Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2013, 14:56   #31
BHPian

re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi, did you receive it at all? I also ordered, paid via PayPal and item was shipped too. However received an email today saying that the item has been removed by eBay Trust team.

Assuming that I will be refunded by eBay. Do let me know about your experience!

BR,
Itwasntme
I have not received the item yet. And I received the following message from Ebay "This listing was removed by eBay. If you already paid for the item, we recommend that you wait 10 days from the expected delivery date to see if the item arrives. If you did not pay,you are no longer obligated to pay for this item. If you have a problem with the purchase, you can resolve the problem by filing a claim through our resolution center"

I presume this is heading for a refund.
Old 19th October 2013, 06:58   #32
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2013 at 16:23.
abishek2222 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th October 2013, 13:59   #33
BANNED

I can see this on eBay, variously showing as "2.5 Inch HD Car LED DVR Dash Video Camera Recorder Camcorder LCD 270 Degree" and "HD Color IR DVR NightVision Car Dash Camera 2.5inch TFT LCD Screen Road Recorder" under http://www.ebay.in/itm/HD-Color-IR-D...ht_9919wt_1037 and all in the shade under 2900/- rupee range.

What I need this for - a friend of mine claims he has been targetted and accused of a variety of misdeeds on the road in an argument with the police and this is something I want to safeguard against, so need a simple car dash camera kit that can also turn to the left and right as well as point straight ahead while driving. The dual camera sorts appear to cost about twice this amount.

Anybody got a review or feedback on this please? Thanks in advance
Old 19th November 2013, 16:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

The dashcamera is now available through the following link with a one year warranty. Need to check this out.
https://www.facebook.com/Dashcamerain
Old 24th November 2013, 16:12   #35
BANNED

I received (through family in UK) an H.264 portable car camcorder/dashcam (unbranded made in China) and while I shall upload the photographs of the product itself, here's the first video I made using it.

This is on automatic day/night setting, without changing any of the default settings, as I try to understand it better.

Cost shade under 60 pound sterling plus extra for the 16GB memory card.
Old 24th November 2013, 20:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
question - I heard that the footage from dashcams are not accepted as evidence in indian courts. Can somebody (preferably with a legal or insurance background) confirm or deny this

The customs guy who detained my Blackvue 2CH DVR said the same thing!

But how can they not accept a full HD video showing everything happening exactly as it was!!? That'll be crazy! lol
(all police cruisers in the US have dashcams and it can very well be used as evidence)

He also said that its up to the judge here, should he choose to accept it or rejects it as evidence!
Old 25th November 2013, 12:09   #37
BANNED

Even i am thinking of buying them, the initial plan was Go Pro but the cost was way high and I am sure I am not going to use so extensively hence decided to pick something in mid range budget.
My initial online research inclined me towards these came DOD LS300, LS400 and LS430 and SJ1000, the LS430 is costly at close to 175 $ but comes with GPS logger, G sensor etc with Google maps.
SJ1000 is the budget cam and costs 74$ with shipping.
My requirement was full HD cam which i can use it in car as car DVR as well occasional videos from bike ride.
I am ordering SJ1000 in couple of days, if I find it useful sure i'll be orderingDOD LS430 as well.
Old 25th November 2013, 12:25   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Even i am thinking of buying them, the initial plan was Go Pro but the cost was way high and I am sure I am not going to use so extensively hence decided to pick something in mid range budget.
My initial online research inclined me towards these came DOD LS300, LS400 and LS430 and SJ1000, the LS430 is costly at close to 175 $ but comes with GPS logger, G sensor etc with Google maps.
SJ1000 is the budget cam and costs 74$ with shipping.
My requirement was full HD cam which i can use it in car as car DVR as well occasional videos from bike ride.
I am ordering SJ1000 in couple of days, if I find it useful sure i'll be orderingDOD LS430 as well.
I own the SJ1000, its amazing as far as IQ is concerned. You can go for it. However, remember, 90% of SJ1000s are fakes(any popular cam gets lots of fakes).
So make sure you buy from a seller with high rating
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 12:32   #39
BANNED

Thanks tsk1979, its true as seen videos of these cams not working from the day one, must be case of fake ones.
I am picking from this link rather going with ebay, dx, alibaba etc this time.
http://www.foxoffer.com/sj1000-12m-1...l#.UpL1RTv7Be8
Cheapest rates with free shipping with bundled offers.
BTW hows battery life is it good to pick another battery pack? It's costing another 4$ over there.
Old 25th November 2013, 15:14   #40
Senior - BHPian

A whole bunch of my friends in the UK have bought this 720p dashcam with rear cam too:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321190448711 and are thoroughly happy with the performance.
Highly recommended.
Old 1st December 2013, 12:57   #41
BANNED

Here's the first day-video I uploaded from my webcam, again, on automatic settings, and actual un-edited.

Heartily suggest dashcams of any brand as essential equipment in this day and age,
Old 13th January 2014, 21:59   #42
Team-BHP Support

Bought something very similar from Ebay.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....E:L:OC:IN:3160

Thanks SS-Traveller for advice.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 16:00   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks tsk1979, its true as seen videos of these cams not working from the day one, must be case of fake ones.
BTW hows battery life is it good to pick another battery pack? It's costing another 4$ over there.
Did you finally buy it? Looking forward to your review about the vendor and the cam if you did.
Old 17th January 2014, 17:12   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It runs fine for about 1.2-1.5 hours. You can buy from an ebay seller which has good feedback rating.
you can also try aliexpress and choose from seller which highest feedback rating for SJ1000
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 13:29   #45
BANNED

Watch "SJ1000 coming out of basement parking." on YouTube -

Watch "SJ1000 test at commercial street parking lot." on YouTube -

Quite happy with its built and functionality, worth each penny, even attachments are of good quality. I have plugged in class 10 32 GB micro SD card and videos are flawless even at 1080P resolution.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 30th January 2014 at 13:33.
Ajaybiz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks