopefully the firmware update helps fix this.
Old 28th April 2015, 07:36   #167
BHPian

came across this one in today's news. A DIY Go-pro style action cam. I've not read it completely, but updating here
http://cya.nyc/raspberry-pi-action-camera/
Old 5th May 2015, 21:43   #168
Senior - BHPian

So my Dashcam is dead. It never switched on after 27th april and after searching the internet and trying all possible fixes without any success,I gave up and asked for a refund from Gearbest. They've agreed to it but want me to ship it back to China using EMS ONLY.

I'm ok with this,but only wanted to ask if there's any uncertainty in camera reaching China if I use EMS ? Lots of horror stories about packages gone missing,stolen etc.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 5th May 2015 at 21:49.
Old 5th May 2015, 22:22   #169
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to hear that. I drove back to Manipal on Saturday, the Mini 0805 has been behaving fine with the new firmware.

Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 09:58   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
So my Dashcam is dead. It never switched on after 27th april and after searching the internet and trying all possible fixes without any success,I gave up and asked for a refund from Gearbest. They've agreed to it but want me to ship it back to China using EMS ONLY.

I'm ok with this,but only wanted to ask if there's any uncertainty in camera reaching China if I use EMS ? Lots of horror stories about packages gone missing,stolen etc.
Sorry to hear that Shashank. Any idea on the issue? I have ordered it and expecting it to receive soon, hope everything works fine and i will not face any issues
Old 7th May 2015, 07:51   #171
Senior - BHPian

Guys, completely off topic but I was thinking about the benefits of having a dash cam. I recently got a Transcend Drive Pro DP 100 and it works, touch wood, flawlessly. I believe manufacturers should make dash cams part of standard equipment in new cars. Not only would it be useful in providing evidence in case of mishaps, I believe it might even help reduce a crime a bit on the roads.

We often have heard of incidents like mobile snatching, purse snatching etc. If a vehicle was present in such a situation the entire crime could get recorded on video helping to bring the criminals to justice. It would be like a mobile CCTV camera recording events. Recently a US cop was caught on dash cam while man handling a guy of Indian origin for just standing on the side of the road

Just imagine if every vehicle could have a camera and if crooks are aware of this how many of them would dare to perpetrate a crime in front of a video camera.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 21:33   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Sorry to hear that Shashank. Any idea on the issue? I have ordered it and expecting it to receive soon, hope everything works fine and i will not face any issues
Like I mentioned,the screen doesn't come on at all. Its just the blue led which glows and camera doesn't record any footage.

I've no idea what's wrong and have asked for help on Dashcamtalk forum. Lets see if any good comes of it.

PS: All the post offices (GPO,Vijayanagar post office) outright refused to send the camera via any kind of post. They told me they don't accept any electronic goods.
Old 8th May 2015, 15:53   #173
BHPian

Dear experts on Dashcam, I have a query:

I am looking to buy a Dashcam with the following requirement.

1) I should be able to have cameras for both Front and Rear. Display if it is common for both cameras that would be great
2) It should have High Definition and Night Vision Recording, with good amount of storage capacity
3) Motion or Impact Sensor and GPS would be an added advantage
4) Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity, if possibility to reduce wiring inside the car
5) Shouldnt be any cheap Chinese models

Which are the options I can consider for the above criteria? I can ask my friend returning from US to bring it for me.

Thanks, regards,
narayanang76
Old 8th May 2015, 17:20   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Dear experts on Dashcam, I have a query:

I am looking to buy a Dashcam with the following requirement.

1) I should be able to have cameras for both Front and Rear. Display if it is common for both cameras that would be great
2) It should have High Definition and Night Vision Recording, with good amount of storage capacity
3) Motion or Impact Sensor and GPS would be an added advantage
4) Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity, if possibility to reduce wiring inside the car
5) Shouldnt be any cheap Chinese models

Which are the options I can consider for the above criteria? I can ask my friend returning from US to bring it for me.

Thanks, regards,
narayanang76

http://in.transcend-info.com/products/No-692 should be something you want to look at. Available for around 12K on Amazon India.

Parag Sachania and Arun Josie use something similar
Old 8th May 2015, 19:00   #175
BHPian

Re: G1W-H?

Is there a way, one can make G1W-H accept 64GB card? The manual says, max it can do is 32GB. This allows around 8 hours of recording, at lower resolution.
Old 8th May 2015, 19:44   #176
Senior - BHPian

Ever felt if you could copy your dashcam (or digicam/handycam) videos and/or pics to your smartphone to view, send it thru email, share it on social networking sites while on the move? Or just to save some interesting videos without being overwritten in loop recording mode?

A very simple solution specially for the people with dashcam without wifi. Combination of a card reader and a USG OTG cable/connector does the trick.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-1.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-2.jpg

Even this cheap Rs.30/- USB OTG cable and a Rs.35/- card reader does it nicely.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-3.jpg
mukeshgoel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 19:53   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Guys, completely off topic but I was thinking about the benefits of having a dash cam. I recently got a Transcend Drive Pro DP 100 and it works, touch wood, flawlessly.
sumeethaldankar, I am in the market for a dash cam and kind of nailed down on the Transcend DP 100 and is planning to get it. What's your feedback on this device/model? How would you rate the video quality (day & night)? How about the overall quality of the device. Any issues/niggles faced so far?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th May 2015 at 19:56. Reason: Corrected punctuation.
Old 11th May 2015, 07:48   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
sumeethaldankar, I am in the market for a dash cam and kind of nailed down on the Transcend DP 100 and is planning to get it. What's your feedback on this device/model? How would you rate the video quality (day & night)? How about the overall quality of the device. Any issues/niggles faced so far?
It's a nice product though i have concerns with the unit becoming hot while driving in the day time.This might cause battery issues later on but Transcend does give a 2 year warranty so that offers a bit of peace of mind.

I haven't reviewed the night time driving videos but the day time are fine and does what the camera is supposed to do. One can read the no plates of vehicles close by and the camera does have a fairly wide angle.

There is no shuddering or fluttering of the videos and the mount remains firmly attached and there are no jerks or shaking of the video when the car goes on potholes.

All in all a very good product and am quite happy with it touchwood. There are more DP products at different price ranges and you can check out the same. Only major gripe i have that the Transcend cameras are not a stealth install and are glaringly visible and i have to disconnect it every day and stow it away from sight.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 09:46   #179
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the details sumeethaldankar. Seems like the device would fit my current needs.

I had considered the DP 220 as well, but felt that while the additional features like GPS and WiFi may be useful, others like lane warning & collision warning may not be that useful in India, especially Bangalore.
Old 14th May 2015, 10:20   #180
Team-BHP Support

After the firmware update, I drove 1700kms in 9 days, involving multiple 8+ hour journey in hot weather. Even left it directly under the coastal afternoon sun couple times for hours. The Mini 0805 is working flawlessly now.

The installation looks quite discreet, although not as discreet as my earlier ABEO recorder.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-dsc_0012.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks