Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2021, 14:14   #3436
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Hello All,

If one has to make a choice between 70mai A800S and A500S, any recommendations.

Only for recording when the engine is running / driving + both front and rear.

Thanks.

Monish
Old 14th June 2021, 19:43   #3437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monish_m View Post
Hello All,

If one has to make a choice between 70mai A800S and A500S, any recommendations.
If cost is not an issue, please go ahead with 70mai A800S. This has much better overall performance and resolution. Even if you don't want parking mode, the additional features like ADAS and 4K resolution are strong reasons.

Last edited by Wanderers : 14th June 2021 at 19:44.
Wanderers is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 17:07   #3438
Distinguished - BHPian

Dashcams that can handle long crank of diesel?

I have an old G1WC Dash cam on my i20 diesel. During cranking , the momentary loss of power turns off the dash cam. The problem is, it does not turn back on unless I remove the cord from the 12V socket and plug it back in. This has stopped me from hardwiring the dash cam.

Do the newer dashcam from 70Mai, DDPAI suffer from same issue? Is there any solution for this problem?
Old 17th June 2021, 17:58   #3439
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dashcams that can handle long crank of diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Do the newer dashcam from 70Mai, DDPAI suffer from same issue? Is there any solution for this problem?
The 70Mai has no such issues. I have been using it for more than an year now and it just works without any issues.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 22:51   #3440
BHPian

After delaying the purchase for almost an year, I finally went ahead and got a Made In India dash cam .

Company - Safe Cams. A Pune based company.

Model- Y3S. It has dual camera and comes with hard wire kit. You also get a 64 gb memory card. Also, it comes with capacitor based battery.

Warranty- 1 year. It needs to be registered online.

How to view/download video?- they have partnered with Kacam app to download it via WIFI and watch live preview.

Cost - ₹13500. I got it from Carax, Baner. They are the official supplier for Safe Cams.

Installation- Quite straight-forward. The wires goes into fuse to draw current. No cutting,etc.

Worth it? - I am satisfied with the buy. Lets hope it ages well. As of now the clip size is 1 mt with no option to change. They will provide an update in Kacam soon to set it to either 1,3 or 5 mts.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-56efa252675b48eaa9d925d7301b001d.jpeg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-f311fa6486ee4ba4baeb15da2772cb82.jpeg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-782d52c1363e4248afe275dd1dd92b9b.jpeg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-a59e8ec5a9824fc58158a4ceb548db08.jpeg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-c6cd3cc9b1f74d2a8fe69fe3c06bce2f.jpeg

Sample videos-
Quality is excellent on my phone. Seems, I need to fiddle with YouTube settings so that it reflects the same.

I haven’t yet tested in night due to lockdown after 7 pm.

abhi_tjet is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 11:03   #3441
BHPian

BHPians of the Dashcam thread,

greetings,
after a few close calls that resulted with my heart in my mouth, I have set aside 5000.Rs for a Dashcam.

Kindly help me out with choosing one. Any leads towards pre owned cams are also welcome. This will be used in a Safari Storme.
  1. 5k Budget
  2. Easy to transfer video to phone
  3. Audio Necessary
  4. GPS/SPEED not important. (any legal disadvantage in case I present video without GPS data as evidence?)
  5. Hardwiring only, my front lighter socket is not reliable, and I don't want wires everywhere.
  6. Rear cam option preferred, but as I understand, it's too much to ask for

Coming to the Video Quality, any basic 720p cam is also good enough, Number plate readability is not paramount for me, I have a habit of reading out the Car's regn. number aloud if involved in a close call or accident, so an Audio recording is cruicial. I have HIDs and find the night recording on bad cameras also good enough, Daytime recording seems to be good on any camera in 2021.

Thanks in advance, gurus. Help is hugely appreciated.
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 11:57   #3442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharaththefreak View Post
This is a bang for the buck option by the famous American brand Anker.
Anker is a Chinese brand based out of Shenzen, seems they have done their marketing - perception management well...
pandabear is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 22:46   #3443

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post

Model- Y3S. It has dual camera and comes with hard wire kit. You also get a 64 gb memory card. Also, it comes with capacitor based battery.
Thanks abhi_tjet! Was looking for a Made in India dashcam

Does this have to be mandatorily installed using the hardwire kit? Can it be installed using the 12v outlet?
Old 29th June 2021, 09:10   #3444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishss View Post
Does this have to be mandatorily installed using the hardwire kit? Can it be installed using the 12v outlet?
You are welcome Girish.
Y series can only be hardwired.
However, they have a couple of product - D101( only front camera) and D201(both front and rear) and they can be installed using 12V outlet.
Please go through their website and decide. These models are cheaper as well and comes with lithium ion battery.
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 11:11   #3445
BHPian

Question for those who have hardwired their dashcams: I just picked up a 70mai A500S dual channel, to be installed in a Seltos. Parking monitoring was one my requirements, either time-lapse or impact based was ok, and the A500S provides the latter when hardwired.

I purchased the 70mai hardwiring kit separately but just noticed that its battery discharge protection cutoff voltage is 11.4volts (see specs here), and cannot be changed. From what I understand, this cutoff is too low - most cars will have trouble starting below 12v, and the battery is effectively dead below 11.6v.

It seems odd that a hardwire kit would be sold at these specs. Am I reading this wrong? Has someone managed a workaround?

Last edited by amitwiz1 : 30th June 2021 at 11:33. Reason: Grammar.
Old 30th June 2021, 11:28   #3446
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post

I purchased the 70mai hardwiring kit separately but just noticed that it's battery discharge protection cutoff voltage is 11.4volts and cannot be changed. From what I understand, this cutoff is too low - most cars will have trouble starting below 12v, and the battery is effectively dead below 11.6v.
In case budget is not an issue, please contact Viofo India for Hardwiring Kit - ensure the end USB connection they provide matches with the 70mai dashcam which you have.

Link to product. Viofo India may have it for lesser price than Amazon. This wiring kit has better options for voltage cut-off.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 11:27   #3447
BHPian

Hi all,

None of the videos are talking about glare in the video and I can see that in many dashcam videos. This glare could obscure important information during a sunny day or during night (when hi-beam is flashed on reflective number plates).

Are there dashcams that uses polarizing filters on their lenses? Or are there polarizers that we can attach? It seems to be a no-brainer for such equipment but I'm surprised nobody is even talking about it.

Or is it that glare isn't an issue?
krishnakumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 13:48   #3448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
After delaying the purchase for almost an year, I finally went ahead and got a Made In India dash cam .

Congratulations on your new purchase and a very good decision. I've safe cams SC01 purchased last August and one of the first buyers of their product. I'm very much satisfied with its performance. The quality is top notch and most importantly from an Indian company is very satisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishss View Post

Hi Girish you can ask Safe Cams for Y2 or SC01 which can be fitted to your 12v cigarette lighter. I've done that with SC01 which is the earlier version of Y3S.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd July 2021 at 05:50. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Organic Chlorin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 11:30   #3449
BHPian

Last year, somewhere around September, I moved from Pune to Delhi and really enjoyed the drive during the partial lockdown. The whole of journey was captured through the Viofo A119S V2 dashcam that I use.

Now I am planning to edit all the captured videos and create a travelogue/journey kind of video. My requirement is to add a small map window somewhere at the bottom of the video showing the realtime GPS location.

Is there any easy way to do this? By default, I keep the GPS on, and the video does have the GPS stamping on it.
Old 7th July 2021, 12:39   #3450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Hi all,

None of the videos are talking about glare in the video and I can see that in many dashcam videos. This glare could obscure important information during a sunny day or during night (when hi-beam is flashed on reflective number plates).

Are there dashcams that uses polarizing filters on their lenses? Or are there polarizers that we can attach? It seems to be a no-brainer for such equipment but I'm surprised nobody is even talking about it.

Or is it that glare isn't an issue?

In fact, I have been thinking the same. The glare on the videos is too bad most of the time and it actually defeats the purpose. I have been looking for a CPL filter for my 70mai a500 plus, but couldn't find one. Amazon has a 24mm CPL filter but which is out of stock for a long time now.
ajishanand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks