Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2006, 16:15   #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
however hopefully by the time I master the intricacies maybe they will develop other better headunits with more features/facilities/SQ - Doing a B&T here --- "Maybe they will figure out a way for it to do the laundry too" --- lol
Dude, there are enough head units that double up as toasters. Can anything be more handy than that when your previous night's binge leaves you with just enough time to take a crap in the morning before you drive to work?
Old 24th June 2006, 18:16   #317
Senior - BHPian

Kb my man 1 lac man , had a word with a supplier in delhi......

Canton
Morel
Focal
DLS
Scan Speak
and many more......

are avalabile in delhi......
Now I am going to install the 3-way in my car and this is final. With kick pods to go for the tweeter and midrange and the stock location for the woofer.

And now which model to choose from is the only problem I have left......
Old 24th June 2006, 18:57   #318
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
It's so easy go for ButterChhickkhennn!!!! It's good for nice burps!!
Old 24th June 2006, 19:18   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes&Truffles
Dude, there are enough head units that double up as toasters. Can anything be more handy than that when your previous night's binge leaves you with just enough time to take a crap in the morning before you drive to work?
Lol .... welcome on board!!.. B&T^2 ....

***sigh*** ... girlfriends... they are such nice ppl ..........miss alla mine........
Old 24th June 2006, 21:25   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Kb my man 1 lac man , had a word with a supplier in delhi......

Canton
Morel
Focal
DLS
Scan Speak
and many more......

are avalabile in delhi......
Now I am going to install the 3-way in my car and this is final. With kick pods to go for the tweeter and midrange and the stock location for the woofer.

LBM.. sent you TWO PM's... did ya get them??

Hey man... those kickpods.... are you getting them ready-made??.. or are you getting them made-to-order..

Shed some light on it!! ...
Old 24th June 2006, 21:40   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
KB, have not a shred of doubt in your head about this... the P80 is a great HU, but its not anywhere close to the HX-D2. Anything is as good as the sum of its parts. And the HX-D2 is way way ahead of the other HUs, even the P80... I could go on and on about this HU... you dont wwant to get me started.
Gunbir...

Please tell me all... and all of us... Am sure not many ppl know the capability of this HU.

And also tell us what all you have used... and how the HX-D2 compares to the best of the HU's you have had an opportunity to install/listen to
Old 24th June 2006, 21:53   #322
BHPian

Clarion HX-D2 is the best HU which one can buy. It is an extensive unit with 24bit K-Grade Burr Brown DAC's, 0.5dB Step Burr Brown volume pot (a treat ), 96Khz Sampling, Delta Sigma Analog to Digital Convertor, 8V Pre Outs, Parametric Eq, Does F + R + Sub, 2way F active + R + Sub, 4way Active combinations, 0.7cm Step Time Alignment, Copper Chassis, External Power Supply...blah blah...I can keep on writing about it for another 2 Hours...

Nothing comes close to it in sound quality. The only other comparable units in terms of flexibilty and available features are Pioneer P9 Combo and Alpine F1 Status (the 7990 not the current 9990 DVD unit..Bloody expensive). Clarion beats both of them in SQ hands down.

The only HU which is above HX-D2 in SQ is McIntosh MX-5000 (would be nice if partnered with MDA-5000 DAC ) but then MX-5000 is just a plain HU with no frills, just bass/treble and 2V Front- Rear preouts and is expensive.

Nakamichi CD700II (older one) and Denon DCT's are also good but I would still go for Clarion HX-D2 or McIntosh MX-5000. Which we already have

Last edited by Autophile : 24th June 2006 at 22:06.
Old 24th June 2006, 22:07   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
The only HU which is above HX-D2 in SQ is McIntosh MX-5000 (would be nice if partnered with MDA-5000 DAC )and is expensive.
Hey JB.. How much do these Mac Beasts cost??.. and how much more for the DAC??

..About the HX-D2.. I read a post somewhere they found the sub channel did only 3.5 volts even @ +6dB... (YES folks- its does +6dB on the VC!! )... what does this mean... any significance??
Old 24th June 2006, 22:16   #324
BHPian

The McIntosh MX-5000 & MDA-5000 combo I got for approx USD 3500. It was special import from Japan (the only place it was available at that time), it was just launched when I got. At that time even McIntosh Representatives of some countries were not aware of the 5000 Series (HU, DAC, CD Changer)

The Clarion HX-D2 does +6dB where it puts out 8Volts in its preouts but the sub channel gets less voltage as compared to other three as the subchannel is routed through the DSP section of the HX-D2. It does not affect the sound that much as it can be taken care by input gain matching on the sub amplifier.
Old 24th June 2006, 22:35   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Does F + R + Sub, 2way F active + R + Sub, 4way Active combinations,
OKay.. so how exactly do you use the rear channel in a Four way active combination???
Old 24th June 2006, 22:40   #326
Senior - BHPian

As far as car audio equipment is concerned, we've pretty much BTDT. We always need a new toy to play with. Which is a pain sometimes cuz we tend to get bored easily. We may be running $1000-4000 HUs in our own cars, but we still love to compare 'the new Sony' to 'the new Pioneer' and so on, even if those units cost under Rs 10k... And its quite difficult to please us.

What this really means is that this is an expensive hobby and the kind of 'extra gear' we have lying around is not funny... maybe we'll put that stuff up in the Marketplace soon...

We took a day off today, but the past few evenings have been spent in an interesting experiment, which shall be concluded tomorrow (hopefully)... stay tuned.
Old 24th June 2006, 22:44   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OKay.. so how exactly do you use the rear channel in a Four way active combination???
Gunman.... Answer to this plz ?!? .. cant wait to see your experiment!.. lol...

Last edited by kb100 : 24th June 2006 at 22:46.
Old 24th June 2006, 22:45   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, I dont quite get what ur asking, but I'll explain anyways... The HX-D2 has three modes, DIRECT, STANDARD or NETWORK

DIRECT mode - switches of the DSPs, no EQ, no XO, nothing. Just CD player functionality. full puristville.

STANDARD mode - High + Low Front, Rear, Sub. So you can have an active XO on the 2way front stage, a full range rear fill and subs.

NETWORK mode - High, Mid, Low, Sub. Full active system. 3way active front stage and sub = 4way.
Old 24th June 2006, 22:48   #329
Senior - BHPian

EGGGJAAKTTLY!!

JB in his post mentioned only two possibilities - or so it seemed... which is why i asked... Tis clear now!

This tower of PISa has now started leaning towrds the HX-D2...
***biting nails***

Last edited by kb100 : 24th June 2006 at 22:51.
Old 24th June 2006, 23:12   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
EGGGJAAKTTLY!!

JB in his post mentioned only two possibilities - or so it seemed... which is why i asked... Tis clear now!

This tower of PISa has now started leaning towrds the HX-D2...
***biting nails***
bling bling . KB200000 it should be then!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks