Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2014, 20:56   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

Any reviews, Sir?

How is it different that DrivePro 100? DP 100 is A-fulfilled, but DP 200 is not on amazon.in

tia,

-BJ
Received DP200 today evening. Had ordered on Amazon on Friday night.
Checked it out quickly in my car. 1080p Video quality and the 160 deg wide angle is super awesome.
Will post detailed review once I check it out leisurely coming Sunday.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 11:06   #92
BHPian

re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

This thread has been really useful for me. I am also looking for a low cost Dashcam. Unfortunately most of the links appear to be broken because its been a long time since they have been posted.

Could you guys recommend one to buy less than 3000 Rs?
Old 19th March 2015, 12:46   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
This thread has been really useful for me. I am also looking for a low cost Dashcam. Unfortunately most of the links appear to be broken because its been a long time since they have been posted.

Could you guys recommend one to buy less than 3000 Rs?
I will urge you to up your budget a little and get a better product. The cheap crop that you get in the sub 2-3k range, have terrible low light performance and they find it difficult to cope with changing light.

I am using a cheap Chinese cam that I got for some 2k, but the quality leaves a lot to be desired. I have now ordered a SJCam M10 (thanks to Tanveer for the review). In a way, now I feel, I wasted the 2k earlier and could have gone with Mini 0801/0803/Mobius/SJcams on the first instance for about 5k. That way, I wouldn't have felt the need for an upgrade a year down the line.

Just my opinion

You may search on aliexpress - there are plenty of models under $25 - sort them by order quantity and seller rating, then take your pick.

PS: Another related thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...e-pg-15-a.html
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 19:21   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I will urge you to up your budget a little and get a better product. The cheap crop that you get in the sub 2-3k range, have terrible low light performance and they find it difficult to cope with changing light.

I am using a cheap Chinese cam that I got for some 2k, but the quality leaves a lot to be desired. I have now ordered a SJCam M10 (thanks to Tanveer for the review).

PS: Another related thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...e-pg-15-a.html

Thanks. Seems like I will also go for the SJCam M10. I was looking at banggood and there is one for 68 USD. It says it comes with a multifunction clip. Is it enough to stick it in our cars or do I need to purchase a separate holder?
Old 21st March 2015, 20:08   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Thanks. Seems like I will also go for the SJCam M10. I was looking at banggood and there is one for 68 USD. It says it comes with a multifunction clip. Is it enough to stick it in our cars or do I need to purchase a separate holder?
You will need an additional mount. Quoting my post which has the relevant links from the other thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Looked at banggood - they are selling it for ~$70 for just the camera with clip mount - http://www.banggood.com/SJcam-M10-Cu...-p-954164.html

Windshield mount - http://www.banggood.com/Windshield-S...d-p-80420.html
Use coupon - 6e6e0b for extra 5% off
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 17:58   #96
Team-BHP Support

Thinking of getting Mini 0805 Dashcam. Anybody here with first hand experience with it?
Old 22nd March 2015, 22:42   #97
BHPian

After going through the reviews of the dashcams popular in the US, decided to play safe and got a Transcend DP 200 for $120 in the US. This carries a two year international warranty. Also got a Suction Mount for this camera, because the adhesive mount that comes with the camera is reportedly not very good. With the number of bumps and pot holes that we have on Indian roads, thought I need a stronger mount.

I am returning home in a fortnight, and want to get this Dashcam hardwired on my Innova. The camera came with a power cord that has a cigarette lighter adapter (12v) on one side and a mini-USB (5v) on the camera side. The cord is not long enough to take it through the roof and pillar - there are hard wire kits available for this Dash Cam online, but I am not sure how long a wire I will need for the Innova.

Are wiring kits (12v to mini-USB) available in India or can one be fabricated to the required length? Any suggestions from someone who has hardwired their Dash Cam?
Old 23rd March 2015, 10:15   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
I am returning home in a fortnight, and want to get this Dashcam hardwired on my Innova. The camera came with a power cord that has a cigarette lighter adapter (12v) on one side and a mini-USB (5v) on the camera side. The cord is not long enough to take it through the roof and pillar - there are hard wire kits available for this Dash Cam online, but I am not sure how long a wire I will need for the Innova.

Are wiring kits (12v to mini-USB) available in India or can one be fabricated to the required length? Any suggestions from someone who has hardwired their Dash Cam?
Usually 3.5-4m suffices for most vehicles if you route it through roof liner-A pillar - behind glovebox - 12v socket. Or you can check the vehicle's dimensions online - width+height should give you a rough idea.

I don't think these are readily available in India, as yet. Better get hold of the longest one you can find in the states itself.

I broke one which came with the cam and ordered another from aliexpress for about $4 - which too broke, but then I just soldered the wires back and its fine now.

PS: It was not a quality issue, it was a problem with how I had routed the cable.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 10:25   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Thinking of getting Mini 0805 Dashcam. Anybody here with first hand experience with it?
On the other hand, the price of DOD Tech LS430W has crashed to $187. That is probably the best deal now.
Old 23rd March 2015, 11:13   #100

Quote:
I have the mini installed on our vehicle. I bought it from the dashcam store
Advantages
Very Small foot print, so bearly visible to outside people
The 12v power adaptor is free as the camera comes with a power adaptor kit (purchased additionally)
The detailed installation daigram provided by the dash cam store is really good and also an installation video is available online
The camera also turns off (off timer can be set)after the vehicle is turned off, so no need to worry about the battery drainage
The Video quality is on par with the ABEO dash Cam

Disadvantages
Does gets heated up fast
GPS is not having IST Time zone (+5.5 hrs), I overcome this by turning off the GPS and setting the time manually
The blue / red light (indicator) can be irritating at nights.

PS: I have the ABEO dash cam that I purchased based on your review on our other vehicle, it is also working good
harish_K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 11:46   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish_K View Post
The camera also turns off (off timer can be set)after the vehicle is turned off, so no need to worry about the battery drainage
This is a function of the car power outlet, not the camera. Most cars don't power the cigarette lighter outlet once the car is switched off.

Quote:
The Video quality is on par with the ABEO dash Cam
That is not very encouraging, which ABEO model you have, 150 or 180? I am upgrading because the quality of ABEO 150 video at night is useless.

Quote:
Does gets heated up fast
GPS is not having IST Time zone (+5.5 hrs), I overcome this by turning off the GPS and setting the time manually
Yeah, this is what is making me uneasy about this model.

Quote:
PS: I have the ABEO dash cam that I purchased based on your review on our other vehicle, it is also working good
Hope you got the 180 version and not the 150 version I have. Although it worked fine, recently I see it rejecting the card for no reason. I driving calmly and suddenly notice it saying "no card". It gets corrected if I remove and insert again, sometimes repeatedly. This is not acceptable from a device I rely on to record everything when I drive. In addition, I have realised the importance of night recording function. One should not even bother with a dash cam unless the night videos of unlit streets are usable.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 11:56   #102
BHPian

For Indian weather conditions i.e. hot and sunny, go for dashcam with capacitor instead of battery which gets heated up. Go for G1W-C or Transcend Drive Pro200 which I have purchased.
Old 23rd March 2015, 12:23   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Go for mobius instead of the mini. Better image quality. Of course, the new mini is also good!
Old 23rd March 2015, 14:22   #104
Senior - BHPian

I have an old phone with some software and battery issues. I think the issue is difficult to resolve as it runs on symbian belle. Just wanted experts opinion here on whether this phone can be used as dash cam as it has DVR recording app and has 8GB of internal storage?
Old 23rd March 2015, 14:35   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Go for mobius instead of the mini. Better image quality. Of course, the new mini is also good!
I need a device that I can easily mount and forget. Unless Mobius can be easily mounted without extended DIY, I won't consider it. If DOD LS430W is available for $187, I am wondering whether it is worth looking at cheaper solutions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks