Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2016, 19:17   #661
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Along with that, It should easily record at decent resolution 12-14 hours of video on a single card.
Yes, that's related to the compression algorithm followed by the software installed in the dashcam.

My dashcam (SJ1000) records 1080p videos @~550mb/5 min of loop recording. That way, the 32 gb class 10 microsd card stores the recorded samples of my 3 hours of office commute (to and fro) per day for the last two days (with few samples of the previous day as well)

Having said that, I don't think it is a stringent requirement as mentioned in the question asked by phamilyman:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
...to confirm that it was not my fault...
..unless one need to fight a case that occurred earlier than what was traced in the card.
Old 2nd February 2016, 20:22   #662
BHPian

I had placed an order for GT300(for $6), unfortunately even my order was cancelled by Aliexpress.com. Now, after some research found that G1W is also a VFM dash camera. But there seems to be lot of fake ones in the market.

Any idea about http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...047234937.html which is available for $38?
Old 3rd February 2016, 11:09   #663
BHPian

Hello everyone.
I have been facing a strange issue with my recently purchased GT300 dashcams. The video clips suddenly disappear after a few minutes of viewing them on my PC. I have tried a couple of memory cards but the problem still persists and that too in both the dashcams.
Anyone else facing a similar issue?
Old 3rd February 2016, 11:54   #664
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I had placed an order for GT300(for $6), unfortunately even my order was cancelled by Aliexpress.com. Now, after some research found that G1W is also a VFM dash camera. But there seems to be lot of fake ones in the market.

Any idea about http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...047234937.html which is available for $38?
Rohan, that's a fake one. The original one only comes in a Black box, not an Orange one. Second point, the original will only store MOV files, never AVI files. This one says it does both - that's crap. I did a lot of research on the G1W (I wanted the G1WH which has a Black lens-ring instead of the Silver one,). The H stands for "Hidden".

The original stores ONLY MOV and not AVI at all.

Cheers

Last edited by tilt : 3rd February 2016 at 11:57.
tilt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:20   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Rohan, that's a fake one. The original one only comes in a Black box, not an Orange one. Second point, the original will only store MOV files, never AVI files. This one says it does both - that's crap. I did a lot of research on the G1W (I wanted the G1WH which has a Black lens-ring instead of the Silver one,). The H stands for "Hidden".

The original stores ONLY MOV and not AVI at all.

Cheers
Thanks Mohan :-). Can you please let me know the details of your purchase(preferably with the link)?

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 3rd February 2016 at 13:21.
Old 3rd February 2016, 14:20   #666
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Rohan, here is the link I bought it from.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00K...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

The key things you look for in a dash cam is the Novatek NT96650 (not the 96220) and the Aptina AR0330. As long as your camera has those, you're laughing.

I was lucky that I had someone in Canada to take delivery and hand carry it to me here.

Here's an AliExpress link (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-A...3-6335aeeb290d) for one that looks to be NOT a fake (in spite of the Blue pack instead of the Black). It has the right chip and lens; and though the listing says it's a G1WH, it's not - it's a G1W (Sliver lens cap as opposed to Black). However, the camera is identical in all other respects.

Yes the URL in the link says SJ7000, but weirdly enough, it shows up the G1W page.

Cheers

Last edited by tilt : 3rd February 2016 at 14:42.
tilt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:03   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
For me, I am now thinking a bit more.
I am now thinking of SJCAM SJ4000 rip-off SJ7000, which is available at a decent price on both sites, quality is good as per YouTube videos, nice small form factor, 2" screen, all nice accessories including bicycle and motorcycle mount, control available via wifi apps available on Google Store, SJCAM app supposedly works too (hopefully). However, that will need a car windshield suction mount and a car charger to be bought separately.
For SJCAM, based on my experience, no need to go for Windshield Suction mount or car charger separately.

The mount with double sided adhesive tape that comes along as SJCAM accessory holds onto windshield properly than suction mount. Due to the heat inside the car or any glass cleaning agent or oil being present on the glass the suction mount may fail frequently making the dashcam falling off. The above default mount also comes with a threaded mount using which we can remove the camera when ever required.

Also no need to buy separate charger, buy Bandridge BCL4302 USB extension cable separately and connect using the default cables that comes with the camera.

Note: I am using TWO SJCAM SJ4000 Wifi on my scorpio from July 2015, for both front and rear and I had also bought the accessory additionally you had mentioned, and this was my experience. No longer using the suction mount I bought additionally. Read more about here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
A "good" dashcam should be able to:

1) In case of an untoward incident, record a wide angle video (>140 degrees) of the entire incident with clear shot of the number plates, and that too during low light conditions e.g. during night.

2) To successfully implement point (1), the firmware have to be of excellent quality. It has to withstand temperatures exceeding 55-60 degree Celsius (which the inside of any car parked in summer time attains easily), and still function with the same precision. Not only while being driven around after a long time in the parking under sunlight, but while being parked as well (Motion sensor).

If this could be attained by a dashcam, however cheap it is, then its worth the deal.
You said most of it: For others, just check out details and reviews at TechMoan http://www.techmoan.com/

He talks about the most features needed for dashcams, latest product reviews which are independent and detailed.

Cheers,
narayanang76

Last edited by narayanang76 : 3rd February 2016 at 15:05.
narayanang76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:41   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
For SJCAM, based on my experience, ... Read more about here:
Thanks for pointing out important points. I have seen your posts earlier. Nice information and feedback.

I will most probably will need a suction mount for my purpose and be able to move around if and when needed. I have one Nokia mount that sticks like nothing and did not fail so far even with the heavy Lumia hanging by it. Additionally, preferably single long charger wire to be routed hidden from view to the additional 12V dash port.
Old 4th February 2016, 12:30   #669
BHPian

Has anyone faced issues with police noticing unusual setup i.e. camera on the windshield and found it suspicious? As far as I know, recording of the roads, traffic movement can be called as suspicious activities by police and under Indian IT Act. Anyone with legal background can help?
I am inclined to get one for my car but am afraid of likely police questioning.
Old 6th February 2016, 19:38   #670
BHPian

Hi guys,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...g-fleeced.html
just read through this thread and think I think I'm going to order a dash cam. Any suggestions? It should be under $20 dollars. That's the only criteria. And can someone enlighten me on hardwiring (I think that's what it is called) a dash cam? Have never used/seen one before. Any advice will be of much help.

Thanks in advance.
Old 6th February 2016, 20:10   #671
Senior - BHPian

The Gw1-cb is not storing date and always reseting to Year 2000 .
Seems like the Y2K bug bit it. What are my options to fix it.. Please advise.
//Rahul
Old 6th February 2016, 20:33   #672
BHPian

Hi guys
Bought this dual camera from Ali express - see link http://s.aliexpress.com/nA7niUJz

Installed it today in the car and it works decently
The screen shows both the front and back footage in pip mode and records it as two separate videos in the storage. Picture quality is pretty good and also has a wide angle camera.
Overall seems like a good buyThe Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454770947.284654.jpgThe Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454770966.602509.jpgThe Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454770983.554532.jpg
harishhm74 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 23:29   #673
BHPian

Harish, can you tell me when you had ordered it and how long it took to arrive? I've ordered the same one (170 degree view) on 21st Jan and am waiting impatiently for it.
Old 7th February 2016, 08:15   #674
BHPian

Hi Farpatel
I had ordered on 1st Jan and shipped by 5th Jan... So almost a month to reach me
harishhm74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 12:53   #675
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Hi guys
Bought this dual camera from Ali express - see link http://s.aliexpress.com/nA7niUJz

Installed it today in the car and it works decently
Hi, the camera looks great. There are some positive reviews about this model as well.

I have a couple of questions. What size SD card have you installed? 32GB? I read in many other camera reviews that you would get about 5 hours of 1080p recording in a 32GB SD card. With two cameras, how much recording time do you get?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks