Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2019, 07:48   #2581
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

A friend of mine has rented out a car and wants to know if he can fit a dashcam that can stream him live feed(low bitrate) from the onboard camera. Do we have any options?
Old 14th March 2019, 15:01   #2582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
A friend of mine has rented out a car and wants to know if he can fit a dashcam that can stream him live feed(low bitrate) from the onboard camera. Do we have any options?
Some Blackvue models support live view. For unlimited access (amongst other features) there's a monthly subscription charge.
Old 16th March 2019, 14:44   #2583
BHPian

Hi all,

I am looking for a dual channel dashcam in Bangalore to be fitted to my Chevy beat.

I am looking for a decent camera in front and back, and it should have good clarity at low light too. It should also double up as a rear parking assist with a display with guidelines.

I don't have any dealbreakers in terms of capacitative or battery, though leaning towards former. No particular preference for GPS, g sensor or park mode recording.

I would like to hardwire it and hide all cables.
My budget is about 7-8k.

Can someone suggest a good dashcam for me and also where I can get it fitted in Bangalore?

Thanks for your replies.

Srini
Old 16th March 2019, 16:25   #2584

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsudhir View Post
Hi Everyone,

My dashcam could have just saved me Rs.1035.

This happened in Hyderabad. Today, I received a traffic challan for overspeeding on the Outer Ring Road (ORR) and the fine amount was Rs.1035. The speed mentioned in the challan was 122KMPH and time around 4.50pm on my way to the Hyderabad Airport on 8th March 2019.

============
I shall keep eveery one posted on the developments.

Hi all,

Just received an email from Telangana Police Dept., that the traffic Challan for Rs.1035/- has been withdrawn. My DashCam saved me!

Thanks
SVS

Last edited by khan_sultan : 2nd May 2019 at 12:51. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
svsudhir is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 09:05   #2585
BHPian

TBhpians - Please help me in selecting a right dashcam for my brezza. Budget of 9k INR. Aliexpress has many dashcam's but unable to jot down to one as its confusing which one to select. Also amazon has some options too like Yi and Aukey. I would prefer a simple plug and use dashcam. I dont want to fiddle with my car's wiring.
Old 22nd March 2019, 09:29   #2586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
TBhpians - Please help me in selecting a right dashcam for my brezza. Budget of 9k INR.
I recently got Aukey DR02 from Amazon.com. I almost bought Yi but decided against it since Aukey is:
1) Small and compact
2) No battery (capacitor)

Also, it had pretty good reviews as well. If you have anyone coming from US, you can get a good deal. Here are some details with sample clips:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4554915 (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 09:30   #2587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TBhpians - Please help me in selecting a right dashcam for my brezza. Budget of 9k INR. Aliexpress has many dashcam's but unable to jot down to one as its confusing which one to select. Also amazon has some options too like Yi and Aukey. I would prefer a simple plug and use dashcam. I dont want to fiddle with my car's wiring.
Yi fits the requirement to a T. Its is no nonsense model, simple plug and play (with USB slot), clarity is good and doesn't burn a big hole in the pocket.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 10:38   #2588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
How is the Xiaomi dashcam? was planning to buy the same model 70mai.
Hey, I did not buy the dash cam. So, sorry I can't help.
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:02   #2589
ada
BHPian

@monolithic it is ok, I went ahead and got the same.
I got it for 2500 from banggood, it took ten days to arrive, process was smooth.
The dash cam as such is value for money for 2500. As a first time user I'am satisfied and serves my purpose.
ada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:28   #2590
Senior - BHPian

I have a Blaupunkt BP 2.0 which is not showing the correct time/date stamp for a while now. Everytime I set it, it holds the correct time/date for a while and goes back to a default one. Is there a battery in it which needs to be replaced?
Old 22nd March 2019, 16:22   #2591
BHPian

I've recently installed the 70Mai Pro Smart Dash Cam on my EcoSport. I am facing a big issue with light reflection onto the windshield in all the recorded videos especially during day time which affects almost 30% of the view from the bottom towards the center of the view in all recorded videos. EcoSport Dash is shiny plastic and reflects light too much during day time. There are two possible solutions I found :

1. Use Polarized Filter (CFL Filter) for the Dashcam. This option is not available for the 70Mai Pro Dashcam yet.
2. Use a dark colored Dashboard Mat to prevent the reflection of the light onto the windshield. I am not able to find any such dash board mats for EcoSport or even generic ones are nowhere to be found online.

Any pointers will be helpful!
Old 24th March 2019, 04:00   #2592
ada
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
I've recently installed the 70Mai Pro Smart Dash Cam on my EcoSport. I am facing a big issue with light reflection onto the windshield in all the recorded videos
=========
Any pointers will be helpful!
Can try changing the dash cam position or angle.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 2nd May 2019 at 12:53. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
ada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 19:58   #2593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Can try changing the dash cam position or angle.
I've tried doing that but it doesn't seem to be of much help. Right now Dash Mat seems to be best option, but finding one that fits the EcoSport dash is tough. There are few ones available on AliExpress, but I am not sure if they would fit well..
Old 31st March 2019, 20:23   #2594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenerPlanet View Post
Hi all,

I am looking for a dual channel dashcam in Bangalore to be fitted to my Chevy beat......
Hi Srini,

Viofo A129 Dual Channel would fit almost all of your requirements: Dual channel, decent clarity, has an add on hardwire kit (extra cost) and cables can be hidden. But it won't double up as a rear parking camera, in my knowledge none of the dashcams can provide you that feature.

For installation you can go to any known car audio dealer they would hide away the cables, install the hardwiring kit as well at minimal costs.

Below is a video review you can through before making final purchase, also AliExpress is having some sale these days do check it out.

Quote:
Hey sairamboko,

You can also go for Viofo A129 if you want dual channel (front and back camera) as you have a budget for it.
But as you are looking for simple plug and play you can go for Viofo A119S, I'm using it in my 3 cars and can definately vouch for its relialability, video quality and sleek design.

Cheers!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 2nd May 2019 at 12:53. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 17:27   #2595
Senior - BHPian

Kent CamEye car camera priced at Rs. 17,999

Kent RO has forayed into automotive security with its CamEye car camera. The device is priced at Rs. 17,999 and is available on Amazon.in.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-kent-ropes-srk-its-new-product-range.jpg

The Kent CamEye features a dual camera setup which can record the interior of the car as well as everything happening outside the vehicle. Both cameras can be used to live stream videos on a mobile phone. The camera also has an in-built GPS receiver and can therefore track the real-time location of the car. It also allows playback of the route traveled on a map and can send alerts on a mobile phone.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-cameye1.jpg

Kent CamEye is a 4G powered, mobile app-based device that can be installed on the front windshield of the car. It can be synced with Android or iOS devices. Recorded videos and historical data for 90 days are stored in the cloud. It has a 3,000 mAh battery and 8 GB memory for when the car is parked or out of network coverage area.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-cameye2.jpg

The device uses Artificial Intelligence to detect anomalies. It has a face recognition feature which can alert the owner if an unknown person is driving the vehicle. It can also detect if the driver is sleeping in the car with the air-conditioning on or if someone obstructs the view of the cameras.

Kent CamEye supports over the air (OTA) updates and the company claims that features such as driver gesture recognition and driver fatigue detection will be rolled out in the future. It is a plug & play device that does not need to be connected to the car's OBD port. It does not tamper with the car's warranty.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by GTO : 10th April 2019 at 17:37. Reason: Image
TusharK is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks